Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light or Dark?

Pernzilla
12.20.2011 , 10:41 AM | #1
I don't know if any of you are having difficulty with this but I'm having a hard time trying to pick which side of the force my character should roll on...

I guess I'm just having trouble being a Bounty Hunter for the Empire and being light side .

Anyway, what side did you guys go with? Specific reasons?

VidarUlv
12.20.2011 , 10:43 AM | #2
I don't go for a side, I just pick what I feel fits natural for my character, or myself.

Sadly a whole lot of people end up dying.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

DeaconX
12.20.2011 , 10:44 AM | #3
I've been playing 'as myself' and so far, I'm very light.
The best work never was and never will be done for money.

Eildalior
12.20.2011 , 10:49 AM | #4
I've been playing as a true bounty hunter - in my opinion - : dark, evil, mean, killing a lot of people for bribes and obviously - which is the most important - rich.

Enjoy

Vhox
12.20.2011 , 10:50 AM | #5
I usually like to appease my companion but I also tend to always go 'light' given the option. Just my preference.
Vhoux - Incarnate - Retired '10
Radical / Vhoux - Helm of Graush(PvP) - Empire
"Don't try to cover the sky with the palm of your hand"

Mankub
12.20.2011 , 11:11 AM | #6
The nice thing about being a Bounty Hunter is you aren't officially associated with the Empire, you just do some work for them here and there so you aren't expected to adopt their ideals or lifestyle. You can live to whatever standards you see fit and shouldn't feel obligated to appease the Empire any more than they are willing to pay you for.

I end up more dark though, but mostly because I don't generally like the targets I'm sent after. I have been known to let a few disappear off planet though if they aren't complete tools.
Moody Mercenary Bodyguard Lord Praven

Kraytdragon
12.20.2011 , 11:12 AM | #7
I'm letting the story dictate. So far alot of light and alot less dark. Then again this is the Sith empire where the difference between light and dark is deciding whether or not to shoot a puppy or just kick it in the ribs.
. <---- This is a period. Please feel free to cut and past it from here and use it in your posts.

Vedorian
12.20.2011 , 11:19 AM | #8
I am leveling with a rl friend and he is a BH also, he's going dark, i am going light so we get to see both sides of the story/options.

Jestunhi
12.20.2011 , 11:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VidarUlv View Post
I don't go for a side, I just pick what I feel fits natural for my character, or myself.
Me too.

My BH is a professional killer, not a madman.

He tends to take the targets in alive where possible (unless under specific orders) and doesn't see the need to kill everyone he pumps for info, etc (unless he feels they actually deserve it).

As such he seems to be drifting towards LS, but has well over 600 DS points dragging it down too.

Farming flashpoints has skewed the results towards LS though I think.

apewty
12.20.2011 , 11:53 AM | #10
I'm picking light. My inquisitor will be dark. Oddly enough, the game allows you to kill people for profit without any change (the entire class quest line). The only time you have to worry about light/dark is on specific dialogue options so I am custom tailoring that part for my own less than nefarious purposes.
Order requires strength.