Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lag, DC's and cartel coins

Libensborn's Avatar


Libensborn
01.20.2013 , 04:02 PM | #1
Yep, thats right!

I've been experiencing an unbearable number of DC's and massive lag spikes (like mostly everybody has).
This began atfer the last patch and went on until past Thursday. Than it worked like before since Friday until today at 3PM GMT. After that time, playing Wzs or FPs is completely out of question, since my lag goes from 216ms (my standard latency since im playing on an US server and im in Europe) to 20K ms, making the game unplayable and not enjoyable. This happens mainly on parts where one needs to engage in a fight, but its not specific to.

Once again, i've contacted my ISP, troubleshooted anything that could have been damaged and in the end its not my side.

This problem is specific to SWTOR, as Ive been playing GW2 (also on a US server) and EvE and both games run as smooth as silk.

Also, Cartel Coins arent being added to the ledger, I'll not go into details cause im pretty sure that this topic has also been debated for quite a long time.

What I ask is: will Tuesday see a patch that will fix this or will the patches be all about adding stuff to the Cartel Market or fixing the appearance of such items? Because I can stand the bad gear appearance when compared to not being able to play the game at all.

Thanks.

TheFuzzyFunk's Avatar


TheFuzzyFunk
01.20.2013 , 04:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Libensborn View Post
Yep, thats right!

I've been experiencing an unbearable number of DC's and massive lag spikes (like mostly everybody has).
This began atfer the last patch and went on until past Thursday. Than it worked like before since Friday until today at 3PM GMT. After that time, playing Wzs or FPs is completely out of question, since my lag goes from 216ms (my standard latency since im playing on an US server and im in Europe) to 20K ms, making the game unplayable and not enjoyable. This happens mainly on parts where one needs to engage in a fight, but its not specific to.

Once again, i've contacted my ISP, troubleshooted anything that could have been damaged and in the end its not my side.

This problem is specific to SWTOR, as Ive been playing GW2 (also on a US server) and EvE and both games run as smooth as silk.

Also, Cartel Coins arent being added to the ledger, I'll not go into details cause im pretty sure that this topic has also been debated for quite a long time.

What I ask is: will Tuesday see a patch that will fix this or will the patches be all about adding stuff to the Cartel Market or fixing the appearance of such items? Because I can stand the bad gear appearance when compared to not being able to play the game at all.

Thanks.
Also having the lag/latency long delays, continuosly goes from as low as 30ms to 2k ms, and eventually disconnects, i also play Planetside 2, DayZ and a few other online games and experience no problems with lag in those, according to some other threads on this forum reporting the same problem it began when the recent patch was released?, also worth noting that no official response was made to the threads i read.

Libensborn's Avatar


Libensborn
01.20.2013 , 04:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFuzzyFunk View Post
according to some other threads on this forum reporting the same problem it began when the recent patch was released?, also worth noting that no official response was made to the threads i read.
Thats correct. It has been happening since the patch, and the only semi-official response was "our server farm manager has DNS issues". Ive heard the same thing when 1.2 was released.

TheFuzzyFunk's Avatar


TheFuzzyFunk
01.20.2013 , 05:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Libensborn View Post
Thats correct. It has been happening since the patch, and the only semi-official response was "our server farm manager has DNS issues". Ive heard the same thing when 1.2 was released.
I only recently returned to the game, i think i remember something similar also for a previous patch, possibly 1.2 like you say

Alkic's Avatar


Alkic
01.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #5
I'm also experiencing this issue. I've queued up for HMFP's three times now and gotten about 2/3 of the way through them when I hit a massive lag spike and get DC'd. When I get back I am kicked from the group and my spot always gets filled immediately (I'm DPS...) resulting in me not being able to complete the FP therefore not get my dailies/weeklies done...it's making me insane now.
Alkic Darklight
There is no death: There is the Force...

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 06:49 PM | #6
Have you tried switching to a VPN at the time of DCs and lag to see if it makes a difference ?

Some offer free trials so no cost, just a thought

Alkic's Avatar


Alkic
01.21.2013 , 07:37 AM | #7
not even sure what a VPN is but I get lag throughout the entire FP. The reason I know it's them is when I am not in an FP I have 4 bars. When in a Flashpoint I have 1-2 bars consistantly.
Alkic Darklight
There is no death: There is the Force...

Libensborn's Avatar


Libensborn
01.21.2013 , 02:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkic View Post
not even sure what a VPN is but I get lag throughout the entire FP. The reason I know it's them is when I am not in an FP I have 4 bars. When in a Flashpoint I have 1-2 bars consistantly.
Precisely my problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Have you tried switching to a VPN at the time of DCs and lag to see if it makes a difference ?

Some offer free trials so no cost, just a thought
I havent tried that solution. But I doubt that will fix anything, being the issue on the server-side. Ive even tried to open the ports on my firewall (despite SWTOR always worked with not having to add the exception to those ports) and still no results.

I hope that by tomorrow, my client will be downloading a patch containing a fix and not a patch containing more items for the CM.