Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions and alternate weapons....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Companions and alternate weapons....

Chugster
01.22.2013 , 01:22 PM | #1
I was just wondering, some companions, Kira and Aric Jorgan come to mind, can use different types of weapons, in these cases single/double sabers and blaster rifles/assault cannons.

Is there any reason not to use single sabers on Kira or Rifles on Aric? its mostly an aesthetic thing for me but i dont want to reduce my companions DPS too much
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

_biddan_
01.22.2013 , 03:29 PM | #2
it's purely a dmg reduction.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

RendValor
01.22.2013 , 07:32 PM | #3
Blaster Rifles and Lightsabers have 20% lower damage than Assault Cannons and Double Bladed Lightsabers respectively
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Kitru
01.22.2013 , 09:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Blaster Rifles and Lightsabers have 20% lower damage than Assault Cannons and Double Bladed Lightsabers respectively
It's actually that superior weapons (Sniper Rifles, Assasult Cannons, DBLS, Electrostaves) have 20% higher base weapon damage (which translates to ~5-10% higher damage for weapon based attacks). Standard weapons (Blaster Rifles, Pistols, Lightsabers, Vibroblades, Techblades) have ~17% lower damage (1.0/1.2) thanks to how comparative determination of percentages operates (X is % lower than Y should be explained with Y as the baseline, not X as the baseline since you're comparing X to Y, not the other way around).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.