Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonoku
01.15.2013 , 02:37 PM | #21
The reputation system will be fantastic, I had a good time with it in swg. I just wonder if the reputation grind will bring any amount of xp or legacy xp at all.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Washingtoon
01.15.2013 , 02:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.
But isnt the Ilum faction based, whereas the Den is FFA?

Altyrell
01.15.2013 , 02:44 PM | #23
No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.
However, unlike the Outlaw's Den, you cannot be attacked by Players of your own side.

Altyrell
01.15.2013 , 02:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
But isnt the Ilum faction based, whereas the Den is FFA?
Correct

irishfino
01.15.2013 , 02:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Actually technically speaking Legacy was retroactive. The system to gain legacy experience was there on day 1. You could just not do anything with it at the time.
Really? I don't remember that at all. Then again, my memory isn't the best on things like that. Thanks for the info!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.15.2013 , 02:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCCommanderDan View Post
I hope the update hits the PTS soon...next week marks 6 weeks after 1.6 released.
They said to expect 8 or 9 this time due to holidays. Still I hope it hits PTS soon as well. Also I hope they will finally allow character transfers to PTS again

Quraswren
01.15.2013 , 02:48 PM | #27
Exactly but it seems developers these days think those that sign up on PVE servers secretly want to be forced into PVP just to see some new content. Content everyone wants to see but with the goal to make sure PVE players get ganked through forced PVP when trying to see new content.

It would be nice if BW would just label this portion of content for PVP (if it actually is more PVP orientated) so the ones that dislike PVP can just skip all the talk about it cause they would then know it's definitely not for them.

Maybe BW will enlighten us with more information sooner than later.

Devlonir
01.15.2013 , 02:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
It would be nice to fix the bucketloads of outstanding bugs, some of which have been around since 1.4 or earlier, before releasing new content which creates even more bugs. Besides the many known issues, there are many that you either have not acknowledged or are unaware of:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...90#post5728690
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583611
Please please please.. just stop this horrible and unreasonable complaint every time new content is announced. It is getting old and has been pointed out many times that this logic is completely flawed.

An MMO that stops to either fix bugs for new content, or stops making new content to fix bugs, has basicly admitted defeat. The game needs to continue doing both to stay healthy.

Man, that this is the first response to a long awaited announcement about the last content patch before RotHC just really rubs me the wrong way. How much of a whiner can you be.

Show me a game without bugs, and then you can make this complaint.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Lyriel
01.15.2013 , 02:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
However, unlike the Outlaw's Den, you cannot be attacked by Players of your own side.
Good to know. Not that it will cut down the number of griefers to zero... but at least I'll have an idea beforehand.

Yes, I realize I can avoid going there - my point is that if they are putting PvE objectives and rewards there, I can't avoid it if I want to complete them. I rolled on a PvE server for a reason - so that I could have a complete PvE experience without PvP.

If they are all PvP objectives with PvP rewards, then that's cool - I don't need to obsess about what I'd be missing since I wouldn't miss it. And I certainly don't begrudge PvP folks an event, please don't think that I do. If that's what this is, I think that'd be great - too little love for straight PvPers, especially in non-instanced spaces. A strictly PvP event would be awesome for you. But that's not what it sounds like.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

moonshoter
01.15.2013 , 02:55 PM | #30
Was wondering when we would get faction grinding . ... I love doing it on WoW will here to ...