Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

drfirewater
01.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
I am PvE only player and I would have no problems if this event was indeed PvP only. During the PvE events, PvPers were forced to either do PvE for a bit or pass any rewards. This time, if I'd have to pass the rewards (ain't no way to make me PvP), I will have no problems doing so. Can't please everybody.

Have fun beating each other! Go Republic!
I do have an issue if legacy lightsabers are not obtainable any way but through PVP ...... if there is a major element that is PVP focused it will just turn into kill trading anyway ... its what killed illum in the first place....

also I'm i not remembering correctly ... didnt damen and erik already state that they where doign something completely new with illum and it wouldnt have the pvp aspect anymore.... god i wish i could remember then quote or what video it was stated in.
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.

Ditboo
01.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #32
Seems pre-mature to cry fire, not enough info.

skiibyrd
01.17.2013 , 12:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
I agree the fleets were a bad idea. They really did water this game down with the fleets and the removal of the ability to lose companions.
I completely forgot about that you could have companions die in beta lol

oslek
01.17.2013 , 12:47 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by drfirewater View Post
it dierectly says NEW CONTENT ... which infers that it is a NEW area developed for the sake of NEW CONTENT which will also host the event.

AND where in that entire post does it say CONTESTED AREA?
That's not my quote, that's the companies quote. Right from this link ...

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

BadOrb
01.17.2013 , 12:52 PM | #35
I have been playing much longer then you bud fist off .... recruit gear is not free it costs you 350k in creds because you have to choose between 350k or recruit gear and if you hate PVP you are not taking the gear. ... Illum is not a pvp planet its got more pve then pvp on it and pvp has been dead on illum since they stopped kill trading for valor.
Just thought i would mention that they took out the token from the game , so you now don't have the option to take the money and run. I would have taken the money on a few characters myself. Mind you now you can take your 99 tionese crystals and then use some of the pvp recruit gear to make up your wrist and belt armor , until you get better or as someone else pointed out for your NPC.

I'm going to use the wait and see approach and if need be I will sprint through the PVP area to get to w/e it is I'm trying to get too , if that makes sense. Mind you if the rewards are PVP rewards then I might skip it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Hyfy
01.17.2013 , 12:53 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by dakisback View Post
Do you even play the game? Recruit gear is free. Also Ilum is a PVP planet so I guarantee this will contain PVP. If you don't like it don't participate.

And your Majority/Minority comment is completely wrong. They cater to the PVE crowd a majority of the time. What is wrong with 1 PVP event on the PVP planet?

I dont know that i would classify Ilum neccesarily as a PvP planet. I dont think its any different than Tattooine, a planet that has a PvP area.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Aries_cz
01.17.2013 , 12:56 PM | #37
What I am wondering about is where the information about the event being PvE-only came from? Or do people really believe that BW cannot make PvPvE?
The same goes to the Reputation system, people freaking out it will be only attainable through PvP

And, what is more important, nobody knows anything about it, except a brief concept text and few pictures. However, the extremely complex and catastrophic scenarios are abundant
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

MillionsKNives
01.17.2013 , 12:59 PM | #38
but it would be if an event was PVP centric ... and technically PVP is forced on PVE players allt more then PVE is forced on PVP players ... if you really want to get dimes and nickles about it
By that logic, the first 2 events was forcing PVE on PVP players, if a PVP event is forcing PVP on PVE players.

And I would really love to hear your reasoning of how PVP is forced on PVE players more than PVE is for PVP, when you can play the entire game without ever doing any PVP, but it is not true the other way around.

cycao
01.17.2013 , 01:00 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I dont know that i would classify Ilum neccesarily as a PvP planet. I dont think its any different than Tattooine, a planet that has a PvP area.
Well this might be true now. It was a PvP planet back when you had a weekly and daily in which you had to kill players but that turned into a big mess eventually.

To the topic. I really could care less about PvE. My guild has more PvE players and I have filled raid spots when they were short and aside from doing the dailies in the black hole I just PvP. I can see how a PvE player might get discouraged from going to a zone that will flag you for PvP when you are rolling with 0 expertise and have limited knowledge on fighting other players. Honestly the information that has been leaked on 1.7 is very, very limited and don't think anyone should be jumping to conclusions.

Also about the "I don't want to have to partake in PvP to do something that is PvE". While I can somewhat agree with you I see some complaints about acquiring HK and needing to go to outlaws den, getting "forced" to PvP. If a PvP player wants this droid they will need to do more PvE then I'm sure most would like so its kind of a double standard imo.

drfirewater
01.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
That's not my quote, that's the companies quote. Right from this link ...

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates
1) thank you for the link ... did you check out mine? http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130115

2) still contested area lilke i said does not mean PVP.
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.