Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

OrionSol
01.17.2013 , 11:50 PM | #11
Thanks for the support gang, let's hope they listen
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

zJulianz
01.18.2013 , 05:53 AM | #12
I must say the game could use a bit more guild functions /signed on on these suggestions and comepletely /agree with all of them
\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/
::::. ` __::__ ' .::::::
::::::-:.`'..`'.:-::::::::
::::::::\ `--' /::::::::::

Alavastre
01.18.2013 , 06:02 AM | #13
This is one topic, that I think BW has dropped the ball. From the beginning, Guild functions have been severely limited. I like your ideas, I've suggested a lot of them myself. And I think they are working on them, but probably took a back seat to other stuff. I do expect them to revisit Guilds by this year though.

As for a place to meet, there was a great recommendation a long time ago at the Guild Summit. Basically they asked if the areas that are cut off by class stories, could be reused as open areas. If that happens, it would be perfect for just the thing you're asking for, and they can reuse assets in game rather than creating everything from scratch.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

_Darkstar
01.18.2013 , 06:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
1. Inter/intra guild communication.
Can you create a private channel for everyone to join? No idea if this exists, but it is how we dealt with it in another game.
2. Guild War
So you would always seem PvP flagged against only members of the rival guild? That could work and would encourage world PvP in a more consentual manner.
3. Guild Projects/Halls
An instanced area on the fleet maybe.
4. Display Ranks
Agreed, though as you said only to guild members.
5. Raise the cap on membership
Not sure about this one, is every member of your guild active? Or is it full of alts? If it is alts I would prefer to cap the only count accounts rather than characters. But you can't really have 1500 different people all active can you?
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

_Darkstar
01.18.2013 , 06:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
I really liked the guild levels from WoW, and they were supposed to introduce guild talents that you could spend in, but for some reason they took it out.
Guild levels just led to people not wanting to join new guilds and led to people selling guilds for in game cash. I found the whole guild system in WoW souless because of this with the majority of guilds led by someone who bought it rather than who earned it. Everyone joined a level 25 guild for the bonus' and then looked for a new guild at cap.

The guild leadership forums were full of people who couldn't lead a dog on a walk nevermind a guild.

A guild should be a collection of likeminded people getting together to improve their play experience, not a bunch of people who get together because there is a reward for doing so.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

GenCasimir
01.18.2013 , 01:32 PM | #16
As a member of the JEDI ORDER of guilds, I agree completely with all the suggestions here. Particularly the instanced Guild Room / Housing / Ship / etc. I'd go further to suggest adding a Guild Calendar in game as well - but I don't want to get too far afield.

OrionSol
01.18.2013 , 06:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GenCasimir View Post
As a member of the JEDI ORDER of guilds, I agree completely with all the suggestions here. Particularly the instanced Guild Room / Housing / Ship / etc. I'd go further to suggest adding a Guild Calendar in game as well - but I don't want to get too far afield.
would be nice to have an in game calender of events for our guild, but we have the website.
Or-ion Sol

ziphii
01.18.2013 , 07:51 PM | #18
Just want to reply and say I concur. Make it so and all that.

OrionSol
01.19.2013 , 09:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Guild levels just led to people not wanting to join new guilds and led to people selling guilds for in game cash. I found the whole guild system in WoW souless because of this with the majority of guilds led by someone who bought it rather than who earned it. Everyone joined a level 25 guild for the bonus' and then looked for a new guild at cap.

The guild leadership forums were full of people who couldn't lead a dog on a walk nevermind a guild.

A guild should be a collection of likeminded people getting together to improve their play experience, not a bunch of people who get together because there is a reward for doing so.

ya, Im not for a system like that either, I was thinking along the lines more like bragging rights.
Or-ion Sol

Darka
01.19.2013 , 04:40 PM | #20
The ability to link a Cross faction guild together via chat
That would be great for all the guilds with double branches

Sadly for Bioware, they came out twice with two different people made a big fuss about guilds, then nothing was heard again.

At first everyone defended them with, its not needed, then it wasm they are doing other things first, then it was its coming soon, then nothing