Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Genuine's Avatar


Genuine
01.18.2013 , 08:05 PM | #71
Not all of llum is PvP in know the mane area is not in less this is changing in 1.7 as for that i remember the days of getting the white boxes and blowing the walkers up and the republic and empire side worked together to do the weekly and daily's lol
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.18.2013 , 08:28 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Weaksauce View Post
Haha, the lovely combination of rocket science and brain surgery metaphores into something that makes no sense at all.
*falls over laughing*
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L58 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

JWinkler's Avatar


JWinkler
01.18.2013 , 08:40 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
...Also I don't think you have to kill a single mob unless you want to, so I don't see your point.
This is so true! Excellent point! If one wanted to ONLY do PvP, there are ways that they can do so without ever engaging a single mob (well, once they reach level 10 anyway). By the same token, if you absolutely do not want to engage in PvP, you can simply not go to Ilum. It is entirely your decision!

Personally, the absolute most fun I ever had in this game was on Ilum, when large groups would contest the middle section of the PvP area. Of course, that also accounts for the most boring times too... Who remembers running around in circle on your speeder racing your compatriots for armaments, hoping beyond hope that some brave (and stupid) soul from the opposing faction would turn up so you could get a kill?

JWinkler's Avatar


JWinkler
01.18.2013 , 08:48 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Well, there's your problem. Who says it's "PVE content"? If something is set in the PVP area of Ilum, then it's not "PVE content". Apparently, people think any event where there are rewards is automatically PVE content. That's not the case.
This, a thousand times this!

I actually felt the same way about HK-51. You don't NEED HK-51 at all, your existing companions can do a perfectly adequate job. If people were so adamant that there should be no PvP element, no one was FORCING them to enter Outlaw's Den. The way I see it, HK was a reward for players who embrace the entirety of the game. Update 1.7 looks to be along the same lines, and I personally am looking forward to it!

mothear's Avatar


mothear
01.18.2013 , 09:19 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
Im not freaking out about Ilum.. quite frankly I despise PvP, lucklily enough Ilum is the easiest planet to do dailies... If however the new stuff in 1.7(that rating system) requires PvP participation then ill just stick to the dailies and not bother
This guy gets it

Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Well, there's your problem. Who says it's "PVE content"? If something is set in the PVP area of Ilum, then it's not "PVE content". Apparently, people think any event where there are rewards is automatically PVE content. That's not the case.
This guy gets it

Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
I want to do my dailies in peace, not get ganked by 4 Reps camping out on the road. I chose an RP Server for a reason, if I want to PvP then I'd switch on my PvP Flag.
This guy doesn't get it

ZORG's Avatar


ZORG
01.18.2013 , 09:49 PM | #76
What the PVPrs don't seem to get is this.

There is a reason there are PVP servers and PVE servers.

Most NOT ALL but most PVErs despise the pvp scene.
There should be NO requirement in ANY quest on a PVE server to PVP at all what so ever.
When you play on a PVP server you accept the fact that PVP is the sole purpose of the server and expect PVP.

Bioware should recognize this and provide ways for those who desire PVP to move to a PVP server.
Bioware should only let the part time pvpers to attain pvp goals through warzones and such on a PVE server.
There should ALSO be PVP gear you can only get on a PVP server. After of course they provide a way for people to transfer to a PVP server.

Conversely there should be PVE gear you can ONLY get on a PVE server.
I am not saying STAT WISE these sets are BIS just a way to have some exclusivity between the 2 communities.
If there are Really kewl PVP gear sets only on the PVP servers then people will move or have toons on both.

I don't think there should be a mix of the two. PVP on a PVE server should be WARZONES only. or by CHOICE if you CHOOSE to flag yourself.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
01.18.2013 , 09:59 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!
This. 1000x this. Why have pve servers if you're going to force people to pvp. What part of that do these game devs not get? It's not rigth to torture a pve player with a group of nasty gankers who stand between you and an objective to the point you're so frustrated you're ready to cancel your sub. It's annoying.
Bioware! Make Lord Scourge MATTER in KOTET!
The Foundation of All Desire
Spy Vs. Spy
Marr

mothear's Avatar


mothear
01.18.2013 , 10:42 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
This. 1000x this. Why have pve servers if you're going to force people to pvp. What part of that do these game devs not get? It's not rigth to torture a pve player with a group of nasty gankers who stand between you and an objective to the point you're so frustrated you're ready to cancel your sub. It's annoying.
You may as well say why introduce the western half of Ilum on a PVE server then, let me guess you would then complain that PvP servers have more content, yes? What you are actually saying is no PvP in SWTOR outside of warzones which appears a tad radical to me.

How can you not get it Ops/FPs are for PVE players whilst WZ and west Ilum are for PvP players. If an event is in either of those areas then it is provided in the main for that part of the community. Will the event be partly in the East, partly in the West of Ilum? Who knows, certainly not me.

By the way I hardly ever PvP, and haven't in this game although I have 5 50's (although I have done in other games)

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.19.2013 , 08:51 AM | #79
Somehow this mutated from "please stop with the put one objective in an autoflagged PvP area and one objective in a HM FP because it is unfair to PvP and PvE peoples" to "PvE master race is subjugating us poor PvP folks, rise up and revolt".

Let me go ahead and put down my bet for "event ends up having nothing to do at all with actual PvP and is merely another excuse to try to 'introduce' people to other play styles, which will end up with a lot of PvP people being forced into a HM and screamed at for being in PvP gear and a lot of PvE'rs in greens and zero situational awareness wandering blithely into the Western Shelf and being massacred by a handful of ganking trolls."

I think it's very indicative that the PvP community feels so kicked around that they're hypersensitive about this, hoping against hope BW will actually give them something this time.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L58 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

jersyiii's Avatar


jersyiii
01.19.2013 , 09:05 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
What the PVPrs don't seem to get is this.

There is a reason there are PVP servers and PVE servers.

Most NOT ALL but most PVErs despise the pvp scene.
There should be NO requirement in ANY quest on a PVE server to PVP at all what so ever.
When you play on a PVP server you accept the fact that PVP is the sole purpose of the server and expect PVP.

Bioware should recognize this and provide ways for those who desire PVP to move to a PVP server.
Bioware should only let the part time pvpers to attain pvp goals through warzones and such on a PVE server.
There should ALSO be PVP gear you can only get on a PVP server. After of course they provide a way for people to transfer to a PVP server.

Conversely there should be PVE gear you can ONLY get on a PVE server.
I am not saying STAT WISE these sets are BIS just a way to have some exclusivity between the 2 communities.
If there are Really kewl PVP gear sets only on the PVP servers then people will move or have toons on both.

I don't think there should be a mix of the two. PVP on a PVE server should be WARZONES only. or by CHOICE if you CHOOSE to flag yourself.
so, then don't do the event in stead of crying bout it?
do u hear pvp ppl crying when they made pve events?
pve ppl are not the sole ppl playing this game, now a pvp event is made in illum ... if u dont wanna do it, then don't do it ... just cut the whining about it