Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How would Darth Sidious fare against the Force Wielders of Mortis?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How would Darth Sidious fare against the Force Wielders of Mortis?

Master_Raider
01.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #11
If you stick to TCW then the lore is that the Ones as a race can "manipulate the force like no other". They have a racial advantage over Sidious. Their invulnerability is also a major issue. the son displayed force powers that no one has been able to match. The father noted that his children can rend the universe. I imagine that it's safe to say anything Sidious can do, the Son can do better.

If you go by Abeloth as a measure, she was reputed to have the power of approximately a dozen Luke Skywalkers and she continued to gain power. She could be in multiple locations at the same time and cannot be permanently destroyed. It took the combined power of the Son and Daughter using tremendous technology to contain her. Sidious is not in that weight class.

BrandonSM
01.20.2013 , 07:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith_Kingpin View Post
Hello, I'm new here, but I'm a massive SW fan, and that includes the novels, comics, CW series etc... I'm just wondering what your views are on how Darth Sidious (Palpatine) would have coped with the Son of Mortis? I know Anakin owned both the Daughter and Son, but I think Sidous' Force Lightning would have turned that evil SOB into ash.

Some people will argue the Force Wielders are immortal, but I think the crafty Sith Lord would find a way to cope with him. It's an interesting scenario because Anakin almost left Mortis with the Son, and they were going to destroy the Sith and the Jedi, so do you think good old Palpatine could have handled them if they succeeded in their plan? If not, would he have needed somebody's help like Master Yoda or Master Windu? Or, would even all them 3 fail against the Force Wielder Son?
To make an example of just how powerful they were, Abeloth was their servant. Abeloth, you know the Dark-Side Deity who, according to Luke Skywalker, 12 times his power.

And they managed to defeat her and contain her...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

MasterSingh
01.20.2013 , 11:22 PM | #13
I'd just like to apologise for my earlier reply since in hindsight, it seems a bit... absolute.

I misunderstood the topic and thought this was a fight to the death, of The Ones specifically. Anyhow as the original poster pointed out, defeat doesn't have to mean total annihilation.

In any case then I would like to put forward our "current" Emperor, Lord Vitiate. As we know he never needs to directly get in harms way and can use his signature ability of fighting through another sentient being, while he figures out a way to defeat The Ones. Moreover if we allow Lord Vitiate to... accomplish his ultimate goal (being vague incase anyone hasn't finished the Jedi Knight storyline), I feel he would be more than a match for The Ones, maybe even against all 3 of them together! /mindexplodes

THIS I would love to see.

Sith_Kingpin
01.21.2013 , 06:03 AM | #14
Interesting... Darth Vitiate would stand a good chance, but then if we go down that route, we have to accept that Darth Sidious could match the Ones as he is the ultimate Sith and strongest Sith Lord ever.

Anyway, I'd like to address the points made about Mother Talzin. From the CW lore, her powers far exceed anything else we've seen on the show. She can materialize matter out of thin air (the cup for Dooku etc...) also, she can teleport and fade away. She turned Savage Oppress from a thin warrior into a steroid looking maniac. With her magic, Savage found Maul and she was orchestrating the entire thing from parsecs away! She also fixed Darth Maul's broken, hermit mind and then gave him new legs as well. Her green lightning destroyed a batalion of droids, and her witchcraft would have killed a Sith Lord with ease (Dooku was going to die, that was a certainty).

So, these aren't my opinions... these are facts that are shown in the CW. So, in my eyes, she could be a One, as she has a unique, uncanny way of manipulating the force that could match almost any known force user in existence. I personally don't think she is a One, but to say she doesn't come near their power is a bold statement indeed.