Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stat Modifications


Moutlael's Avatar


Moutlael
01.18.2013 , 03:42 PM | #1
I now have a full set of Stock War Hero gear. I play Gunnery PvP. What stats should I change to optimize my gear/damage output. And please do not make this a thread about, "Gunnery sux, roll new toon" I enjoy playing my Mando. Thank you in advance for the Helpful advice.

ChicagoBearsFan's Avatar


ChicagoBearsFan
01.20.2013 , 08:21 AM | #2
Stack AIM and END. AIM is your base stat(always good) and END for survivabity for which the commando needs some help. POW helps tech abilities but as gunnery you will rely more on your general ranged damage so other than AIM/END you might want to stack CRIT and SURGE for burst DPS.

Almost forgot, you will want to stack accuracy untill you reach 100% or you will be missing players often and negating a lot of your damage. Once at or near 100 stack the other stats.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
01.20.2013 , 08:33 AM | #3
power adds to ranged bonus damage too


also, there's no reason to stack accuracy that high. all ranged and tech attacks have 100% accuracy. the only attack that doesn't is your basic attack, hammershot (the tooltip in your character panel is slightly misleading)

everyone has a 5% base defense chance, so getting up to 95% ranged accuracy is all you need to make sure you overcome this. some classes (like assault commandos, scrapper scoundrels, and combat shadows) get an additional 2% bonus to defense from skill points, so pushing to 97% accuracy can be worth it.

anything above that is only useful against tanks, and it will take a lot of accuracy to overcome the defense chance completely.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.20.2013 , 10:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
power adds to ranged bonus damage too


also, there's no reason to stack accuracy that high. all ranged and tech attacks have 100% accuracy. the only attack that doesn't is your basic attack, hammershot (the tooltip in your character panel is slightly misleading)

everyone has a 5% base defense chance, so getting up to 95% ranged accuracy is all you need to make sure you overcome this. some classes (like assault commandos, scrapper scoundrels, and combat shadows) get an additional 2% bonus to defense from skill points, so pushing to 97% accuracy can be worth it.

anything above that is only useful against tanks, and it will take a lot of accuracy to overcome the defense chance completely.
What?

We start with 90% accuracy which means against 0 base defence chance we will miss 10% with our white damage attacks.

To hit 100% with white damage against 0 base defence chance we need 100% accuracy.

And for that matter all consulars and inquisitors have a 10% base defence chance.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
01.20.2013 , 02:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
What?

We start with 90% accuracy which means against 0 base defence chance we will miss 10% with our white damage attacks.

To hit 100% with white damage against 0 base defence chance we need 100% accuracy.
only the level 1 free attack has basic (90%) accuracy.

the reason we need to get a 10% bonus to accuracy in PVE is because raid bosses (and i'm assuming many other NPCs) have 10% defense

Quote:
And for that matter all consulars and inquisitors have a 10% base defence chance.
cool

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.20.2013 , 03:28 PM | #6
So for PVP as well as PVE the accuracy required is 100% just to handle default defences.

Many defensive abilites screw with chance to hit but it can't be helped.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Llama-Eight's Avatar


Llama-Eight
01.21.2013 , 09:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
also, there's no reason to stack accuracy that high. all ranged and tech attacks have 100% accuracy. the only attack that doesn't is your basic attack, hammershot (the tooltip in your character panel is slightly misleading)
And Full Auto & High Impact Bolt.

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
01.21.2013 , 10:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Llama-Eight View Post
And Full Auto & High Impact Bolt.
as i already said, only the level 1 free attack has basic (90%) accuracy.

the reason we need to get a 10% bonus to accuracy in PVE is because raid bosses (and i'm assuming many other NPCs) have 10% defense

ElQuesoGrande's Avatar


ElQuesoGrande
01.24.2013 , 07:17 AM | #9
Well that thread is 100% incorrect. ALL attacks specified as "range" type attacks are 90%. Go hit the regular level 50 dummy (not operation) and you will miss with full auto ~10% of the time over a large sample size. Tech and force abilities have 100% accuracy as a base. Just because there's a thread that claims that hammershot is the only 90% accuracy attack, that doesn't mean the thread is correct. Go test it, and you'll see that we're correct. I literally just took off all accuracy pieces, used only full auto, and missed 12 total ticks out of 102 possible ticks. (which means 34 casts of full auto)

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
01.24.2013 , 11:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ElQuesoGrande View Post
ALL attacks specified as "range" type attacks are 90%.
No, *you're* 100% incorrect. You're operating under laughably false pretenses.

The ops dummy has a default defense of ~10%, meaning that your accuracy is reduced by 10% when attacking it. If you used your Hammer Shot (a basic attack) without any accuracy, you would experience roughly 20% of your attacks missing because it has a base accuracy of 90% which gets reduced by the target's defense to 80%.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.