Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

gaming issues


Darkkien's Avatar


Darkkien
01.18.2013 , 04:21 AM | #11
Its been happening for a while since i installed the game and usually i just ignore it, but its getting really annoying as it happens mostly in when I'm in a group for a flashpoint or heroic and rarely when I'm just solo

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 04:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkkien View Post
Its been happening for a while since i installed the game and usually i just ignore it, but its getting really annoying as it happens mostly in when I'm in a group for a flashpoint or heroic and rarely when I'm just solo
Turn off Bloom and see if that makes a difference, this fixes crashes in hyperspace animations for some as an example, but not others is a good question why, worth a try its just a tick box in the video settings.

Does your hard drive seem to be thrashing a lot at the time of crash ? have you considered trying readyboost ?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...res/readyboost

Darkkien's Avatar


Darkkien
01.18.2013 , 05:05 AM | #13
do you mean literally thrashing about becauee my hard drive has plenty of free space

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 05:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkkien View Post
do you mean literally thrashing about becauee my hard drive has plenty of free space
No going to pagefile on 4Gb System Ram

Page File: 2341MB used, 5847MB available

Darkkien's Avatar


Darkkien
01.18.2013 , 03:13 PM | #15
ok ill try the bloom thing and give that a try but im still nt sure about the readyboost

KashJedi's Avatar


KashJedi
01.18.2013 , 03:18 PM | #16
I have the same problem and it seems that my computer thinks swtor is a malware. Because " Antimalware executable" service crashed at around the same time as swtor did. I have no antivirus and my firewall is allowing swtor to run.

Im on windows 7 professional btw

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 03:41 PM | #17
Yes I have heard of malware programs causing an issue like that, add to the exception list is likely the answer.

launcher.exe and swtor.exe, your malware program should say which it has issues with.

KashJedi's Avatar


KashJedi
01.18.2013 , 03:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Yes I have heard of malware programs causing an issue like that, add to the exception list is likely the answer.

launcher.exe and swtor.exe, your malware program should say which it has issues with.
no you dont understand, i have no antimalware programs. It's a service being run by the system itself.

Microsoft malware protection command utility, or something like that.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 04:16 PM | #19
It is likely part of Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender, just add exceptions if you use these.

KashJedi's Avatar


KashJedi
01.18.2013 , 04:21 PM | #20
lol no, but i'm guessing it might be the bloom effect which i haven't yet disabled. Once i fix my swtor and repair all the files i shall try