Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
02.07.2013 , 10:03 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
you're steering the discussion in a different direction.

i've never said Merc is the only class with issues. i'm debating the fact that Mercs DPS is VERY substandard compared to its mirror. and that range has MINIMAL impact in PvE, as it is a dance, and you can learn the moves. hence the MP VG parse...an almost 80% ranged fight, with LOS...VG vs sniper...i've recorded the highest parse ever submitted. evidence...

the majority of scripts involve moving, and mercs relying on casting severely hinders their DPS in both PvE and PvP realms.

DPS is not fine. mercs are not fine. nor are others...my discussion and argument is with mercs. that is who i am representing.

and you have not acknowledged, or responed to, a single item we were discussing previously.

you said Mercs are fine because they have range vs. VG's 10m limitations...yet, you just debunked that by acknowledging marauders and such parse higher...what are you talkiing about? remember the "closing the gap"? i do. you better get back to engineering, as debating and proving supporting evidence is not your strong suit.

and it was BW that claimed all DPS specs should be ~5%...so, YES they should be within 5%...um, cuz they effing said so!
I didn't debunk anything I said. Marauders have 4m range (I.e. 6m less than PTs and have damage adjusted accordingly...again range changes and damage changes).

Also, mercs may not be "optimal" but optimal doesn't happen...ever. There will always be someone snivelling about their class getting dumped on or neglected.

If mercs are so broken...how is it that the mercs and commandos in my guild can pull their weight in progression operations...yet you claim that's impossible? Sometimes you have to look in the mirror man. Commandos are no better off than mercs either...in fact...mercs regen more energy and attacks cost less. The system of 1/12ths means troopers are off by .25 per attack. Their regen is also off because of this! So you can attack more times for the same amount of energy than they can. It's been proven. Stop complaining.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
02.07.2013 , 11:39 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
I didn't debunk anything I said. Marauders have 4m range (I.e. 6m less than PTs and have damage adjusted accordingly...again range changes and damage changes).

Also, mercs may not be "optimal" but optimal doesn't happen...ever. There will always be someone snivelling about their class getting dumped on or neglected.

If mercs are so broken...how is it that the mercs and commandos in my guild can pull their weight in progression operations...yet you claim that's impossible? Sometimes you have to look in the mirror man. Commandos are no better off than mercs either...in fact...mercs regen more energy and attacks cost less. The system of 1/12ths means troopers are off by .25 per attack. Their regen is also off because of this! So you can attack more times for the same amount of energy than they can. It's been proven. Stop complaining.
you are terrible at debating, plain and simple. i NEVER said Mercs/Commands can't pull their weight in OPs...NEVER...quote my post, please.

if you truly think Merc/commando is fine, you are a dolt.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548897

now, i don't expect you to read through the 100+ pages of insight and information, PROVING how gimped mercs are, compared to other classes. i don't expect you to even know of the post similar to this that reached 60+ pages.

why? because you're talking out your arse.

i've shown you PROOF...i've provided evidence, parses, and in-game examples and experience.

all you've done is claim you're an engineer (which i'm starting to believe, because most of the engineers i deal with in electronics, have no social or logical thinking outside their expertise, which is the only thing you have proved).

you have brought NOTHING in terms of backing up your debate with hard evidence.

explain to me the leaderboards on torparse...explain to me this (ripped from another post):

further evidence:

Merc/Commando performances. from torparse.com

HM KP:
BT- 2 top 50
J&S- 1 top 50
Foreman- 4 top 50
Fabricator- 5 top 50 (and i was told that fight don't count)
Karaaga- 4 top 50

EV HM:
XRR- 4 top 50
Gharg- 3 top 50
SOA- 9 top 50 (look at shadows/sins!!)

EC HM:
Z&T- 4 top 50
F&S- 1 top 50
Vorath- 4 top 50
Keph- 12 top 50 (hmmm)

TFB HM:
WH- 4 top 50
CHK- 1 top 50
Op9- 10 top 50 (and i know why)
Keph- 0 (ZERO) top 50
TFB- 2 top 50


Merc is being outperformed, MASSIVELY!! hold their own, sure...outperformed, TOTALLY.

deny that, and you're a fool...

or, PROVIDE EVIDENCE to support your side of the debate.

