Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:31 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
You don't need to type in a different language. It would still translate as

WAH!!!!! WAAH!!! WAAAHH!!!!!

If you don't want to get yourself killed by Max-Geared players then you don't get the PvE items from Illum1.7 . It's as simple as that.
YouIre a complete banthas backside...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
02.02.2013 , 11:31 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
It may be on the Western Shelf, but that doesn't mean it's a PvP event. It's also coming in with the reputation system, which is generally geared toward PvE'rs. The reputation system pictures I have seen includes the Gree and Voss.

With the HK event, I waited weeks until the rush was over to go to the Outlaw's Den to get what I needed. HK is an on-going quest with no end time. This Gree event will have a hard end-time meaning, if there is PvE content in the PvP area, I'll have to skip this event. This bothers me, because I enjoy PvE content and have long since stopped going into warzones. I've had players try to initiate open world fighting by jumping into my mobs and hoping I click on their companion or my companion attacks. It is really, really annoying when I'm trying to complete my PvE quests. If I wanted to PvP, I would flag myself.

In short, with the information at hand, it's hard to know with one-hundred percent certainty that is PvE content in a PvP area or a purely PvP event. If this is purely a PvP event, then I can skip it quite happily. If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.
Indeed it's a PvP reputation, although the other reputations are likely to be more PvE, but they Ilum bit is PvP (it is PvP to PvE effectively, but that is still what it is).

It' seems similar to what WoW has, which isn't really what most PvPers want from "RvR" (rather something more like WAR or DAoC), but it's still PvP.

What you're asking for is like going into the Monsterplay zone in LOTRO and then saying you don't want to PvP.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

mothear's Avatar


mothear
02.02.2013 , 11:33 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
THIS!!!

Thank you.
and you will be no more of a loss to your server than I was when I chose not to participate in the Rakgoul event.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:36 AM | #204
well i give up this... i wil just enjoy the rant of a majority of players who will be pssed of the fact that they cant get the new PvE gear only because there are some idiots who kill them all the time with their overgear....

im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

irishfino's Avatar


irishfino
02.02.2013 , 11:37 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
What you're asking for is like going into the Monsterplay zone in LOTRO and then saying you don't want to PvP.
I have no idea what your LOTRO example is, I simply don't want to go into a PvP area to get PvE rewards. I don't like PvP outside of warzones and, even then, I don't go into warzones anymore. Haven't for months and have absolutely no desire to.

Again, if it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I'll skip it, but I will not be happy about it.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

oslek's Avatar


oslek
02.02.2013 , 11:39 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
well i give up this... i wil just enjoy the rant of a majority of players who will be pssed of the fact that they cant get the new PvE gear only because there are some idiots who kill them all the time with their overgear....

im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye
No worries. As soon as I get home I'll log in and enjoy some challenging content with my Bounty Hunter. Enjoy your easy carebear gameplay.

oslek's Avatar


oslek
02.02.2013 , 11:41 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
YouIre a complete banthas backside...
And you're a baby banthas backside.

well's Avatar


well
02.02.2013 , 11:44 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Yes there are currently dailies in Ilum, except of course that is not in the auto flag area so your point is moot.

Just because people are calling click quests PVE doesn't make them so. If they are in an auto flag area in my opinion these are PvP quests, and this is said by someone who doesn't PvP in this game and rarely goes to Ilum.
Wow missed it huh.Someone said Ilum was a PVP planet it isn't.You might want to try reading the whole thing.There are other planets when you go in a certain area you can be flagged.I never said anything about quest being in PVP areas.I was talking about quest in the PVE portion of the planet.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:59 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
No worries. As soon as I get home I'll log in and enjoy some challenging content with my Bounty Hunter. Enjoy your easy carebear gameplay.
wow you're degrading PvE players by saying this... PvE is the focus of this game but whatever...

maybe someoen back in your life has hitten u to much often .. or u where an outcast at school and thats why u wanna take use killing lowbies as compansation for your miserable life in the past..lol.
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

oslek's Avatar


oslek
02.02.2013 , 12:07 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
wow you're degrading PvE players by saying this... PvE is the focus of this game but whatever...

maybe someoen back in your life has hitten u to much often .. or u where an outcast at school and thats why u wanna take use killing lowbies as compansation for your miserable life in the past..lol.
Hmm.. what happened to "well i give up this... im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye?" Did you forget how to log on after all that time spent crying about forced PVP?