Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amadahy
02.07.2013 , 10:44 AM | #241
I am still locked out as well.

After three calls, various excuses, and sending in a copy of my ID. I was told it should 2-3 days...this is now day three. I have yet to hear anything from CS about my account, I am still "locked" out, and I have yet to recieved any reply to my ID email. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed and irritated.

If I am told something will be fixed in a certain amount of time I expect it. If it is going to take longer then I expect some kind of information telling me this.
The Alcaeus Legacy
Heirah ~ Jedi Knight
Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sopheina ~ Sith Sorc Melena ~ Sniper
Sienah ~ Scoundrel

lordmazley
02.07.2013 , 12:15 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post
Why won't the devs OFFICIALLY update the playerbase? If CS is telling you "Hey, it's us, not you." Why, why, why, why, does everyone have to keep jumping through hoops? Why won't the Dev's update the website? Or limit CC purchases IN GAME/on the website to 3 per day (I was told myself that there's a 3 charge limit before you get the NU2001)

Why not put a system in place to prevent us from reaching the lockout parameters in the first place? No Idea what happened for 3 months I personally could not buy coins, however, like magic, I am able to do so again.
that would be easy mate and you know this CS team....

DarkGraphix
02.07.2013 , 02:25 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Omyz View Post
I started to get the NU2001 error two weeks ago. After a total time spent of 3 hours 2 minutes on the phone, over 2 hours of it on hold over a four day period, followed by three separate escalations, nada accomplished.

I called the recommended number. The person in billing couldn't take care of this particular issue, he escalated to another phone queue, queue closed, call next day, start from scratch on the pyramid process and three hours later the top dog tells me they cannot release anything until I email them id, either driver license or passport.

This is after I've already answered all my security questions, proof of account ownership, proof of working credit card(s) etc.

Jumped through all the hoops, still unable to purchase, locked by the NU2001 error.
Indeed, I have jumped through the hoops as well. How any business can say they want your money, and do nothing to enable a transaction to go through is beyond me.

Terrible customer service.

TheOverMind-
02.07.2013 , 02:30 PM | #244
I have so many questions about That FAQ if mr. naugor could explain in more details what's happening with all this.

1-I bought many cartel coins several times. If I can't but anymore cartel coins after my 24 hours, is it due to the fact that I'm trying to buy again and my purchase failed?

2- If I'm locked, your advices is to call the company, am I going to wait several hours for getting no good answers and then staying locked again like many of those people who try to resolve this problem?

Because you know, I speak french, I can't talk in english, so I have to pay that call to France. Your response is, it is not our problem, you have to call the service because we cannot change any confidential information about your account payment etc. I agree, but yes it is also your problem if I'm your client, I'm a part of your company. If I'm not. This philosophy will no longer stay because it's going to be a time bomb you know. So as a result, I'm gonna pay something that I don't want to because there was no SIGN or info about this limit to pay cartel coins. So who's the fault? Jesus?

Amadahy
02.07.2013 , 06:35 PM | #245
Okay, now I am pissed off!

I called CS, FOR A FOURTH TIME, only to be told my ID had been sent but nothing has been done. I was then transfered to the next tier up, only to be placed on hold for OVER AN HOUR! I finally had to hang up in order to take care of other matters. It wasn't even two seconds after I hung up, that I got an email stating...

"We’ve responded to your query on the matter after you have calld us back on our Phone Support Hotline [my ticket number here] – and we are now closing this ticket as a duplicate."

Oh, really? YOU DID NOT RESPOND! You simply placed me on hold until I could no longer stay on the phone. This has got to be the WORST customer service I have ever experienced!

Other gaming companies I have dealt with were able to fix my issues within 24-48 hours. Even when I did have to send in a photo ID!

I want to know EXACTLY what is being done, and soon. If it means I have to call you people multiple times a day, so be it. If I have to submit multiple tickets a day, so be it. I will annoy the living crap out of this company until I have some answers!
The Alcaeus Legacy
Heirah ~ Jedi Knight
Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sopheina ~ Sith Sorc Melena ~ Sniper
Sienah ~ Scoundrel

Merovee
02.07.2013 , 08:20 PM | #246
Why spend the energy? Walk away. Trust me, in a week or so you'll look back and feel better about having finally done so. If someone tries to continually hand you a big, steaming pile of crap, you don't have to accept it.

I lived through the same horror story. I'm not going to bother recounting them here. Plenty of other folks have lived through the same thing. What I would do is caution anyone from sending them any sort of photo ID to complete a transaction. That's exactly where they lost me, especially in light of the fact that they could make no assurances what their internal security/process was for protecting my information. Where does my photo ID go? Into a vault? Is it destroyed? Does it sit on someone's desk next to empy cup of noodle containers and 5 Hour Energy bottles? Do the CSRs use it for toilet paper?

shefflad
02.07.2013 , 09:04 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
Added paypal to my account, buying points worked like a charm. So it's a good workaround for anyone still trying to buy points. For the time being anyways.
Lets hope the first part of this post is wrong or you are back to square one.
PS trying to buy through pay pal myself says i cant .

Greetings all,

Sorry for the delay in the response.

Unfortunately PayPal is no longer a payment option that can be used to purchase Cartel Coins. It still can be used for subscriptions.

Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Edit: Hey guys, I am sorry but I might have been mistaken. I shall look into this further and get back to you when I have a definite answer.

Thank you!

TheOverMind-
02.07.2013 , 09:28 PM | #248
Lmao, your not working here and your answering more than I expected. I say thx.

This story looks like kids going in a candy market and take everything they want untill the owner turns the poster ''open'' into **CLOSED** to make all the kids cry >

no offense

Lannithora
02.08.2013 , 03:32 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOverMind- View Post
Lmao, your not working here and your answering more than I expected. I say thx.

This story looks like kids going in a candy market and take everything they want untill the owner turns the poster ''open'' into **CLOSED** to make all the kids cry >

no offense
It's more like a candy store where kids got to buy stuff then the owners cash register broke and he just refuses to fix it and remains open still

Whoopen
02.08.2013 , 03:41 PM | #250
Something to consider that just happened to me. HEY BW you might want to add this to your Cartel FAQ.

The credit card purchases generate a check against the card for funds. To do this they charge the card 1$. Now when the trasaction is completed they refund the dollar but it can take, and usually does, upto 30days to get that dollar back.

So if you are like me and had a giftcard with 11.47 on it and you attempted to purchase cartel coins that cost 10.65 with said card you will never be sucessful. After they charge the dollar to check for funds i now do not have enough for the purchase, the transaction fails. So I now will spend the rest of my money on something other than Cartel Coins. Oh by the way I did not dicover this till i had made 7 attempts over a period of days based on instruction from the FAQ to wait a day for the possible reset of transaction for another purchase. So currently BW has 7 dollars of my money that i have to wait for them to return. Yeah they charge a dollar each time i attempted it. lesson learned.