Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DF Rotation

JediHagen
01.17.2013 , 12:16 AM | #1
I am wondering if my rotation for DF is good because i am only pulling about 1650 dps on the dummy. I am in 61-63 gear right now.
I am doing
1. Flourish shot
2. Sharp bomb
3. Vital shot.
4. Hemp. shot
5. illegal mods then Wounding shots
6. Speed shot
7. Aimed shot
8. Wounding shots
9. Flyby and power relic then cool head
reset to sharp bomb
i reapply my dots and arrmor debuff when needed and i use flurry of bolts when needed also. If anyone can help me on my rotation to help raise my dps that would be great.

LenrocNewDawn
01.17.2013 , 04:30 AM | #2
Try to fit in "Sab Charge" and don't be afraid to burst when you have cool head up. When you have cool head available burst until energy around 40% then pop cool head and you should be OK. Other then that I think you rotation is good. P.S. Don't waste GCD and energy on Flourish when you have other armor de-buffers in the group (JKs, commandos).
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

JediHagen
01.17.2013 , 03:54 PM | #3
ok so my i finally did up it some more but is my crit change to high?? and the rest of my stats ok?
http://www.torparse.com/a/102670
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-fe12c07b95d9

Ardarell_Solo
01.18.2013 , 05:56 AM | #4
Shorten your rotation so you have the Dots up all the time: Don't do Freighter at the end of your rotation but instead of Speedshot, whenever Freighter is ready.

When Cool Head is ready do Freighter instead of Aimed Shot.

And substitute Aimed Shot with Sabotage Charge + Flurry whenever SC is ready.

That should boost you a little...

Statwise you should decrease Crit to 300 and put those points in power instead.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troż (Vanguard) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> <- rDDs gesucht! Gerne bewerben! (T3-M4)
I'd be honored if you check my Watchman / Annihilation PVE Guide

AngelFluttershy
01.18.2013 , 03:40 PM | #5
First, your Torparse link doesn't seem to be working.

Your gear should be putting you closer to 2000 DPS if you're on-top of a good rotation. The only comments I have about your gear is you could lose some Crit and Accuracy (if you want). I prefer my Crit Chance to be ~40% (fully buffed) in Dirty Fighting as it helps a lot with energy regeneration, if you go under 40% you'll have more power but possibly a larger energy management issue. For Saboteur, Dirty Fighting, and Hybrid you only need 98%-100% Accuracy because most of your damage is Tech and your main hand will be hitting enough in this margin not to matter much. 100% helps Sharpshooter more and just makes it so your off-hand doesn't miss. No big deal if you want to leave accuracy as is, just know it doesn't hurt to dip under 100% a small amount.

As for your rotation, I'll try my best to recite my opener when parsing on the dummy: (Shrap Bomb > Vital Shot > Hemorrhaging Blast > Wounding Shots set-up is abbreviated as SVHW)
  1. Power Relic + Flyby
  2. Aimed Shot (Combat Starts at end of cast)
  3. Shrap Bomb
  4. Vital Shot
  5. Cool Head + Hemorrhaging Blast + Power Adrenal
  6. Wounding Shots
  7. Sabotage Charge
  8. Speed Shot
  9. Wounding Shots
  10. Flourish Shot
  11. SVHW
  12. Speed Shots
  13. Smuggler's Luck + Charged Burst
  14. Flurry of Bolts
  15. Wounding Shots
  16. Shrap bomb
  17. Vital Shot
  18. Hemorrhaging Blast + Illegal Mods

The main ideas are:
  • Use Illegal Mods to help with energy (the +10 from Field Tech 2-piece).
  • Get in two Wounding Shots before re-applying DOTs. Wounding Shots should be doing ~700 of your DPS.
  • Make Flyby a priority, but only when Wounding Shots is on CD and your DOTs don't need a refresh (i.e. between Wounding Shots 1 and 2 in a DOT application).
  • Flourish Shot, for your personal DPS, isn't as important in Dirty Fighting. However, in Ops I'd recommend making it a higher priority to help with group DPS.
  • Use Cool Head and Illegal Mods in conjunction with Hemo Blast or Flurry of Bolts to keep DPS up while regenerating the most energy possible.
  • Sabotage Charge provides some of the biggest damage for the amount of energy it costs, try to use it in-between channeled abilities to make up for its 20 energy cost.
  • Only use Charged Burst when Smuggler's Luck is active.
  • Aimed Shot's primary purpose in Dirty Fighting is to deliver sizable damage while letting energy return in that 2.5 second cast time. However, don't use it if Wounding Shot is about to come off CD or DOTs are going to be re-applied. Aimed Shot has a lower priority.
  • Avoid letting DOTs tick into their Weak forms when parsing on the Ops Dummy, it's a large DPS loss.

JediHagen
01.19.2013 , 12:30 AM | #6
I know about the torparse all you need to do to fix that is change the second 15:40 to 15:46 in the drop down box

AngelFluttershy
01.19.2013 , 12:36 PM | #7
If you're in the 1900s like that you're a lot closer than I thought you were. All I can tell from the parse is you may not be throwing in Wounding Shots often enough. In your 6min parse you get in 323 hits with it (556DPS) where it should be hitting closer 700DPS of your total DPS.

JediHagen
01.19.2013 , 05:01 PM | #8
i use it twice in a rotation because by about the second time the dots need to be reapplied.

AngelFluttershy
01.19.2013 , 08:50 PM | #9
Then you're doing it right, I'm used to looking at my own 5min parses opposed to 6min which is why I'm used to seeing Speed Shot doing less damage then my bleeds. mid-1900's is about right for your gear. Just keep trying different rotations and find what works best.

JediHagen
01.21.2013 , 11:05 AM | #10
Should I have 40% crit on the tech or ranged abilities?

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-6352fba5492e