Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Goretzu
02.04.2013 , 05:09 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Why does the event HAVE to be only PvP or only PvE, can it not be made to accommodate both play styles? if BE was dropping events on us like they add stuff to the cartel market, then maybe they could be split up, but if they keep to the trend from last year, which was mostly supported by subscriptions and had only 2 events, I don't see an abundance of them on the horizon, which is why EVERYONE is up in arms.

We don't know enough about what is going to happen, everyone is jumping to conclusions about what its going to entail. We should be looking for ways to make sure everyone can enjoy the event. It's what they should be for.

^.^

It's supposedly the RvR relaunch which makes it PvP really.

Having said that the other events (Rak and scavenger hunt) were PvP........... on a PvP server.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

LanceCorporalDan
02.05.2013 , 08:45 AM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

It's supposedly the RvR relaunch which makes it PvP really.

Having said that the other events (Rak and scavenger hunt) were PvP........... on a PvP server.
This^ Yeah if you people complaining about the event can't wrap your head around this... I'm astonished how you can complete a story mode Op
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

JediMB
02.05.2013 , 09:01 AM | #303
If BioWare want to encourage more "organic" PvP in contested areas, as State of the Game #2 outright states, they really need to scrap the Expertise system and work on maximizing PvE and PvP gear compatibility.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Goretzu
02.05.2013 , 10:43 AM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
If BioWare want to encourage more "organic" PvP in contested areas, as State of the Game #2 outright states, they really need to scrap the Expertise system and work on maximizing PvE and PvP gear compatibility.
WAR did it, but that's one of the few level based games I've seen do it, but then WARs endgame was RvR, not dragon raiding PvE, unlike SWTOR.

I can't see how SWTOR can exist without a PvP stat anymore than WoW could.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Prysha
02.12.2013 , 10:08 PM | #305
Oh hey guys do you remember when i said it will be grief ?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5848812

there you go ...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

ticklefist
02.12.2013 , 10:18 PM | #306
Definitely not a strong patch. These new sticks need better carrots.

ScarletBlaze
02.12.2013 , 10:31 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
The message is, you are all big chickens. Afraid you might die once or twice going to the VENDOR at a STATIC LOCATION inside the Outlaw's Den. It takes all of three minutes, and believe me, if you get killed, it won't ruin your character or your life. Life will go on.

People who worry about something as simple as making an outlaw den run...I wonder if these are the same people who are afriad to leave their houses at night?
This is why a lot of people don't pvp is because of attitudes like this. You do understand that people have different interests, I hope, and that pvp is just one aspect of the game. Some just want to pve. Some like to roleplay and some like to pvp and then you have some that like to do all it.

But calling someone a chicken is a little rude and uncalled for. Just because someone doesn't like to pvp doesn't give you the right to call them names.

I have no problems if this event is for pvprs. From my reading there are ways to avoid it if you wish. What I do have a problem with is people calling other people names just because they don't like something.

Everyone needs to learn to show each other a little courtesy and learn people have different styles of play and each set of players should have fun their way without the name calling and attitudes.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

wainot-keel
02.12.2013 , 11:03 PM | #308
The message is, you are all big chickens. Afraid you might die once or twice going to the VENDOR at a STATIC LOCATION inside the Outlaw's Den. It takes all of three minutes, and believe me, if you get killed, it won't ruin your character or your life. Life will go on.

People who worry about something as simple as making an outlaw den run...I wonder if these are the same people who are afriad to leave their houses at night?
Wait, do you actually believe you're all tough and ssstuff because you PvP ? Seriously ? omg, roflmao

Prysha
02.12.2013 , 11:30 PM | #309
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
This is why a lot of people don't pvp is because of attitudes like this. You do understand that people have different interests, I hope, and that pvp is just one aspect of the game. Some just want to pve. Some like to roleplay and some like to pvp and then you have some that like to do all it.

But calling someone a chicken is a little rude and uncalled for. Just because someone doesn't like to pvp doesn't give you the right to call them names.

I have no problems if this event is for pvprs. From my reading there are ways to avoid it if you wish. What I do have a problem with is people calling other people names just because they don't like something.

Everyone needs to learn to show each other a little courtesy and learn people have different styles of play and each set of players should have fun their way without the name calling and attitudes.
This is Islander, look at his other posts... he tends to call people names or put them into categories just because he dont shares their points of views...

actually i want to see him ( ingame ) getting fragged by his own faction.. then i wanna ask him if he enjoys....

The problem's theirs then, if they are too lazy/busy/in before excuses to earn credits by one means or another.

Like I said, the classic entitlement malaise that has infected this nation over the past 20 years. It's embarrassing.

People aren't subscribing to play their specific way. They are paying for improved access and features. There once was an era where every little thing in MMOs wasn't spoon fed to you when one cried like a baby at every inconvenience. It was a good time. F2P and the proliferation of countless MMOs have not only dilluted the product overall but also diluted the behavior of its player base.

it's just sad. Go earn credits, in the time it took the OP to post, (s)he could've easily earned 15--20k credits.
The OP's guild name is all too fitting for this thread, in my view.
oh yes.. and people already have declared him being an "obvious troll" oO
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

crunchbarry
02.12.2013 , 11:49 PM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!
that side of ilum is meant to be the open world pvp zone.