Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anyone agree, standard jedi tunic robes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
anyone agree, standard jedi tunic robes?

hidy
01.16.2013 , 09:39 AM | #21
LOL @ this topic... I have been playing this game since BETA last year and have never been satisfied withh any gear I have worn or seen in this game... Maybe the lvl 20 pvp robe for the sages.. smh, this has got to be the topic with the most threads created.

Primarch_PWnD
01.16.2013 , 02:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
The last two jedi skins - via the cartel market of course - have been a step in the right direction.

Valiant Jedi and Conservator's robes. Check them out.
Now we just have to get them to stop making to all poop-brown with urine-yellow trim and we'll be all set.

Honestly, I don't think anyone in that art department asks themselves if they'd want to wear the armor themselves.....

They are simply making the game THEY want, not the game that the 1000-post 10,000-view threads are asking for. That was obvious when the old lead dev used the words "deceptive dressing" in place of "character customization". HE wanted us all to look the same, the community is pretty clear that's not shat we want, but look where we are over a year after release.

You'll get new armors, but it'll be what they want, not what we've been asking for, like its been all year so far.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

Selethar
01.16.2013 , 02:54 PM | #23
My complaints around a lot of the armor has one of 2 main themes:

1.) This is not some magic land. Some of the armor should be in the OTHER game, not here.

The one set that makes you look like the thing from the black lagoon comes to mind.

2.) The sets with the odd bits that stick out and/or huge bits attached. I know there is an inquisitor set where it looks like you have giant can openers on your gloves and shoulder. Another example are the Sith sets with the shoulders that could double as surf boards or Repub gear that has one huge plate on one shoulder.

Amalak
01.16.2013 , 03:18 PM | #24
I know its a dead horse, but yes we need plain simple robes. I wonder where they got the ideas for the armor that's ingame now.

Willhousefour
01.16.2013 , 04:11 PM | #25
I don't really understand what type of robes the OP and others want. I got several "basic" robes while questing on my Jedi Guardian - one of the most basic being the first orange one I got on Coruscant via some heroic mission which I wore from ~12-50. It was similar to this:

http://www.torhead.com/item/3w4dHYC/...ers-chestguard

That strikes me as pretty basic/standard and I got several variations in color on this one via leveling. The only problem was I couldn't put the hood down, which I would've really liked to be able to do.

Sportiva
01.16.2013 , 04:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Willhousefour View Post
I don't really understand what type of robes the OP and others want. I got several "basic" robes while questing on my Jedi Guardian - one of the most basic being the first orange one I got on Coruscant via some heroic mission which I wore from ~12-50. It was similar to this:

http://www.torhead.com/item/3w4dHYC/...ers-chestguard

That strikes me as pretty basic/standard and I got several variations in color on this one via leveling. The only problem was I couldn't put the hood down, which I would've really liked to be able to do.
There's nothing wrong with that set except for the hood, the belt on the outside of the robe and the fact that there is not a similar version for light armor user (there is for medium). I'm also not a fan of the faded coloring of the browns. What we need is for the Battle Expulsor's set to have an illegitimate love child with the Valiant Jedi set, and we would then have nearly perfect classic Jedi robes.

Throw in armor dyes and Sith would probably be happy as well.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder