Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy smuggling

DataBeaver
01.16.2013 , 05:45 AM | #1
I've seen several references of smuggling item components to alts using legacy gear. However, doesn't that work with any unbound orange shells? Have they done something to prevent that? Or is it categorized as an exploit?

United_Strafes
01.16.2013 , 06:02 AM | #2
No because It becomes bound.

Zarass
01.16.2013 , 06:08 AM | #3
Changing mods of an item (plug in mod / pull out mod) makes mod and item soulbound, normally (except for legacy items).

Llama-Eight
01.16.2013 , 06:10 AM | #4
You need to buy Legacy-bound gear from a vendor on your capital, put the armouring/mod/enhancement/augment in those (at which point said armouring/etc becomes bound-to-legacy rather than bound to a specific character), send them to your other character & have them remove it from the BoL gear & use the item.

DAMossimo
01.16.2013 , 06:32 AM | #5
This is not an exploit; it's the whole point of legacy gear...it's also one of the few legacy perks that haven't been sold out to the Cartel Store.

The gear still has to be earned and there is a built-in cost of component removal.

Working as intended.

DataBeaver
01.16.2013 , 06:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This is not an exploit; it's the whole point of legacy gear...it's also one of the few legacy perks that haven't been sold out to the Cartel Store.
I was wondering if doing the same with normal orange items was an exploit. At some earlier point it used to be possible, but I guess they've removed it.

LydMekk
01.16.2013 , 08:01 AM | #7
No. I have been here since beta and it has never been possible to use a orange shell for this (which was bound). Only Legacy gear can be mailed to another of your chars with mods and armoring inside.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.16.2013 , 08:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This is not an exploit; it's the whole point of legacy gear

Working as intended.
This is not completely true. Devs have posted that legacy smuggling was an unattended consequence of the system. They also said that they were not considering it an exploit, but were trying to decide wheter or not to block the practice or not. This was months ago though. So it's certainly not the point or working as intended, but it's also not an exploit.