Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lannithora
02.01.2013 , 03:37 PM | #181
Hey admin guy can't you pass this on to your higher ups? And get them to respond bcos obviously you can't help us at all

Dark-lighter
02.01.2013 , 04:01 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by GunBusterX View Post
EA/BW I am not a fan of your sports games nor will I ever be, there are some games I have enjoyed, the first 2 SW:KOTOR and Jade Empire, I love the storyline that this game is giving I take my time playing this game, but I have also had the cartel coins problem, I will not give my personal info, because I am in the military and one of the first rules we are taught is to never give out our info, the only info I will ever give out is when I create accounts to games and nothing extra.
I have submitted emails to you about this problem and called once, I know its a short number but I am not going to call again, I work very long hours and the days I do get off I like to relax and play the game and buy cartell coinsfor my characters, and I would like you guys to fix this issue with the cartel coins because I do not want to come home from a very long day to have to call and be put on hold.
I know its not on my side as I checked with my bank, I hate looking like I am the ***hole here but its really hard not to be, both times I got the same automated response to my emails to call CS, I have read every post and reply on this thread, I dont have the time to be waiting on the phone calls, the only thing that I am able to do is send you the emails about the cartel coins until the issue is resolved, I will keep trying on those cartel coins whenever I play SWTOR, but with my work schedule is very limited, I only hope I will be able to get on and buy some coins soon.
Suck in the same problem as you for the same reason working away at the moment so can not phone the line as im out of country. What limited time off i get relax and play this, just want to pre-order the rise of the hutts so when im on leave in the spring i will be ready to go.
As ive all ready said in previous posts my card details are all fine there is not a problem on my end as my reoccuring subscription went through in January.
The fury that pilots the fury
The Hand Of Reven

Amadahy
02.02.2013 , 12:30 AM | #183
Back on the front page you go. It seems, based on additional posts, this is happening to more people. I have to agree with others that this is not on our ends. If the NU problem was happening to a couple of us, fine, but the problem seems to be increasing. Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

As for my situation, I did submit a ticket for my NU2001 problem. I was told to delete and re-add my card. Based on the issues others are having with this I did not do it.

This is just my advice to the CS department and moderators. You guys need to get together and get your facts straight. It is incredibly frustrating to be told to delete the card by CS, and have moderators/admins on the forum say not to.

MidichIorian
02.02.2013 , 02:22 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Amadahy View Post
As for my situation, I did submit a ticket for my NU2001 problem. I was told to delete and re-add my card. Based on the issues others are having with this I did not do it.
I've been able to re-add my card. It doesnt solve the issue put it costs you $1 every time since the system apparently is able to charge you for the "test fee" but not process your purchases. This has happened to my around five times now as I've tried different cards.

And blaming the bank is just silly. Is anyone buying that? I can buy a brand new car on my card but god forbid that I would spend $70 on cartel coins. Really? I can also make 1000 different purchases around the web on the same day and my bank couldnt care less as long as I can cover the expenses. This is apparently working on every other site on the web except swtor.com because someone over at BW decided to incorprorate a 3-purchases/day rule that blocks peoples' accounts and no one there is clever enough to simply get rid of this rule despite that EVERYTHING points at this being the cause of the problem. Nor are they interested in taking down the system for a day and clearing the records for everyone. Loss of one day's income from the cartel shop vs Income when people who have been locked out for months are able to buy coins again, my money's on the latter.

Lannithora
02.02.2013 , 02:34 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I've been able to re-add my card. It doesnt solve the issue put it costs you $1 every time since the system apparently is able to charge you for the "test fee" but not process your purchases. This has happened to my around five times now as I've tried different cards.

And blaming the bank is just silly. Is anyone buying that? I can buy a brand new car on my card but god forbid that I would spend $70 on cartel coins. Really? I can also make 1000 different purchases around the web on the same day and my bank couldnt care less as long as I can cover the expenses. This is apparently working on every other site on the web except swtor.com because someone over at BW decided to incorprorate a 3-purchases/day rule that blocks peoples' accounts and no one there is clever enough to simply get rid of this rule despite that EVERYTHING points at this being the cause of the problem. Nor are they interested in taking down the system for a day and clearing the records for everyone. Loss of one day's income from the cartel shop vs Income when people who have been locked out for months are able to buy coins again, my money's on the latter.

I know rig all they need to do is reset all the locks for everyone it doesn't take long and doesn't cost them anything. Also a early waring system would be nice too. I mean honestly how long, and how Harris it to just reset the locks???

platinumruggo
02.02.2013 , 04:55 AM | #186
You'd think that with enough people complaining about the SAME issue that's been an issue for some for months, that they would fix it. How is it that you can still charge us for our subs, but when we want to buy points, it's impossible? DOES EA/BW NOT WANT OUR *********** MONEY?

Lannithora
02.02.2013 , 05:48 AM | #187
They want our money but the get enough from subs to bother with coins and CS

grumpy
02.02.2013 , 09:13 AM | #188
i have been having this problem for 3 weeks, i have contacted my bank and there is no problem there. i even checked the routing of the billing process. i was able to make purchases by changing the billing to my paypal account. if my re-newed sub payment doesnt go through then thats not my problem. fix your system.
btw, i found it hilarious when i went to EA's help site as suggested by the error code, when i was submitting a ticket and it asks to choose a product, SWTOR wasnt even a choice to pick. this says a lot about these companies imo.

Galacticlore
02.02.2013 , 01:38 PM | #189
So, I've been unable to purchase coins for over a month.

I DID phone, and the customer service rep in accounts and billing WAS UNABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

That CS Rep put in a ticket to the next higher up tier for resolution, as has been confirmed earlier in this thread (around page 10 iirc).

That was 3 WEEKS ago. No e-mails, no phone calls, no resolution. Despite the fact I already have sat on hold for hours to NOT get this resolved, I'm trying to call again. I really should not have to. I really better get resolution after this, as it will be the last time.

WHY do you people not want our money? Seriously - did someone mistakenly tell you that your jobs DON'T depend on getting customer money? I mean...the game went f2p to try and get more players to play, to try to get more money from us. But you won't take it. How in hell do you expect to stay in business like that?

I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

killinscrubs
02.02.2013 , 01:55 PM | #190
i been having this problem for a few weeks i even tried making a new account to see if it worked and it still didn't work to buy CC but i was able to make other payments with my card? this is retarded i just canceled my subscription and everything until this problem resolves there the ones that's gonna lose money cause as i see it thousands of people having this problem