Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

LUCASCASADEIS
01.15.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
hi everyone. in this post:http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

they talk about bring back the world pvp (not massive world pvp) in the next update 1.7

not with the new details of 1.7 http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates, there is nothing about world pvp. are they gonna bring it? i think that is the more impportant feature of this update.

my question is. are they gonna bring a world pvp (not massive)?

Acks
01.15.2013 , 12:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post

they talk about bring back the world pvp (not massive world pvp) in the next update 1.7

not with the new details of 1.7 http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates, there is nothing about world pvp. are they gonna bring it? i think that is the more impportant feature of this update.

Yea if Bioware could go into some detail about ilum that would be great /bump
"True strength lays between dark and light, It is there where you will find true power" - Jarith Keign

-Sirus-
01.15.2013 , 12:16 PM | #3
My guess is that some element of the recurring event will be pvp.

_Darkstar
01.15.2013 , 12:19 PM | #4
It looks like all the Ilum stuff is in the open PvP area, so PvP'ers will be able to gank PvE players trying to get their objectives done. So that is a big win for the PvP crowd.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Jack_Deth
01.15.2013 , 12:21 PM | #5
The game already does have world pvp, on pvp servers anyway. It sounds like the plan is to have a recurring event in the center of the Ilum warzone as an incentive to increase World PVP. The only point to Ilum warzone as it is right now is to World PVP which got old fast. This adds another reason to be out there, kind of like the rakghoul event having World PVP on Tatooine dune sea.

LUCASCASADEIS
01.15.2013 , 12:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
It looks like all the Ilum stuff is in the open PvP area, so PvP'ers will be able to gank PvE players trying to get their objectives done. So that is a big win for the PvP crowd.
that doesn't make sense. does it?

Zellzin
01.15.2013 , 12:38 PM | #7
I hope so!
"Query: Can I kill him now, master? I would like ever so much to crush his neck. Just a little. It is a long-time fantasy of mine." HK-47

Ansalem
01.15.2013 , 12:39 PM | #8
it doesnt sound like we are getting any world pvp anytime soon. It sounds like they are turning ilum into wintergrasp/tol barad where you queue up for a fight and whoever wins gets to kill the pve boss.

LUCASCASADEIS
01.15.2013 , 12:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
it doesnt sound like we are getting any world pvp anytime soon. It sounds like they are turning ilum into wintergrasp/tol barad where you queue up for a fight and whoever wins gets to kill the pve boss.
jeff hickman said:

In our Game Update 1.7 you should look forward to some interesting changes to a special PvP area that you have all been asking about (sorry for being cryptic, but this is technically not announced yet), as well as a visit from some old friends, The Gree Enclave (though maybe not in a way you would expect

and

We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but its quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvPwell, thats a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

Malastare
01.15.2013 , 12:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post

Did you even read the page you linked to:

We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year

They are re-doing the entire area. I'd put my money on the whole place being re-made. Different landforms. Different transport. No auto-PvP-flag.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the place that answered your own question. So much easier that way.