Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else excited about 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Anyone else excited about 1.7?

LordExozone
01.16.2013 , 06:27 AM | #1
For the first time in a long time we get an update that I feel excited about! A return to Ilum with an event that from reading it sounds really cool, and which I suspect will also spark open world pvp just like the rakghoul event on Tatooïne. And a reputation system which imho is something great, assuming the various factions have unique appearance items you can work towards to. I fondly recall The Burning Crusade with its many reputation factions when it was new, and I hope it is something akin to that.

What I'm personally hoping for:

- A neutral or imperial mandalorian faction which unlocks the current Mandalorian NPC armour at a vendor.
- An imperial military division that unlocks a form of trooper armour (differently coloured perhaps to the collector's edition trooper armour)
- An underworld themed faction (exchange perhaps) with underworld themed armour.

And hopefully some faction themed weapons/speeders and pets as well.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Alavastre
01.16.2013 , 06:41 AM | #2
I think it will be a cool patch. It will add another little wrinkle to playing, and I think it will do wonders for those people who don't have anything to strive for.

But are there going to be rep grind quests? It would suck if you could only play alts to get the rep.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Amlici
01.16.2013 , 06:47 AM | #3
Yea looks like i started playing again at the right time. I only really play two 50s. One on Imp and one on Pub so the rep grind shouldn't be too bad for me. Just working on getting a little more geared and should be ready for when it drops.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

JediCahlwyn
01.16.2013 , 06:51 AM | #4
I am very excited, though aside from the bugs very little has failed to excite me with SWTOR! This looks solid!

My concern is will they prevent griefing on Ilum so that everyone will be able to experience the new "event"? I hope so!
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Petnil
01.16.2013 , 06:53 AM | #5
it´s going to be an amazing patch....

DarkSaberMaster
01.16.2013 , 06:54 AM | #6
I'm just waiting to see what buffs/nerfs that will be rolled out with it.
Dae'ge: (Concentration Sentinel) D'aege: (MM Sniper)
Esz'ra: (Concealment Op) The Harbinger
Referral link for free stuff

Fornix
01.16.2013 , 07:15 AM | #7
Definitely looking forward. Things such as reputation have always been a facor of longevity for me. As a completionist I always enjoy capping those. Now just to hope we'll see a decent overhaul of the Codex system one day as well.

On top of that, the return to Ilum will be a very welcome change as well! Good to see they went for an event style approach there. I'm interested to hear what the frequency will be like, however I feel we can expect something like Wintergrasp was to WoW coming up.

It'll be good times for SWTOR in 2013 .
Member of <Helix>

Riggz
01.16.2013 , 07:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
I'm just waiting to see what buffs/nerfs that will be rolled out with it.
Nerf = smash / bubble stun / something that doesn't need it

Buff = mercs / something that doesn't need it

But I am also excited for the patch! Looks like it will be fun I love in game events
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Beldorus
01.16.2013 , 08:19 AM | #9
if they will add bublechat then i will by excited about 1.7

LadyDrusilla
01.16.2013 , 08:21 AM | #10
I am extremely excited. I've not been this enthusiastic since the big Legacy additions (1.3?) let me have twi'leks in any class I wanted.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.