Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ARCCommanderDan
01.15.2013 , 01:52 PM | #11
I hope the update hits the PTS soon...next week marks 6 weeks after 1.6 released.

Lyriel
01.15.2013 , 02:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Burning-Beard View Post
I assume that the Gree thing is going to be part of the much-talked about "Ilum revamp".

To my knowledge, Bioware's never said it was going to be a PvP revamp. I expect all PvP stuff on the western half of Ilum will just be removed outright.
  • It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

XCoolGamerProX
01.15.2013 , 02:06 PM | #13
IM really exited about this event
want so see a lot of people on this event
but the problem is that the character transfer is not back yet
TBH im still on an US server then a EU server
Im willing to pay just to transfer my char. im tired of never doing ops or doing late night, early WZ's

shudon
01.15.2013 , 02:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
  • It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.
Man I hope so. I almost never PVP mostly because I don't enjoy running warzones over and over but if there was some kind of objective... IE holding this position opens up the area boss or something like that then I would be down for that.

To your earlier question of why they like to gank, because you hate it. Some people want to watch the world burn, that's never going to change.

Master-Nala
01.15.2013 , 02:20 PM | #15
So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.
Maybe wait and see how it works....
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Dire
01.15.2013 , 02:24 PM | #16
So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.
PVE Server = solved.
Characters: Dire / Direforce Legacy Name: Immortal
2.0 Vengeance PvP! Episode 1: The Civil War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8eNESEwaU

ninjonxb
01.15.2013 , 02:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Unlikely. As far as I know, Legacy wasn't so it makes sense that this would fall in the same category, but I would love for BioWare to prove me wrong on this. I have so many alts...
Actually technically speaking Legacy was retroactive. The system to gain legacy experience was there on day 1. You could just not do anything with it at the time.
So comparing the 2 would not be good. Unless this is something Bioware has been planning on and held all this data in the background. I doubt this will be retroactive unless a simple script could get the necessary data from all of the other data it is on your characters.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Lyriel
01.15.2013 , 02:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dire View Post
PVE Server = solved.
No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

Raansu
01.15.2013 , 02:35 PM | #19
No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.
Then don't go there. Or better yet, don't go there alone.

Sutaka
01.15.2013 , 02:37 PM | #20
Feel free not to participate.
I, on the other hand, will be.
Quote:
"We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe."
Keep dreaming Georg, keep dreaming.