Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subbed for a month, won't be back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Subbed for a month, won't be back

CaptRavenous
02.06.2013 , 11:14 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by KhodaKat View Post
There are certainly a lot of flaws in the game.. no game is perfect.. but "It's too hard" is not a legitimate complaint.. sorry..
Agreed. I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online back in 1999. SW:TOR is BY FAR the easiest MMO I have ever played.

One of the reasons I like it so much. Only classes that could be considered "harder than the others" is Smuggler & Operative, and even then, that's not saying much.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Dimvou
02.07.2013 , 12:30 AM | #82
It's by far the easieft MMO i have ever played,
and i don't mean that i have millions of credits to buy things.
By easy what i mean is :
1)When you get a companion you can stay alive with the least possible effort
2)Class Stories are so easy that the only way to actually die is take your hands off the keyborad.
3)FP and SM raids are so easy that you don't even "have" to move out from the circles on the ground.You can just stay there,absorb the dmg and that's it.
4)You can get the 2nd best gear in the game,without ever stepping foot on a raid(and you get if fast as well).

Seriously IMO the game needs to tune up it's difficulty

oslek
02.07.2013 , 11:51 AM | #83
I'm sorry but if you think TOR was not casual friendly enough then you need to stop playing MMOs. I haven't played another game that holds your hand as much as this one does.

Fayme
02.07.2013 , 01:17 PM | #84
I have rerolled on another server after F2P launched, and general chat on the starter planet and major city planet (Drommund Kaas/Corascant) was SO bad it would've made my eyes bleed if I didn't ignore it. If that is all you saw from this community then no wonder it's one of the reasons you quit playing.

I will repeat what's been said (briefly). It takes longer than a month get to get know people and find decent players in any MMO, not just this one. Only giving it a month and playing to just level 20 dimishes the credibility to some of your arguements, particularly the ones specific to this game. It's a shame you didn't give it more of chance, but I would never encourage anyone to play something they didn't enjoy. It's a game it is suppose to be fun.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

DarthWalt
02.08.2013 , 07:21 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
May I just remind people that before FTP came about, there was a trial game that limited your character to L11/L13 something like that? My point is that, free or not, if someone has spent a reasonable amount of time trying out several classes - as the OP appears to have done - then any opinion they hold is completely valid. Would any of us continue to play a game after 20 levels repeated on several classes if we didn't enjoy it? I don't think so and BW were obviously of the opinion that far less than 20 levels was enough of a taster.

Most players agree that the individual class storyline is the strength of this particular MMO and many would agree the 'endgame' content is one of its weaknesses, so to attempt to invalidate the OP's opinion simply because they didn't get to endgame is ridiculous.

I love the game but I hope I never love it to the extent I let fanboisim skew my view of the bigger picture. Nothing the OP wrote was 'wrong' because it was his personal opinion. The fact that I agree with him on a few of his points also adds weight to his opinions that I didn't share. But either way, all his opinions deserve respect.

So basicly what your saying is that if I take one taste of 5 flavors of ice cream that makes me a pro ice cream taster so I wont ever need to finish any ice cream cause I already know what 5 flavors taste like cause I tried it once?

His opinions dont deserve anything cause they are just that his opinion. The fact is he has only played enough of the game to comment on a very small % of what the game has to offer yet openly make asumsions as to how everything class player and world will be after 20.

So no he is a troll that never wanted to like the game never thought enough of it to play the whole thing and now expects we should all hop on the band wagon cause he is not informed about the game and thinks is blows.

Themanthatisi
02.08.2013 , 08:48 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
The game do sent even start until level 50 so don't whine and b*tch how you took the adventure and didn't enjoy it cause you didn't take the adventure... you didn't even leave the parking lot.
Even though I LOVE the game, at 50, to me, its time for a new toon and story.... I never liked MMO's and I never will fully embrace them, but the 1-50 on this game is as close to KOTOR3 as I may ever see, so I am eating it all up.

There is definitly 2 crouds in ths game, the MMO croud and the RPG croud.... I am in the latter.

However, playing with my wife at the same time has helped me apreciate what a MMO can do for a game more, but we do keep to ourself and avoid groups and guilds. We can do just about all heroics and the ones we cant to, we pass on by....

As for the OP, I agree that the ninja looters can make one mad, so when do my wife and I do? We get them back the second we can....

space missions, we do not even bother with them... I did when the game launched, but not anymore.

Crafting, I am 100% agreeing... so, we dont craft, we gather and sell for nice profits on GTN.

my point... Make due in the areas you can, this game is much better then so many others say.... Life after 50 for us will begin with the expansion, can't wait. :-)

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 08:52 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimvou View Post
It's by far the easieft MMO i have ever played,
and i don't mean that i have millions of credits to buy things.
By easy what i mean is :
1)When you get a companion you can stay alive with the least possible effort
2)Class Stories are so easy that the only way to actually die is take your hands off the keyborad.
3)FP and SM raids are so easy that you don't even "have" to move out from the circles on the ground.You can just stay there,absorb the dmg and that's it.
4)You can get the 2nd best gear in the game,without ever stepping foot on a raid(and you get if fast as well).
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
I'm sorry but if you think TOR was not casual friendly enough then you need to stop playing MMOs. I haven't played another game that holds your hand as much as this one does.
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
Agreed. I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online back in 1999. SW:TOR is BY FAR the easiest MMO I have ever played.
^^^This.

