Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:14 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
You ALREADY have PVP on a PVE server. Just because you are on a PVE server doesn't mean there won't be PVP on it.

Far as your not care statement, your are playing an MMORPG, which means you have to deal with other players who don't play the same as you. Just because you don't like PVP doesn't mean others on your server don't. Stop being so selfish.
You are totally making this look like you want it to look.. but you're wrong.
Actually on Red Eclipse you can PvP through Warzones or by flagging yourself for PvP...secondary is not rewarding you with anything at all..

ALSO warzones are not needed to get the storyline or to get PvE GEAR.
There is outpost DEN but it is not needed for PvE Gear.

__________________________________
As i read here.. ILLUM 1.7 will reward PvE items .. but you need PvP/risk PvP.
==================================
Summary: Illum1.7 forces you to PvP ( get killed by Overgeareds ) in order to get PvE gear.
....


Its not me who is selfish.. its the PvP community here who is selfish.. they tell us PvEers to deal with it...
... if they add this... they should atleast make this gear available for PvEers through NPC killing. ( without being attacked by moro... erm... Overgeared Players.... )

otherwise it just unfair and only the Overgeared Player wil own everything and we lowbies / PvEers will never see the new things on our own characters...


tell me why you dont get my/our point ?

(( but i think you are just trolling because this cant be your honest..lol ))

Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
Oh for goodness sakes stop it. You have an entire expansion coming out with an entire planet that is PVE only. Just stop because you're starting to sound like a spoiled child that threatens to take his ball and go home because he isn't getting what he wants all the time.
What are u trying here?

All WE ( yes me and others ) said here is that we dont want to be forced to PvP only in order to get PvE items from illum 1.7...

is this hard to understand? maybe i type it in different language?
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

well's Avatar


well
02.02.2013 , 11:17 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by dakisback View Post
Do you even play the game? Recruit gear is free. Also Ilum is a PVP planet so I guarantee this will contain PVP. If you don't like it don't participate.

And your Majority/Minority comment is completely wrong. They cater to the PVE crowd a majority of the time. What is wrong with 1 PVP event on the PVP planet?

No it isn't.Their are dailies and quest and they have nothing to do with PVP.Tatooine has Outlaw Den.Ilum is the same.There is a area.

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
02.02.2013 , 11:20 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
Oh for goodness sakes stop it. You have an entire expansion coming out with an entire planet that is PVE only. Just stop because you're starting to sound like a spoiled child that threatens to take his ball and go home because he isn't getting what he wants all the time.
This.

We have five(5) warzones played to death already and empty Illum pvp zone. BioWare is finally throwing a bone for PvP players. Stop being so selfish and try to get into our shoes for once.

mothear's Avatar


mothear
02.02.2013 , 11:22 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by well View Post
No it isn't.Their are dailies and quest and they have nothing to do with PVP.Tatooine has Outlaw Den.Ilum is the same.There is a area.
Yes there are currently dailies in Ilum, except of course that is not in the auto flag area so your point is moot.

Just because people are calling click quests PVE doesn't make them so. If they are in an auto flag area in my opinion these are PvP quests, and this is said by someone who doesn't PvP in this game and rarely goes to Ilum.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:26 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
This.

We have five(5) warzones played to death already and empty Illum pvp zone. BioWare is finally throwing a bone for PvP players. Stop being so selfish and try to get into our shoes for once.
Dude i never said they shouldnt release illum 1.7 =)


All WE ( yes me and others ) said here is that we dont want to be forced to PvP only in order to get PvE items from illum 1.7...
is this hard to understand? maybe i type it in different language?
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

irishfino's Avatar


irishfino
02.02.2013 , 11:26 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
This.

It is a PvP event (supposedly an RvR of sorts relauch).


Why on earth would they have a non-PvP PvP event?
It may be on the Western Shelf, but that doesn't mean it's a PvP event. It's also coming in with the reputation system, which is generally geared toward PvE'rs. The reputation system pictures I have seen includes the Gree and Voss.

With the HK event, I waited weeks until the rush was over to go to the Outlaw's Den to get what I needed. HK is an on-going quest with no end time. This Gree event will have a hard end-time meaning, if there is PvE content in the PvP area, I'll have to skip this event. This bothers me, because I enjoy PvE content and have long since stopped going into warzones. I've had players try to initiate open world fighting by jumping into my mobs and hoping I click on their companion or my companion attacks. It is really, really annoying when I'm trying to complete my PvE quests. If I wanted to PvP, I would flag myself.

In short, with the information at hand, it's hard to know with one-hundred percent certainty that is PvE content in a PvP area or a purely PvP event. If this is purely a PvP event, then I can skip it quite happily. If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

mothear's Avatar


mothear
02.02.2013 , 11:27 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Dude i never said they shouldnt release illum 1.7 =)


All WE ( yes me and others ) said here is that we dont want to be forced to PvP only in order to get PvE items from illum 1.7...
is this hard to understand? maybe i type it in different language?
Then stick to the eastern side.

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
02.02.2013 , 11:27 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Dude i never said they shouldnt release illum 1.7 =)


All WE ( yes me and others ) said here is that we dont want to be forced to PvP only in order to get PvE items from illum 1.7...
is this hard to understand? maybe i type it in different language?
Ironic that you can't understand simple facts too: "You aren't forced to do anything." also "PvP events require PvP".

oslek's Avatar


oslek
02.02.2013 , 11:28 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post

What are u trying here?

All WE ( yes me and others ) said here is that we dont want to be forced to PvP only in order to get PvE items from illum 1.7...

is this hard to understand? maybe i type it in different language?
You don't need to type in a different language. It would still translate as

WAH!!!!! WAAH!!! WAAAHH!!!!!

If you don't participate then you don't get the items. It's as simple as that.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.02.2013 , 11:29 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.
THIS!!!

Thank you.
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!