Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am your key demo... and you're losing me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am your key demo... and you're losing me.

Ceyvel
01.15.2013 , 08:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
No offense to the OP, but you get what you deserve, for a lot of us the "final straw" came months ago, many stopped playing altogether, many took breaks and some just kept playing, but when we hit OUR point that we said "hey, this isn't working", we had to contend with you guys countering every complaint with a "everything is great" through all the lost subs "everything is great", people like you gave the DEVS cover to continue to make bad decisions and run the game the way they wanted (into the ground as it were), instead of responding to what the majority of their customers wanted, now most of those DEVS are jobless and you guys finally get it, sorry but recolored armor treats are how this game has been run from day one.
So many fools in this topic...

Quote:
I've really tried to keep my chin up about this game. Been subscribed since launch. Leveled all 8 classes to 50 just to see the story. Still play every day. Furthermore I have spent over a hundred dollars each month on cartel items, mostly packs. I don't cry on the forums or otherwise cause trouble. I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle. I am the guy you want to keep playing this game.
Now point me at the sentence where he said he had been arguing with dissatisfied people on forums.

I thought so. So sad you are not the only one irrationally hating the person for simply raising a complaint.

He wanted to vent of his frustration in a very civil way, which is an extremely rare thing to happen on forums. Yes, other people complained about these things some time ago, but I haven't seen any constructive complains in a while and the author had all rights to bring this topic back on top for further discussion. Because clearly Bioware swallowed all the earlier complains on that matter.

Going back to what this thread is about, I mostly agree with what was said in the first post, especially the part where the author spoke about Makeb. I very much hope the expansion will indeed expand the game, rather than reskin the existing content and disguise it behind a planet storyline.

Cretinus
01.15.2013 , 08:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
...gave the DEVS cover to continue to make bad decisions and run the game the way they wanted (into the ground as it were), instead of responding to what the majority of their customers wanted, now most of those DEVS are jobless...
What in hell's name is supposed to be this nebulous stuff that "the majority of the customers" unanimously wants?! Do you really believe that somebody would get sacked for not taking this mystery into account?
Cretinus again! What a great post!

DarthAnaethil
01.15.2013 , 08:59 AM | #23
So TOR has a market to buy stuff that most mmos don't have and you complain about not getting a certain items. I don't get it. Entitlement issues...
CEO but still the same as everybody else

DarthTHC
01.15.2013 , 09:05 AM | #24
Sorry you're not the key demographic now.

People who spend a years' worth of subscription dollars on day 1 of a gambling pack release are now "key demo".

Oh, wait. I re-read OP. You are their key demographic, spending upwards of $100 a month on gambling packs. Congrats.

Learn to vote with your wallet.

Liquidacid
01.15.2013 , 09:16 AM | #25
no

/thread
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

DevonDs
01.15.2013 , 09:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I think the OP is right. They need to continue the class story. I'm still playing, have from before the official lauch, and still am. I'm patient, but its hard, when you dont hear any news or see anything that excites. I support the cartel market too, (I like clothes) but there isn't really anything that really pops out at me as being wonderful. The most exciting thing to me right now are Outlaw's boots. That's it.

I don't see why the OP shouldn't voice his opinion here, it certainly doesn't stop anyone else, and why should he be any different than anyone else.

True I've had my disappointments too, and unless they involved misrepresented products and real money, I don't say anything, and when I do, its more or less to save someone else money and frustration.

So ya, I'd like to see class stories continue, even if they only voice the companions parts, I'd be fine with that. More companion stuff...and hell, while I'm wishing, new classes and class stories, cause I've done all of them atleast 5 times...sw...proabably about 8 times lol.
We will most likely never see anymore class story, I say that because Class Story is the one thing they give away as FTP. This means they can't monetize it, which means they will never do it.
Though I suppose if they could figure out how to put class story access into gambling packs without losing thier marketing shtick of "Play the entire class story for free" then they may end up doing it.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

TUXs
01.15.2013 , 09:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Skallgrimson View Post
Now for the third month in a row you release nothing but re-skinned items on the cartel market.
Can I just ask...why would they change their approach then? You alone are dropping an extra hundred a month on junk. Why would they add more difficult stuff when you've so willingly paid for trash items? Wouldn't they be better off waiting until you stopped buying to roll out the "good" stuff?! You've already proven you'll buy anything...they don't need to entice you.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Zataos
01.15.2013 , 09:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceyvel View Post
So many fools in this topic...

Now point me at the sentence where he said he had been arguing with dissatisfied people on forums.

I thought so. So sad you are not the only one irrationally hating the person for simply raising a complaint.

He wanted to vent of his frustration in a very civil way, which is an extremely rare thing to happen on forums. Yes, other people complained about these things some time ago, but I haven't seen any constructive complains in a while and the author had all rights to bring this topic back on top for further discussion. Because clearly Bioware swallowed all the earlier complains on that matter.

Going back to what this thread is about, I mostly agree with what was said in the first post, especially the part where the author spoke about Makeb. I very much hope the expansion will indeed expand the game, rather than reskin the existing content and disguise it behind a planet storyline.
Answer: "I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle"

I guess reading isn't your strong suit, it figures as with your type it usually isn't.

The point is that those that constantly defend the game against the big bad meanies eventually reap what they have sewn, which is expectations of mediocrity.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Skallgrimson
01.15.2013 , 09:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MikWesten View Post
Dude you're no different to anyone else who's played SWTOR, ended up being bitterly disappointed by "something" about the game, & thought that their viewpoint was unique enough to deserve its own dedicated QQ thread.
You know what? You're absolutely right. "Disappointment" is the word. Although I hardly feel my viewpoint is unique.

I also respectfully disagree with the "entitlement" argument. I am aware that this game owes me nothing. It's just that after being a long time supporter and advocate... it's getting harder and harder to keep my chin up about this game. And that saddens me.

Recently, I attended a social gathering with several friends who used to play SWTOR. As usual, I took the Pro-SWTOR side of the debate. I was able to successfully argue many points but when the subject of the Cartel Market and Re-Skins came up I really didn't have solid footing for rebuttal.

I categorically deny that Quit or Shut Up are my only two options. BW has stated many times that these forums are the place for community feedback and I just wanted to put my views out there.

I humbly apologize to anyone who felt there time wasted by reading this thread... but in irony I have to reply... "then don't read it."
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise... seek what they sought. -Basho
Captain Egil Skallgrimson, SWG Veteran, /secretsmugglerhandshake
Owner/Operator of The Jester's Mask, Einjeriar

uziforyou
01.15.2013 , 09:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Really? I mean really?
C'mon, the OP is clearly pissing and moaning about not getting a shiny from the gamble packs...
If you seen anything else in there, you're just reaching.
Did you even read the OP? He says specifically that he's been able to purchase all he's wanted but is disappointed with the reskinned products that are the major things available in the cartel shop. Just which 'shiny' didn't he get that he's complaining about?

Reading comprehension FTW.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."