Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subbed for a month, won't be back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Subbed for a month, won't be back

TalkingDinosaur
01.15.2013 , 03:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bespinsystem View Post
Lots of assumptions in your spoiler there, Bucko.

1). Clone Wars Adventures is 6 bucks a month, that is confirmed. You must have assumed I was talking about SWTOR's sub, which I wasn't. You didn't read very carefully. And that's kind of what is wrong with humanity. To be fair, it's a long post, but if you're going to take the time out of your busy day to reprimand my opinions, you'd better make sure you actually read what you're flaming.

2). A month is plenty of time to get to know the community of the game you are trying out. Historically, most free trials (when there were free trials) were 14-30 days. I'm sure there are plenty of good players swimming in the sea of mediocrity of the SWTOR playerbase. But I didn't find them. They were probably afk in the Fleet while their companions were doing missions (and yes, I know all about companion missions, my point was it's still a time and inventory-consuming process, any way you look at it.

3). When was the last time you rolled a new toon? Have you done so since F2P went live? I suspect you haven't (now obviously you are going to type you have....probably 8 dozen, just to gainsay my experience. But my heart tells me you're lying). If you had, you'd know it's pretty rough. And for all I know you're one of the ninjas, and have no problems with other players doing so. you're also probably a pvper. Now I'M making sweeping generalizations. Not very nice, is it?

4). I know mileage varies on MMOs. The bottom line is this. SWTOR should be a better game than it is. I highly doubt many would disagree with that. Oh and btw, I hardly think the code for TIE Fighter would blow a BioWare coder's mind. It's an 18 year old game, and it's better than the space combat in SWTOR, taking a fraction of the resources and memory.

5). I've played LOTRO. Leveling up in that game is a lot more enjoyable than the first 20 levels of SWTOR. Also, keep this in mind: in the past 30 days, over 8 toons, I gained 160 levels. And none of those levels were particularly remarkable, innovative, insightful or, for lack of a better word, fun.

Like I said, I respect the opinions of people who think there's nothing wrong with SWTOR. However, I expect those people, including you, to respect my opinion that it's a steaming pile. So good luck to you, and have fun afking in the Fleet.

And to the individual who asks what's the point of the long winded post about my displeasure with the game? Well, to let the community know what I think of the game, right? I'm not real concerned whether you care or not, but my opinion, as a paying customer, is going to be on public record. And that's that.
LOTRO grind is more enjoyable than SWTOR's?

Lies and Slander.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

ZIMMOZMAN
01.15.2013 , 03:29 AM | #12
please stop posting you played till lvl 20 with 8 toons in a month which is nothing you didnt even give the game a chance, oh no it not like this game but it like this game but it not like this game who cares it SWTOR not SWG or LOTRO.
From all of us from the SWTOR community we say bye bye, your just a sad baby who spent more time writing a post then playing the actual game.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

CaptRavenous
01.15.2013 , 03:44 AM | #13
Lots of assumptions in your spoiler there, Bucko.

1). Clone Wars Adventures is 6 bucks a month, that is confirmed. You must have assumed I was talking about SWTOR's sub, which I wasn't. You didn't read very carefully. And that's kind of what is wrong with humanity. To be fair, it's a long post, but if you're going to take the time out of your busy day to reprimand my opinions, you'd better make sure you actually read what you're flaming.

2). A month is plenty of time to get to know the community of the game you are trying out. Historically, most free trials (when there were free trials) were 14-30 days. I'm sure there are plenty of good players swimming in the sea of mediocrity of the SWTOR playerbase. But I didn't find them. They were probably afk in the Fleet while their companions were doing missions (and yes, I know all about companion missions, my point was it's still a time and inventory-consuming process, any way you look at it.

3). When was the last time you rolled a new toon? Have you done so since F2P went live? I suspect you haven't (now obviously you are going to type you have....probably 8 dozen, just to gainsay my experience. But my heart tells me you're lying). If you had, you'd know it's pretty rough. And for all I know you're one of the ninjas, and have no problems with other players doing so. you're also probably a pvper. Now I'M making sweeping generalizations. Not very nice, is it?

4). I know mileage varies on MMOs. The bottom line is this. SWTOR should be a better game than it is. I highly doubt many would disagree with that. Oh and btw, I hardly think the code for TIE Fighter would blow a BioWare coder's mind. It's an 18 year old game, and it's better than the space combat in SWTOR, taking a fraction of the resources and memory.

5). I've played LOTRO. Leveling up in that game is a lot more enjoyable than the first 20 levels of SWTOR. Also, keep this in mind: in the past 30 days, over 8 toons, I gained 160 levels. And none of those levels were particularly remarkable, innovative, insightful or, for lack of a better word, fun.

Like I said, I respect the opinions of people who think there's nothing wrong with SWTOR. However, I expect those people, including you, to respect my opinion that it's a steaming pile. So good luck to you, and have fun afking in the Fleet.

