Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has inflation hit?

killahcheese
01.16.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
What do you guys think about the current prices?

I have found there has been notable inflation since F2P? What about you?
Most of the gear I saw before were in the 2.5 mill max, but I'm starting to see 4 million GTN prices for mounts etc

DarthTHC
01.16.2013 , 12:05 PM | #2
I'm seeing just the opposite. Prices on most things are lower now than they ever have been, and getting lower by the week.

Like any ingame economy, new and rare items tend to fetch extraordinary prices. But they do come down to reasonable levels over time. Unless, of course, they're now simply unobtainable ingame and then the sky's going to be the limit.

Frostbyt
01.16.2013 , 12:06 PM | #3
I don't know of any item that sells for 4million. Most items have become cheaper.

Amalak
01.16.2013 , 12:11 PM | #4
Ive noticed on my server at least that prices have dropped on almost everything. Stabs use to go for 170k+ now they are selling anywhere from 100k-120k with about the average price being 110k. Most of the lvl 10 Cartel Crystals going for 100k except for the power ones that go for 250k+... most armor except for the Hydra, Jedi Battlelord, Supreme Inq and Vendetta go for next to nothing.

errant_knight
01.16.2013 , 12:12 PM | #5
Yes, I'm seeing a massive price drop, myself. Speeders are practically free, the price of orange gear has dropped (helped by the ability to craft belts, boots and bracers), Many high end mats are now much cheaper as the are being sold on the market by people who get them in packs and just want to get rid of them. The only things that are still very high in price without frequently being found at a bargain price by careful shoppers are the mats used in post-50 armoring, rare items, and post 50 armorings themselves.

lpope
01.16.2013 , 12:14 PM | #6
On Jedi Covenant, I've seen the prices drop over the last few months. Both on end-game RE'd gear like the lvl 26 & 27 item mods and the under 45 gear. The level 47 & 49 gear is downright pitiful price wise and most often not worth posting. RE'ing to get some mats back is a more sensible approach for them.

-Sirus-
01.16.2013 , 12:18 PM | #7
The speeders you mention are cartel items. Free to play can't afford such items. So, free to play players are not contributing to inflation on such items. Speeds are also a luxury item and you shouldn't try to gauge inflation on any items that would be considered luxury/BiS.

The most obvious place, to me, to check for inflation would be material prices. I regularly check the price of scavenging and underworld materials. If anything, the price on these materials seems to be on a slow downward trend. This would be deflation and I think its possible that f2p players are contributing to this. I image there are a fair number of f2p people with 1/2 crafting skills that only have a gathering skill.

The other trend right now is that 61 mods cost less than a month ago and 63 mods cost more than 61 mods used to. This just feels natural to me and doesn't really have anything to do with inflation. Its just a new luxury/BiS tier that devalues the previous tier a bit.

Finally, the price on purple leveling gear does seem to be going up for me. Though I think these prices are there because subscribers are pampering their alts with credits from their 50s.

killahcheese
01.16.2013 , 12:18 PM | #8
I'm the Bastion so I saw a lot of the mounts go higher.

But of course, yes, like some cartel speeders have went down, but like overlord command and diplomat mounts are 4mill

Amalak
01.16.2013 , 12:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by killahcheese View Post
I'm the Bastion so I saw a lot of the mounts go higher.

But of course, yes, like some cartel speeders have went down, but like overlord command and diplomat mounts are 4mill
Same server, but I bought both speeders for 1.7 and 2.1 respectively in the last couple weeks. I just look for deals

Rafaman
01.16.2013 , 12:28 PM | #10
Well... I think the Cartel has had an impact on GTN and the overall economy. But that seems obvious. What is much more subtle but really interesting is the price of lowbie gear. The price of low level mods and gear is much higher and if you calculate the the price per stat point significantly more expensive. This makes sense as well given that lowbies are on the rise via the f2pers. So.... the real money, it seems to me is in selling to the f2p market: owbie mods and gear, mounts, and specialty items. Easy creds to be made there.