Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DC every 5 minutes

hunterraaze
01.20.2013 , 02:40 AM | #1
This is really annoying me. Ill be playing with good signal, then all of a sudden I'll have one bar or the dreaded X, and next I will disconnect from my character. This started last night (Friday the 19th). This may have something to do with the recent downed servers, but once again, it has been happening since last night. It can't be my local internet, as me and my friend are literally 3 feet away from each other, using the same WiFi, and he is not having ANY issues. I just recently got my wireless card, so I doubt it's that. Once again, this has gotten really annoying, it's now to the point I can't play because every 5 minutes I DC.

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 02:43 AM | #2
As a test have you tried connecting by wired ?

Edit - Maybe firewall ports could cause this issue as well just some thoughts, especially if friend 3 feet away has no issues.

hunterraaze
01.20.2013 , 02:47 AM | #3
Can't at the moment. Currently have no way of testing this, but I will be able to tomorrow. Also, tried some other mmo's, not having this issue. Only on the SWTOR.

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 02:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterraaze View Post
Can't at the moment. Currently have no way of testing this, but I will be able to tomorrow. Also, tried some other mmo's, not having this issue. Only on the SWTOR.
Less likely wireless is an issue then, but ports is a good contender, i gather your friend is on the same server ?

If you do a netstat -a on both computers, check to see if he is connecting to the same IP address as you. If he is then local issue is more likely.

hunterraaze
01.20.2013 , 02:50 AM | #5
Alright. I have no idea where or how to look at this. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 02:53 AM | #6
Alright. I have no idea where or how to look at this. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.
Have you set exceptions in your firewall for launcher.exe and swtor.exe ?

The port numbers that are required to do this are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).

hunterraaze
01.20.2013 , 02:56 AM | #7
Just checked, if it's the right thing, anything and everything SWTOR is allowed.

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 02:59 AM | #8
Just checked, if it's the right thing, anything and everything SWTOR is allowed.
What happens if you login on his computer ?

hunterraaze
01.20.2013 , 03:00 AM | #9
Think I figured it out. It's set to not allow it at a Public Network, so i'm going to go and change those settings and see if it works. Thanks for all of your help.

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 03:03 AM | #10
Welcome, let us know if it was the issue for you