And to the individual who asks what's the point of the long winded post about my displeasure with the game? Well, to let the community know what I think of the game, right? I'm not real concerned whether you care or not, but my opinion, as a paying customer, is going to be on public record. And that's that.
I'd answer you specifically, word-for-word, if your post were not all kinds of stupid. I can't help but notice how you are still here, posting, hoping to start some kind of crusade and get people to leave the game in droves.

Better people than you have tried, and failed.

Your opinion may be good for you, but that doesn't make it a standard for the rest of humanity. My family and friends love this game, we are having a blast getting all solo and group content done, while doing world PvP role play events together.

Bye, bye. Leave faster, please.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Vigilanis
01.15.2013 , 03:47 AM | #14
It's a shame really, I was a veteran SWG player who has only just started playing this game a few weeks ago, I have two characters up to now and my main is up to level 18, and I am loving every minute of it, it is a great game. No it isn't SWG but then again it never pretended to be, it is it's own entity and a few well posted niggles aside I think it is a great MMO. I for one will be keeping my subscription running.

Bye bye.
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

Rahak
01.15.2013 , 03:55 AM | #15
I have a feeling I won't be back when my month is up.
Kagekvinde

Danylia
01.15.2013 , 03:55 AM | #16
While I don't agree with some of the points OP is presenting (and to be fair, at the same time I have to agree, at least to a degree, with some other ones), I think they are getting some undeserved flak here. They did not ragequit screaming "THIS GAME SUXX AND U ALL SUXX 4 PLAYING IT N00BS", they presented their opinion in pretty polite manner, while stating - explicitly and several times - that it is how they personally see/perceive it. So please, if you are going to disagree and counterargument, do it as they did - politely and in a constructive manner (as some of you already did, to be fair again), instead of the usual "Bye can I have ur stuff".
OP, not every game is for everyone, and I too am sorry that you weren't able to enjoy this one. Good luck in your next gaming.
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSalamander View Post
Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.

EmblemElite
01.15.2013 , 04:43 AM | #17
How are some of these classes hard? You can get by playing commando/merc and vanguard/powertech using 4-5 buttons for PVE.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

Currok
01.15.2013 , 07:15 AM | #18
I read the first couple paragraphs and literally facepalmed and lold at the parts where you said some of the fights on the starter planets are extremely difficult LOL......just unsub and dont come back.

Raansu
01.15.2013 , 08:33 AM | #19
All your nitpicking is the same issues in EVERY MMO. It really sounds to me OP that you should stick to single player games. Honestly, I couldn't help but laugh harder and hard as I read more and more of your long winded post that really had no value to it what so ever. You complained about something that's common to every MMO and didn't really even bother with the actual game play mechanics (which I assume you would never be able to considering you were struggling with fights...lol.)

Your complaints about gearing up are laughable as you have multiple options to gear up through saving planet commendations or taking the green gear the side quests reward you with as well as the GF for flashpoints. Or you could, ya know, craft, which is extremely easy to do. I geared up my last alt through crafting alone, never sent him a single credit from my main and he had full artifacts from level 20-50 (I wait till I get my ship droid to start crafting.)

Have fun doing whatever you are doing next, just make sure the door hits you on the way out.

Naholen
01.15.2013 , 09:37 AM | #20
......The "tutorials" were immersive enough, although I found a disparity in their difficulty levels. The inquisitor's final quest seemed entirely too difficult (I assume pulling to the ledge and force pushing the droids all off is not an exploit, because that's the only way I could do it) and the trooper had an extremely tough quest in the final base on Ord Mantell (apparently you're SUPPOSED to keep zoning back out to med up after every kill to wipe aggro? If so, that's really cheap)..
The only way you will have issues completing those is if you are way too low for them or really badly gear, or have not understood the classes you played at all. I had no problems at all. I soloed all my class quests all the way to 50 and never an issue. I just played smart and played the classes taking advantage of all their capabilities.

Eight level 20s doesn't compare to the experiences you will get at higher levels. It takes me 2 days (RL has to be taken into account after all- I know people that can get 30 in one day) to take a char to 20. If you based all your experience in doing that eight times, it is no wonder you have not enjoyed the game. You have missed everything. Half your month of play was just wasted limiting yourself to 2 to 3 planets. And the same 2 to 3 planets. And doing the same quests. Well of course it was repetitive.

And the RP community.. if you wasted half of your month of playing getting 8 chars to 20, you have had absolutely no time to really interact with them. You have seen a very small subset. You have not been able to create a "char identity" to allow for a decent interaction. No time to make a background story that has made a connection with the current RPrs.

Take one char bring it to 50, then your post can have any weight. Right now, to be honest, and I am sorry to say this, but it makes you look like a fool.
In space no one can hear you scream.