Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I am your key demo... and you're losing me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am your key demo... and you're losing me.

Skallgrimson's Avatar


Skallgrimson
01.15.2013 , 01:49 AM | #1
Those that I hope to read this have the ability to check my account and verify that I'm telling the truth.

I've really tried to keep my chin up about this game. Been subscribed since launch. Leveled all 8 classes to 50 just to see the story. Still play every day. Furthermore I have spent over a hundred dollars each month on cartel items, mostly packs. I don't cry on the forums or otherwise cause trouble. I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle. I am the guy you want to keep playing this game.


Now for the third month in a row you release nothing but re-skinned items on the cartel market. With the minor exception of one or two uber-rare items that, despite purchasing hundreds of dollars in packs each month, have yet to drop for me. I have been able to purchase these items from other players with in-game credits so this is not a QQ thread about not getting what I want.

This thread is about the realization I've had about the Cartel Market and the game moving forward. I think I can honestly say that I've supported the Cartel Market enthusiastically. But, re-skins just aren't doing it for me anymore. And then to find out there will be no class story in the expansion. The best thing about this game is the Story and it seems you've given up on it.

I imagine by now you've stopped reading so I'll sum up. I am your key demo and you are losing me. I'm not here to piss and moan but I really think you should take a good hard look at key demo feedback not just those who cry the loudest. If the expansion is 90% re-skins of what's already in the game... I don't see myself subscribing for much longer.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise... seek what they sought. -Basho
Captain Egil Skallgrimson, SWG Veteran, /secretsmugglerhandshake
Owner/Operator of The Jester's Mask, Einjeriar

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
01.15.2013 , 02:00 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Skallgrimson View Post
I'm not here to piss and moan.....
Yes you are.
BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

MikWesten's Avatar


MikWesten
01.15.2013 , 02:05 AM | #3
Dude you're no different to anyone else who's played SWTOR, ended up being bitterly disappointed by "something" about the game, & thought that their viewpoint was unique enough to deserve its own dedicated QQ thread.

Minack's Avatar


Minack
01.15.2013 , 02:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skallgrimson View Post
Those that I hope to read this have the ability to check my account and verify that I'm telling the truth.

I've really tried to keep my chin up about this game. Been subscribed since launch. Leveled all 8 classes to 50 just to see the story. Still play every day. Furthermore I have spent over a hundred dollars each month on cartel items, mostly packs. I don't cry on the forums or otherwise cause trouble. I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle. I am the guy you want to keep playing this game.


Now for the third month in a row you release nothing but re-skinned items on the cartel market. With the minor exception of one or two uber-rare items that, despite purchasing hundreds of dollars in packs each month, have yet to drop for me. I have been able to purchase these items from other players with in-game credits so this is not a QQ thread about not getting what I want.

This thread is about the realization I've had about the Cartel Market and the game moving forward. I think I can honestly say that I've supported the Cartel Market enthusiastically. But, re-skins just aren't doing it for me anymore. And then to find out there will be no class story in the expansion. The best thing about this game is the Story and it seems you've given up on it.

I imagine by now you've stopped reading so I'll sum up. I am your key demo and you are losing me. I'm not here to piss and moan but I really think you should take a good hard look at key demo feedback not just those who cry the loudest. If the expansion is 90% re-skins of what's already in the game... I don't see myself subscribing for much longer.


BW has TOR on autopilot and they're going to get away with it as long as people continue to do this.

BaronV's Avatar


BaronV
01.15.2013 , 02:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Skallgrimson
I'm not here to piss and moan.....


Yes you are.
Yeah because everyone who ever has anything negative to say about this game is an evil moaner/QQer right?

By all means keep living on cloud9 until the day the seawater touches your imaginary fanboy cloud. Then youll start QQing because you and many others like you shot down every legitimate complaint about this game and now its too late to stop the TORtanic from going underwater...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Mowermanx's Avatar


Mowermanx
01.15.2013 , 02:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Yeah because everyone who ever has anything negative to say about this game is an evil moaner/QQer right?

By all means keep living on cloud9 until the day the seawater touches your imaginary fanboy cloud. Then youll start QQing because you and many others like you shot down every legitimate complaint about this game and now its too late to stop the TORtanic from going underwater...
Really? I mean really?
C'mon, the OP is clearly pissing and moaning about not getting a shiny from the gamble packs...
If you seen anything else in there, you're just reaching.

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
01.15.2013 , 02:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Yeah because everyone who ever has anything negative to say about this game is an evil moaner/QQer right?

By all means keep living on cloud9 until the day the seawater touches your imaginary fanboy cloud. Then youll start QQing because you and many others like you shot down every legitimate complaint about this game and now its too late to stop the TORtanic from going underwater...
If you say so.

Use your illusion.
BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Toweleeeie's Avatar


Toweleeeie
01.15.2013 , 02:37 AM | #8
People buying cartel packs need to stop or leave the game. People buying actual items need to buy more!
I like turtles

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.15.2013 , 02:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MikWesten View Post
Dude you're no different to anyone else who's played SWTOR, ended up being bitterly disappointed by "something" about the game, & thought that their viewpoint was unique enough to deserve its own dedicated QQ thread.
^This

AgentJacen's Avatar


AgentJacen
01.15.2013 , 02:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Really? I mean really?
C'mon, the OP is clearly pissing and moaning about not getting a shiny from the gamble packs...
If you seen anything else in there, you're just reaching.
The OP is clearly annoyed that BioWare aren't putting enough effort into this game and just giving us re-skins.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan