Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guarding the Healers

jedimasterjac
01.20.2013 , 08:09 PM | #81
I'm a level 50 tank in full Rakata. I've almost always guarded the healer, and have no issues. I believe the problem is that you're purposefully taking the aggro from the tank. You yourself said you do. I'd suggest you DPS instead of purposefully off-tank.
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

jasonthelamb
01.20.2013 , 08:19 PM | #82
Guarding healers is for PvP, any Ops Guild that guards Healers won't last long.

I'm a Jugg DPS and I rarely get guarded, since I'm good at popping my aggro dump on CD, and I pull ~1900-2800 DPS depending how much the DPS gods love me taht day.

Psyclic
01.20.2013 , 10:18 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Most tanks, unless they're in absolute BiS and know their rotations *exceptionally* well aren't going to be dealing 750 DPS, especially not Guardians. You only arrived at this arbitrarily high number because you actually did most of your math wrong.
<snip>
I'm not quoting this whole post but anyone not paying attention to this as utter gospel is a ninny.
There are only a handful of fights in ops where guard should be on a healer the reset of the time if you are doing random HM FP and you are a tank inspect the mDPS, the one with the best gear guard them.
<Reverence> Dalborra
Psyclic | Saerah | Seelah | Zi'Lanna | Chartre | Vires
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Khevar
01.20.2013 , 11:11 PM | #84
^^^ Yeah, listen to Kitru

AdmiralOnasi
01.21.2013 , 02:09 AM | #85
Healer here, there are a ton of bad tanks that play on my server (POT5). I mean, there are some really, really bad tanks in this game. Many hardmodes, I end up tanking because the tank is too lazy or stupid to pull threat on more than two enemies or peel one of the six guys that are blowing up the healer. Hey guys, when I have to heal myself, that's time I'm not healing you. And snippy attitudes about me not healing you when you won't do you job aren't helping either (looking at you tanks that won't try to gain threat and DPS that jumps in before the tank). And let's not even get into people chain pulling when the healer is trying to recover energy.

I feel like this is a byproduct of healing companions that never run out of energy, and the laziness of overgeared players.

slafko
01.21.2013 , 03:43 AM | #86
Adds blowing up healers in flashpoints are mostly the dps's fault. Most of them just go for the highest health mob instead of cutting down the weaker ones first. Tanks can miss adds that peel off when they're trying to land an interrupt. Also, healers standing in the paths of patrols doesn't help anyone. Basically, it all comes down to coordination and adapting to your team.

Ruskaeth
01.21.2013 , 06:18 AM | #87
Kamii, good start for this thread and I seriously hope tanks pay attention to it. I've actually gone through an FP using slash because of such situations (semi-BiS Watchman). As far as TRE goes, asking for people to listen in PUGs is like pissing against the wind. I've taken habit of just saying "someone's at the door" and leaving with an apology if my level of frustration rises to 0.01 pts on scale of 0-100 towards rage quit. 5 BH is not worth having the temperature rise between my (and I guess yours too) ears.

Yours,
Ruswyn/Mrachan

wetslampigduex
01.21.2013 , 08:39 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
Guarding healers is for PvP, any Ops Guild that guards Healers won't last long.

I'm a Jugg DPS and I rarely get guarded, since I'm good at popping my aggro dump on CD, and I pull ~1900-2800 DPS depending how much the DPS gods love me taht day.
I'd love to see a parse of that 2800 dps... btw Kephess in TFB and the droid in KP don't count

Hovergame
01.21.2013 , 09:19 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I'm a level 50 tank in full Rakata. I've almost always guarded the healer, and have no issues. I believe the problem is that you're purposefully taking the aggro from the tank. You yourself said you do. I'd suggest you DPS instead of purposefully off-tank.
So you're asking to the DPS to .... not DPS ? Come on ! Do you believe that, when I DPS, I WANT TO take the aggro from the tank ? No, I don't, I just try to ... DPS. If the tank cannot keep the boss, that's his problem and he needs to improve. A good tank NEEDS to be able to keep the boss, even if the DPS are giving everything in the first 30 seconds. Some bosses on Denova NiM are asking for this (unless you are overgeared).

uniz
01.21.2013 , 10:22 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
nicely said.

too many dps think pulling agro is a sign of uberness when it only shows ineptness. when you are over geared than your tank such dps need to "scale" their dps to the tanks ability. this would have been learned in other mmos where skill was more involved rather than easy mode game play mechanics. thankfully we also dont have real time dps meters or this problem would be even more prevalent.