Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

Rafaman
01.15.2013 , 01:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Did this guy just tell people how they should be playing their own game...
Yup. I sure did. Get out of your comfort zone try it... you just may like it. You may not... but try it.

MaximusRex
01.15.2013 , 01:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
dallas dickenson said that but jeff hickman said there will be a world pvp but not a massive world pvp.
Yes, that is what I said.

lollie
01.15.2013 , 01:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yup. I sure did. Get out of your comfort zone try it... you just may like it. You may not... but try it.
You think people haven't tried world pvp (aka ganking) in all the years MMORPGs have been played by them?

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

DakotaDoc
01.15.2013 , 01:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
It looks like all the Ilum stuff is in the open PvP area, so PvP'ers will be able to gank PvE players trying to get their objectives done. So that is a big win for the PvP crowd.

Please do this on PVP servers, I rolled on a PVE server because I don't care for PVP.

irishfino
01.15.2013 , 01:32 PM | #25
I don't really understand the point of open world PvP on PvE servers. Aren't PvP servers open world PvP all the time?
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Zsavooz
01.15.2013 , 01:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Ok... to be fair, I had a completely opposite experience in Outlaws Den. After a few LFG's in chat, a bunch of us gathered at the nearest outpost and went in as a ragtag Ops group. I loved it... I mean, I panned around the camera as we rode in... all of us with different gear, different mounts and one purpose. I swear we needed our own theme music! Lol! Rada by Thomas Bergersen comes to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7j1Vn2TgLY

The Imps were waiting for us with their own army and BAM! It was like a scene out of Braveheart, epic! And to be honest it was the first time I had my adrenaline going since... well, since the first time I faced Soa. And the kicker is that I'm not a PvP player. I have never been in a Warzone period.

My point for all of you, especially PVE folks of which I am one, is simply put down your pitch fork and just play the game as it is designed. You may find new ways to play and enjoy the game.

Bravo BW! Yes! A PVE section in the midst of an open world PvP raises the stakes. It takes us PVE'rs out of our comfort zone makes the game exciting. I welcome the overlap of game play and game styles. You adapt... or you fail to realize the games full potential.
ok, putting pitch fork down but just this once after you made me laugh.

lollie
01.15.2013 , 01:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
I don't really understand the point of open world PvP on PvE servers. Aren't PvP servers open world PvP all the time?
It's pretty obvious - pvpers don't actually like open world pvp unless they can gank some pvers. There's little to no world pvp on pvp servers, they need to find pve players before it can happen.

Bioware is just enabling these clowns.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

LUCASCASADEIS
01.15.2013 , 01:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DakotaDoc View Post
Please do this on PVP servers, I rolled on a PVE server because I don't care for PVP.
i think they said something about this in the livestream, the world pvp in ilum will be in pvp server i think... i am not pretty sure but i think i heard that

Durasturan
01.15.2013 , 01:50 PM | #29
It's pretty obvious - pvpers don't actually like open world pvp unless they can gank some pvers. There's little to no world pvp on pvp servers, they need to find pve players before it can happen.

... this has got to be some kind of joke right? clearly you don't play on a PVP server and clearly you never played Ilum when there were still rewards for doing it.

PvPers don't want to "gank pvers" they want to have rewards for engaging in the kinds of content that they play. Just like PvEers get rewards for daily quests for PvEing, PvPers want rewards, credits, comms, something for engaging in PvP.

Back when Ilum still had rewards it was packed. Every day like clockwork a massive column of Sith would roll out onto the icy plains to do battle against an equal sized column of Republic soldiers. A hundred strong at least they'd fight across the tundra, rocks and blaster bolts and lightning skipping through the chilled alien sky.

Now you see, this put a tremendous stress on their servers and on the clients and the Hero Engine simply could not handle the load. It would crash servers, bring down entire systems, drop players to 1FPS. They pulled it to redesign it in such a way that their client and servers could handle the stresses of the end result.

TLDR: PvPers don't want to gank PvEers they want to PvP and receive similar rewards for time invested in content that PvEers receive for dailies. They want a an OPvP zone implemented in such a way they can get more than 5FPS with their 3.4GHZ i7 and 2gb GPUs lol.

DakotaDoc
01.15.2013 , 01:52 PM | #30

He speketh the truth.