Aside from NiM EC (and 5+ DT and Dreadful Entity since I have attempted those) I haven't found any of the content super difficult.

I can't imagine struggling to GET Khem Val. Khem Val was the first companion I got and getting him was super easy. What exactly is the challenge the OP was experiencing - the droids? Those droids are not a challenge.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

KariTalRathe
02.08.2013 , 09:00 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
So basicly what your saying is that if I take one taste of 5 flavors of ice cream that makes me a pro ice cream taster so I wont ever need to finish any ice cream cause I already know what 5 flavors taste like cause I tried it once?

His opinions dont deserve anything cause they are just that his opinion. The fact is he has only played enough of the game to comment on a very small % of what the game has to offer yet openly make asumsions as to how everything class player and world will be after 20.

So no he is a troll that never wanted to like the game never thought enough of it to play the whole thing and now expects we should all hop on the band wagon cause he is not informed about the game and thinks is blows.
Your first and last paragraphs are ridiculous and nothing to do with anything I wrote. As for your middle comment, I will ask the following:
  • At what stage do you decide whether a game is one you will enjoy enough to continue to play?
  • Bearing in mind that L50 combat is the same as combat during the early levels, wouldn't you say that if someone didn't enjoy the combat mechanism at L20 they are unlikely to enjoy it at L50 (note for clarity: more skills does not change a combat system)?
  • Outside of instanced operations, what exactly does the game offer at L50 that it doesn't offer at sub-L50? (Sub-50 PvP? Check. Sub-50 FPs? Check. Bosses that take several groups to beat? Check).

The OP didn't enjoy his experience during and after a month of playing and he explained why eloquently and with a lot of humour. Get over someone not enjoying a game you do enjoy. His opinion is perfectly acceptable, valid and does not necessitate the defensive soundbite comments that only serve to make those replying in such a manner look the troll, not the OP.

Crazyknight
02.08.2013 , 09:38 AM | #89
I agreed for the most part.

Space Combat we all know its just horrible the few people that really enjoy it , I assumed are doing the best they can to enjoy it with what they got or havent really play a fun space combat experience before.

The RPing I haven't tried but havent seen much of it either.

The community on my server is not bad and kinda helpfull to be honest but it also feels like theirs some seriousness or quit dissapointment on the air that nobody talks about certaintly not vivid and super fun community more like a bunch of people getting out of work to play a game they want to finish (story) to move on to another mmo , I think thats what it feels like a mmo that people are playing just waiting for something better.

Quests rewards I agreed and one shouldnt be forced to level 50 levels to start enjoying the game because the ''game starts at level 50'' thats just stupid.

The one thing that has kept me going and that I really am enjoying compared to other mmos is the pvp while a lot of QQing , I find the pvp in this game the most balanced of recently release mmos and even older ones , sure theres classes stronger than others but the stronger classes always have a counter class or a few weaknesses you can exploit with teamwork and thats what the pvp feels here like it was design with groups in mind not 1 v 1 .
Sadly pvp wont hold me forever since I hate having to grind pvp gear everytime a pvp designer sneezes and decides to add pvp gear or a new expansion comes and the warzones while fun for a while its just not enough , I need world pvp , pvp dynamic events , arenas or at the very least more warzones put in more frequently , I know they put the new one recenlty but aside from the fact that the randomizer for queing is f'up and I barely get to play the new one ( to the point I forget it exists and get surprised when I see the loading screen) it just gets boring fast .

The way I picture Ilum ( a pvp planet!!!) I was ready to pack my stuff and live in Ilum forever just pvping until I die and die and die again but like Space combat they didnt deliver and now is just a dead planet.

Going to move on from this game soon to try GW2 pvp or maybe Neverwinter online which looks kinda really good but my wish is to someday have a genuine fun Star Wars mmo out there . Maybe a mix of SWTOR and SWG or something new but something fun. I guess I can hope since the franchise will now be alive for a long time thanks to Disney and they will exploit it more than they have marvel but I am not holding my breath since it is Disney and they havent handle marvel very well in the game department or rather the cartoons and series making the game developers work with a marvel tone that isnt the same as it was. keep wqishing and hoping maybe a Jedi Knight 3 , Battlefront 3 ,Republic Commando 2 and /or Galactic Empire 2 will come out in the future and make me happy.
"For me Revan will always be that shadowy figure with no true form or substance, representative of nothing and everything at the same time. " -Drew Karpyshyn

SageGaspar
02.09.2013 , 02:52 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by LostInReverie View Post
Yeah, I do the same thing, never level more than 2 characters at the same time and always opposite faction. Right now I'm focusing on a Vanguard and a Sorc.
Yeah, a couple people I know basically killed the game for themselves by playing too many characters at once. Ended up going through Belsavis multiple times in a row and just burned out before even getting one to 50.