Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

dreadguard gear

Vankris
01.16.2013 , 09:51 AM | #11
i would make a wild guess that it much easier to farm a few millions (in a week or so) than joining a high level guild capable and of killing kephess nightmare. On my server at least, no guild have killed him so far.

beside, you also have to win the rand, or get enough dkp, depending on the guild system.
alternatively, you could be lucky with the first boss asation HM or kill kephess on asation HM, get the off hand and use the mod there.

What ever you chose, farming a few millions will be much much fast, though it's less fun.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

AsheraII
01.16.2013 , 09:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
well... you can easily buy them if you have millions of creds. Of course what the small minority of overly rich crafters on most servers don't realize is that you can't sell stuff that expensive to the majority that don't have that kind of credits.
Those who are level 50 can get those credits in a matter of days through dailies. For which they also get comms, so they can work on obtaining them from multiple angles. Nothing is free in an MMO, everything takes some time and dedication, this is no difference and it shouldn't be different either. It's already a shame that the free no-effort Tionese gear makes all the older lvl 49-50 blueprints redundant.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Llama-Eight
01.16.2013 , 10:04 AM | #13
Most crafters on my server (Red Eclipse) trade the 63 gear for the mats & they keep the bonus armouring/etc from a crit (which they can either use or sell, either on the GTN or for more mats).

asbalana
01.16.2013 , 10:14 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Those who are level 50 can get those credits in a matter of days through dailies. For which they also get comms, so they can work on obtaining them from multiple angles. Nothing is free in an MMO, everything takes some time and dedication, this is no difference and it shouldn't be different either. It's already a shame that the free no-effort Tionese gear makes all the older lvl 49-50 blueprints redundant.
Actually no. Each piece of gear takes one mod and armoring so you are probably looking at a month or more of dailies, if you spend credits on nothing else to get to close to dread guard level.

If anyone is buying the mods, etc. at 2M a crack, please post and let me know and why. I have the credits, but refuse to pay the price. It's just to much. I have no problem with the sellers since the mats are expensive so the mods can be considered to be reasonably priced considering what it costs to make them.

I find that since I am not a raider, I do not need dread guard level to play any other content. It also seems to me that if I had the dread guard stuff, all other content would be so trivialized that it would be no fun to do. Ever watch a near BIS geared player run through dailies? They are so over powered that it is a joke.

itsmymillertime
01.16.2013 , 10:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Actually no. Each piece of gear takes one mod and armoring so you are probably looking at a month or more of dailies, if you spend credits on nothing else to get to close to dread guard level.

If anyone is buying the mods, etc. at 2M a crack, please post and let me know and why. I have the credits, but refuse to pay the price. It's just to much. I have no problem with the sellers since the mats are expensive so the mods can be considered to be reasonably priced considering what it costs to make them.

I find that since I am not a raider, I do not need dread guard level to play any other content. It also seems to me that if I had the dread guard stuff, all other content would be so trivialized that it would be no fun to do. Ever watch a near BIS geared player run through dailies? They are so over powered that it is a joke.
The easiest way is to pvp and buy the cheapest moddable gear piece, rip the mods, re them for stabs then buy the rest of the mats off the gtn or do crew skill missions for them. then trade for the item. That nets you 1 piece of bis every 2 days if you find someone willing to trade and with 25 mods in a full set, that is 2 months worth of work for the casual player.

Vankris
01.16.2013 , 10:31 AM | #16
if i had my say, i would completely remove the crafting of mod 63 in the game. Dreadguard level of gear should be only attainable throught raiding.

you may feel 2-3 millions the mod is expensive, it maight as well be 20-30 millions as far as i am concern, because raid gear should only be obtainable through raid, not just bought from crafter.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

IrishTR
01.16.2013 , 10:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post

You can save money by farming the easier green/blue/purple mats from zones/crew skills and then purchase the Stabilizers (or do Space Heroics and luck out on the boxes from Comms), then contact a crafter usually saves avg of a million off the 2mil+ asking price of the already crafted item. Draw back is you have to wait if the crafter has none on hand. Hey you didn't have one before anyways whats 45mins or so. This is in regards to one mod/armor/enhancement piece obviously.

Yes the costs are what they are does that mean you need to pay nope, plenty of ways to acquire though. Pick your poison basically.