Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unable to pick advance class - bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Unable to pick advance class - bug?

Sehriy's Avatar


Sehriy
12.20.2011 , 10:55 AM | #1
My son rolled a Commando and when it came to choosing his advance class he timed out due to inactivity (sent him on chores much to his delight).

When he came back the ability to pick the AC was gone. No quest to drop to restart the mini quest and no one to talk to we have found.

Any way to get this choice back?

lolynot's Avatar


lolynot
12.20.2011 , 11:08 AM | #2
try pressing K or something.

TheHeadCapper's Avatar


TheHeadCapper
12.20.2011 , 04:59 PM | #3
I can't get to the option to choose an advanced class.

Looked for the trainer when you first enter the repub ship and nothing. Am i missing something?

LordPorkins's Avatar


LordPorkins
12.20.2011 , 05:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
I can't get to the option to choose an advanced class.

Looked for the trainer when you first enter the repub ship and nothing. Am i missing something?
It's a mission not a trainer. You get the mission when u leave your planet and are at level 10.

LordPorkins's Avatar


LordPorkins
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sehriy View Post
My son rolled a Commando and when it came to choosing his advance class he timed out due to inactivity (sent him on chores much to his delight).

When he came back the ability to pick the AC was gone. No quest to drop to restart the mini quest and no one to talk to we have found.

Any way to get this choice back?


When he logs back on click on the mission and the choice should still be there. Couldn't you have waited a few minutes to let him choose his AC before sending him to do chores. Tough love!

TheHeadCapper's Avatar


TheHeadCapper
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post
It's a mission not a trainer. You get the mission when u leave your planet and are at level 10.
I'm level 10 and just got off the lift into the republican fleet. This is where i thought the guy who gives me the quest is supposed to be but no quest.

To verify, the quest is on the fleet not in the spaceport?

TheHeadCapper's Avatar


TheHeadCapper
12.20.2011 , 05:11 PM | #7
I looked everywhere i have no quests on the fleet at all

AF_Jams's Avatar


AF_Jams
12.20.2011 , 10:28 PM | #8
Im level 10 and the mission wont come up for me either. Im at the fleet and still nothing.

Bokulis's Avatar


Bokulis
12.21.2011 , 12:54 AM | #9
I had this same problem. I was at the selection screen for choosing my AC for one of my empire characters and alt tabbed out to do some quick research.

I ended up reading for quite a while and the game eventually booted me. When I logged back in and spoke with the same NPC to get the choices for my char..he said I had already chosen my class, but I am still a lvl 11 agent.

Weird.

ibbovine's Avatar


ibbovine
12.21.2011 , 05:29 AM | #10
If you click on the trainer and it is telling you that you have already chosen a class, just open up your skill tree and it will allow you to choose the advanced class.