Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Roshe
01.31.2013 , 10:32 AM | #111
I don't understand why there's such an outcry. (Let me explain that I pve and do not pvp).

We've had a couple game events now that were pve in nature. Now, we're getting an event that has pvp in it and everyone is up in arms. On top of that, the pvp'ers are complaining that they had to pve to do the earlier events so it's only fair that pve'ers have to pvp this time.

Well, nobody forced anybody to do any of the previous events. You pvp'ers didn't have a gun to your head. If you didn't want to pve, you didn't have to. However, if you wanted to take part in those events, you sucked it up and did it.

Now, the shoe's on the other foot. Nobody will force anyone to do these events if they don't want to. If you don't like pvp, don't do it, but if you want to reap the rewards of this event, then you're going to have to do it. It's only fair.

I may not like it either, but if I want to participate in it, then I understand that I'm just going to have to group up and do it and hope my group is better than their group. If I decide it's not worth it, then I'll stop and I won't worry about it.

Why all the fuss? Seems pretty simple to me.

Thundergulch
01.31.2013 , 10:44 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Miggzy View Post
Other points are pvp is way more popular then op's/FP's so its not the minority at all in anything.
Proof?
Just because your server may have a stronger pvp base (guessing) it doesn't mean that pvp is more popular lol.

Danbuterx
01.31.2013 , 10:55 AM | #113
I LIKE PvP. I don't like open world PvP where, just as I'm fighting some nasty mob, an idiot runs by and zaps me so I die. Or, if the world is going to be open world PvP, have there be NO aggro mobs, at all.

LanceCorporalDan
01.31.2013 , 11:11 AM | #114
I know that I only speak for myself.

But I love pvp and especially open world pvp, in my opinion that is pvp at it's truest form, not this wz bs... Now if only I would be able to get comms from kills/pvp pve related quests in these areas I would be estactic. But I really don't see any problem here. You don't like the Ilum update? Don't go there. Just as if I don't like a new operation (I like them all but if I didn't) then I won't do it. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

New content = new mechanics.... makes sense?
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Alavastre
01.31.2013 , 11:13 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbuterx View Post
I LIKE PvP. I don't like open world PvP where, just as I'm fighting some nasty mob, an idiot runs by and zaps me so I die. Or, if the world is going to be open world PvP, have there be NO aggro mobs, at all.
Don't go to Ilum. All better.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Thundergulch
01.31.2013 , 11:14 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Don't go to Ilum. All better.
/facepalm

Rubytyr
01.31.2013 , 11:40 AM | #117
The tears, they feed me!!!

But seriously, why cry about pvp zone issues if you roll a character on a pvp server? seriously you knew what you were getting into when you made that character. if people want to quest in peace etc, roll on a pve and be done with it. that way you still have access to warzones, but can safely quest in peace~ otherwise, you msut WANT to have access to open-world pvp, you jsut dont like it when its YOU getting ganked.

Domatron
01.31.2013 , 11:45 AM | #118
I had to do FPs to get HK and I didn't mind because I wanted the reward even though I almost feel asleep. So if you want the rewards do it if not skip it.

I love the fact that players don't mind countless wipes on a PVE mob but the second another player kills them the world is over.

Just think of me as a world boss and bring your raid group because if you're red you're dead

darklordpotter
01.31.2013 , 12:04 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
its all over every planet, everywhere already!! lol, you go through numberous PvP areas through the course of leveling, so no, its not an issue.

PLUS...

Ilum missions are not required to complete your main storyline, its basically just additional story for fun, and a place to get in a couple extra dailies.
Actually you don't have to even go near a PvP area to do the dailies on Ilum and I don't know about you but over the course of my levelling I have never had to do PvE content in an area that flagged me for PvP.

Perhaps there is this huge amount of content I'm missing?

darklordpotter
01.31.2013 , 12:05 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Rubytyr View Post
The tears, they feed me!!!

But seriously, why cry about pvp zone issues if you roll a character on a pvp server? seriously you knew what you were getting into when you made that character. if people want to quest in peace etc, roll on a pve and be done with it. that way you still have access to warzones, but can safely quest in peace~ otherwise, you msut WANT to have access to open-world pvp, you jsut dont like it when its YOU getting ganked.
The point is they are seem to be suggesting that they are putting PvE content in areas that flag for PvP on PvE servers if it was just PvP servers no-one would care.