Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few patches ago...the Latency Spikes struck.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A few patches ago...the Latency Spikes struck.

Radzkie
01.18.2013 , 04:56 PM | #1
It was about two patches ago...maybe three. I cannot exactly remember. I tried to just deal with the spikes because I didn't want to post about yet another problem in Customer Service...but my patience with it has run out.

I play on my laptop, which is a very good system.

And I need to point out that I play in two places: at my place and my parents. There's a reason I mention this.

At home, I will go from 40 ms to 3000 ms back to 40 ms in a matter of a minute. It doesn't come at any certain time or pattern. It's just random and sometimes happens multiple times in a row. Also, sometimes it will go from 40 ms to 3000 to 3500 to 4000 to 5000 to 6000 to...the point where I smash my head on the keyboard and force the game client to close so that I can get back into the game.

At my parents house, the game will sometimes stay at 1000 ms. No jumps (so far) just staying at that point for long periods of time. It's very hard to play the game when it does that.

Once again, I want to point out both these problems did not happen before. These are new. I would like to know if they're on my side(maybe my provider changed something?), or the games side.

I have run multiple launcher repairs and reset my router(s) to try to fix this.

Arovien
01.18.2013 , 05:08 PM | #2
I am getting the same issue since the first patch in the new year. Never had any lag issues before first patch of the new year; not even client crashes. These lag spikes have caused my ops group to wipe so many damn times I am now on the bench. No matter what I am doing, the lag spikes randomly happen. Lag spikes in warzones cause me to get kicked out of the warzone by that one buff that is suppose to detect AFKers. Basically, I lag for about 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Been getting progressively worse in every patch (seems to be getting worse by the day).

I also play other PC games online and they do not lag. I do other online activities with no connection issues. Excluding drivers and updates, my network has not been changed or altered in the slightest manner in over 6 months. I have maintained the exact same connection settings for months.
Aro'Vien - Sage Healer

Radzkie
01.18.2013 , 05:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
I also play other PC games online and they do not lag. I do other online activities with no connection issues. Excluding drivers and updates, my network has not been changed or altered in the slightest manner in over 6 months. I have maintained the exact same connection settings for months.
Nothing to my knowledge has changed on my side either.

Radzkie
01.21.2013 , 02:28 AM | #4
So no customer service huh?

Oh well...

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 02:33 AM | #5
Have you tried something like battleping or similar to see if it has an effect ?

TheFuzzyFunk
01.21.2013 , 06:42 AM | #6
Hi its affecting a growing number of us it seems, its supposedly something to do with a route our connections to the game take, with something called alternet being the culprit.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=587470
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=588439
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#post5753712

Taankjr
01.21.2013 , 06:44 AM | #7
Same issue here