*EDIT* get your mercs and commandos in your guild (LOL, my guild CAN'T have both Merc and Commando, but you're "special") to come in here and tell me how "fine" their DPS is...how fine it is compared to snipers, marauders, sentinels...how they are within the +/- 5% DPS BW claims they are, or should be. i'd love to read it...oh, and ask them to provide evidence, too...please...parses, numbers, SOLID evidence...not opinion and hearsay.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
02.07.2013 , 05:46 PM | #123
First...my guild has a pub and imperial branch as well as several other games...so differentiating is not something I normally have to address.

Second...who doesn't want to burn down mobs faster? Nobody...ask the guy parsing 2288 on his annihilation marauder if he thinks it's enough...I bet he says no.

It's ok...you are just not happy with MORE than adequate...you want BEST...mercs weren't designed for that. You want a heavy armor wearing more mobile sniper without cover. I get it...guess what though? IT DOES NOT EXIST! What you see is what you get!

If you concede they are adequate...what else could you ask for? Some pvp fixes? Ok...fine...but you're not on about pvp...you want a tankmage. You can't have it....now what?
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
02.07.2013 , 10:24 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
First...my guild has a pub and imperial branch as well as several other games...so differentiating is not something I normally have to address.

Second...who doesn't want to burn down mobs faster? Nobody...ask the guy parsing 2288 on his annihilation marauder if he thinks it's enough...I bet he says no.

It's ok...you are just not happy with MORE than adequate...you want BEST...mercs weren't designed for that. You want a heavy armor wearing more mobile sniper without cover. I get it...guess what though? IT DOES NOT EXIST! What you see is what you get!

If you concede they are adequate...what else could you ask for? Some pvp fixes? Ok...fine...but you're not on about pvp...you want a tankmage. You can't have it....now what?
First off have you even played a merc in PVP recently? If not play one the come back and tell us what you think

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
02.08.2013 , 03:42 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
First off have you even played a merc in PVP recently? If not play one the come back and tell us what you think
he's lost, dude....he says Merc DPS is "fine"...

yet, i've proven, through thorough evidence, otherwise. and his comeback is, "i want this, i want that", which i never said. he never disproves anything i say with facts or evidence, just hearsay and opinion.

all i'm asking for, and trying to prove, is Merc DPS is HIGHLY underperforming versus other classes. and i'm not saying other classes are not in the same boat...

also, i've never even asked for any nerfs...

just proving that Merc would benefit in PvP and PvE scenarios if they weren't so easily interrupted and able to cast on the run or instantly...all PvE parses PROVE this, and PvP...well, there's over 160+ pages of evidence and complaints...i don't even need to justify that!!

it is BW, not me, that stated all DPS classes would be +/- 5% within on DPS...and i've proven otherwise.

yet, i still cannot get a legit response or argument explaining why this is.

you ask ANY Merc that has played PT (or pub equiv.) and they will agree...if they disagree, then they can prove me wrong through performance...i.e. parses.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

DarkSaberMaster's Avatar


DarkSaberMaster
02.08.2013 , 04:02 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
his (_o_).
Lol..
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

Mega_Fallos's Avatar


Mega_Fallos
02.08.2013 , 04:14 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
Where did you get this Information from?
From duel events on Fatman, Tomb of freedom nadd.

Mega_Fallos's Avatar


Mega_Fallos
02.08.2013 , 04:17 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
his (_o_).
Somebody played with your. 100% info.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
02.08.2013 , 02:16 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Mega_Fallos View Post
Somebody played with your. 100% info.
opinions and hearsay are not admissable evidence in this discussion.

REAL numbers, REAL facts, REAL evidence...

if you have none, then you have nothing else to contribute other than opinion.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
02.08.2013 , 03:59 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post



Merc/Commando performances. from torparse.com

HM KP:
BT- 2 top 50
J&S- 1 top 50
Foreman- 4 top 50
Fabricator- 5 top 50 (and i was told that fight don't count)
Karaaga- 4 top 50

EV HM:
XRR- 4 top 50
Gharg- 3 top 50
SOA- 9 top 50 (look at shadows/sins!!)

EC HM:
Z&T- 4 top 50
F&S- 1 top 50
Vorath- 4 top 50
Keph- 12 top 50 (hmmm)

TFB HM:
WH- 4 top 50
CHK- 1 top 50
Op9- 10 top 50 (and i know why)
Keph- 0 (ZERO) top 50
TFB- 2 top 50


Merc is being outperformed, MASSIVELY!! hold their own, sure...outperformed, TOTALLY.

deny that, and you're a fool...

[/color]
Well said, the players and the guilds knows the truth even if the devs doesnt.