Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont Receive Additional Monthly Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Dont Receive Additional Monthly Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PrudiiJalor
02.06.2013 , 12:00 PM | #651
I renewed my sub on the 10th but haven't received my coins (550) for January. Got the security ones. Put in a ticket on Saturday and haven't heard back and no coins. Help?

XL-Jedi
02.06.2013 , 12:02 PM | #652
I have never rec'd my monthly allotment of Cartel Coins without having to submit a ticket... which frequently get's put off by whichever in-game customer dis-service bot that happens to come across it.

I've submitted multiple MULTIPLE tickets on this issue and it's never been fixed. I can't even get a bot to just give me the coins I was supposed to receive in mid-January. As a result, I also missed out on being able to buy a couple of the holiday cartel items that have been retired while I sit and wait for the coins I'm supposed to be getting with my 6-month paid subscriptions.

FizzwickNuffaa
02.06.2013 , 12:07 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Yes, those coins on the 12th were granted in error. Just upgrading the account in that manner should not have granted the 500 coins. However, rather than have the system remove the coins and re-grant them, it kept the balance the same.
Rather shoddy CS that it took this much arguing to get a real explanation. Decent CS would have found the error immediately and explained it right away. Good CS would have granted the 500 and let their system's error stand instead of 'fixing' it. I doubt you would have ever known I got coins in error if it hadn't been for this coins debacle happening or if I had never subscribed to start with. Certainly not my fault your coin system is buggy. I thought the 'error' was a bonus for upgrading. The biggest threat to the future of this game isn't the game, it's the poor CS that supports it. I definitely don't feel like a valued customer here. And yes, I know what good service looks like. I played City of Heroes for virtually all of it's ~8 year run and the service and support there were a definite part of it. They were fantastic and beat the CS here in every way possible by a massive margin. Will this game last so long? Not with service like it is now. Food for thought.

Llunauk
02.06.2013 , 12:18 PM | #654
I bought another 2 month subscription (the one off payment) as I only had 2 days left on my old subscription. I did this almost 7 days ago and havn't got my 500 cartel points yet.

PlasmaJohn
02.06.2013 , 12:48 PM | #655
Yes, those coins on the 12th were granted in error. Just upgrading the account in that manner should not have granted the 500 coins. However, rather than have the system remove the coins and re-grant them, it kept the balance the same.
Well that explains my issue. This should have been and still needs to be communicated to the player base. Had I known that those points would have been deducted from my sub I probably would have reconsidered the extension. Are you going to "claw back" the points granted to those who did not add coins or a sub? If not, do you think that's fair to those of us who had their grant reduced?

DarthSpooky
02.06.2013 , 02:43 PM | #656

DarthSpooky, it seems that you also got a double grant on November 21st, the same as deltanine above.
Thanks for the reply, but this kind of sounds like "We screwed up in November, so you aren't getting any coins for January." Seems like you guys would want to just eat the cost in that case, save yourselves the hassle.

Bommyknocker
02.06.2013 , 03:27 PM | #657
I was supposed to receive my 600 monthly Cartel Coins around the 23th of January.
I posted 2 tickets, 1 in game and one here on the site......0 response....and still 0 coins added!
A good friend of mine got his the 1st of February....instead of around the 23th of January....but I am still waiting for mine.

This annoys me very much!

Seriously......they should compensate all Subscribers for this issue.
Subscribers are the core of the game.....they should be appreciated much more.

Regards,

Bainrow

blooddodo
02.06.2013 , 06:42 PM | #658
Looking at my ledger, the last date I received Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins is 12/30/2012. Considering I never cancelled my sub in the mean time, I think it's about time for some "monthly" grant. Hint: said month is already over...

Also according to the ledger, I've never received a double grant, be that November or another date, so I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

AmadanNaBrona
02.06.2013 , 10:41 PM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by AmadanNaBrona View Post
I thank you for your reply. However, here's a little history to explain my doubts. My December allotment did not arrive without me having to take action, I opened a ticket, the ticket somehow automagically closed without me receiving my coins. I called customer service, evidently during a time of higher than normal volume, and spent four and a half hours on hold, before being able to speak to someone who could help me.

Now my January allotment has not yet arrived, I've opened a ticket... I'm awaiting its magical closing and afraid that another four and a half hour phone call is in my near future
ticket still open, that's better than closed but still no January coins.

AmadanNaBrona
02.07.2013 , 07:40 AM | #660
ticket still open, no response though and still no January coins.