Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor statistics as it relates to Cartel armors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Armor statistics as it relates to Cartel armors

Merkvah
01.20.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1
I play a Guardian, so my armor rating is very important to me.

As I understand it, the idea behind the Orange and Purple armor sets is to allow players to move the stats from one set of armor to another to select the appearance they want for their characters. Personally, I'd LOVE to have the "Valiant Jedi Armor" set on the cartel market.

The thing stopping me from buying it is this: Armor pieces have their own armor rating. Not ALL stats are in the mods. This means that if I find a piece of armor whose appearance I like, I am not necessarily free to just transfer the mods over and use it. I have to take into consideration the armor rating on the armor shell itself.

EverQuest 2 fixes this by having an "appearance" tab. Players wear one set of armor, and can put another set in the Appearance tab. The armor in the Appearance tab affects nothing, and confers no benefit at all, other than appearance. It's a great system, because if I want to look like I looked on Tython for the rest of my career, that becomes a viable option. And really... Obi Wan as a padawan wore the same appearance as Qui Gon Jin, his master, but there was no doubt the two of them were at different skill levels. =)
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

JymmyMorison
01.20.2013 , 04:39 AM | #2
lol m8 you havent been paying much attention to the game cm items are all adaptive wich means they will adapt armor rating to you characters light, medium or heavy armor as soon as you equip it, and other stats change with mods

Merkvah
01.20.2013 , 08:59 PM | #3
Thank you. =) I hadn't realized that.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.