Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.14.2013 , 09:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
I rather be a jerk than cause 3 other people to hate me because I do not know how to play the game and hide the fact than I am new and wasting their time and credits. The benefit of the group is superior than the 1 person in the group. If your new, say so, its not that hard.
I think you've made more than 3 people hate you by making this thread

itsmymillertime
01.14.2013 , 09:43 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
So you're solution is to match their disrespect with some of your own?

When I recognize someone doesn't know what's going on, I take the imitative and tell them. Usually they are appreciative and follow the advise.
this is what I do, last night i held the hand of a merc, left the instance, went to pvp vendor and got him all his recruit gear so we could continue the HM.

Belacose
01.14.2013 , 09:43 AM | #23
lol

OP created this thread expecting high fives.

Skeletun
01.14.2013 , 09:43 AM | #24
While I don't necessarily agree with the OP's method, I can understand where they are coming from. One thing everyone has seemed to overlook is that he asks "IS THERE ANYONE NEW TO THIS FLASHPOINT?". and nobody speaks up. So when they start to wipe I can understand the frustration.
But instead of taking the loot, I think they should:
1) Leave the group and state why.
2) Vote kick the under geared Tank/Healer (Not capable of Tanking/Healing this FP, or Under geared to DPS this FP)
3) Tough it out and hope for the best.

But taking items that you clearly does not need just reflects badly on yourself and will only get you self satisfaction.

Alec_Fortescue
01.14.2013 , 09:44 AM | #25
My point was that the idea of needing on gear that you don't need to pay for repair bills (especially when you're wiping because the other players are undergeared/new) is either an elitist policy or the policy of a jerk. Since you proved you're not elitist, then you're just a jerk.
Who is the jerk in the first place? Someone without a prior knowledge of the hard mode flashpoint (without even going through normal). They're not even wearing appropriate gear, despite being given it for free, they don't communicate and tend to be super-mean after any kind of criticism. This is most disrespectful and I find it reasonable for OP to want to punish them.

Alec_Fortescue
01.14.2013 , 09:45 AM | #26
So you're solution is to match their disrespect with some of your own?

When I recognize someone doesn't know what's going on, I take the imitative and tell them. Usually they are appreciative and follow the advise.
Usually they call me 'nub' and call vote kicks. How dare I criticize a master-overlord tank or a lord-of-life-and-death healer?

Rafaman
01.14.2013 , 09:55 AM | #27
Look Op... I know it can be frustrating... we have all been there at some point but you are only making matters worse. Now... I'm not being a Pollyanna here. These are people you may not want to group with again, but nevertheless these players will pay it forward. Their experience will impact the game even if it is at a lesser extent. So... take the opportunity to make things better.

Repairs... yea... a pain in the arsenal to be sure, but creds aren't a huge deal once you are well geared at 50. There many ways to make quick creds. It's no excuse to ninja gear.

The noob group? My preference is to teach. Hopefully they will listen and most do. Just show them what needs to be done and how. Trust me, most really appreciate it. Personally, on a few occasions, the players have paid my repair bill and then some by sending me creds after the flashpoint. But even if they don't, they will learn the fp, and usually they will take a cue from you to do the same thing you did should they run into an noob group later.

And... if you don't have the creds for repairs or the patience in that instance? Just drop. Much better to do that, save creds and avoid another needless argument over gear you don't need.

The thing that I remember is the first time I ran HMs... this was a while ago when comms runs were not common practice. I remember that, yes... it was hard back then and team work was essential. And it was a great feeling when you managed to get it all done. That is what I want to pay forward... for all of those who helped me when I was a noob trying to figure things out.

Quraswren
01.14.2013 , 09:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Who is the jerk in the first place? Someone without a prior knowledge of the hard mode flashpoint (without even going through normal). They're not even wearing appropriate gear, despite being given it for free, they don't communicate and tend to be super-mean after any kind of criticism. This is most disrespectful and I find it reasonable for OP to want to punish them.
Then you vote kick or leave yourself. You do not continue the run in hopes things get better at the same time taking gear out of spite.

Alec_Fortescue
01.14.2013 , 09:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Then you vote kick or leave yourself. You do not continue the run in hopes things get better at the same time taking gear out of spite.
Of course I'll vote kick.

itsmymillertime
01.14.2013 , 10:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Look Op... I know it can be frustrating... we have all been there at some point but you are only making matters worse. Now... I'm not being a Pollyanna here. These are people you may not want to group with again, but nevertheless these players will pay it forward. Their experience will impact the game even if it is at a lesser extent. So... take the opportunity to make things better.

Repairs... yea... a pain in the arsenal to be sure, but creds aren't a huge deal once you are well geared at 50. There many ways to make quick creds. It's no excuse to ninja gear.

The noob group? My preference is to teach. Hopefully they will listen and most do. Just show them what needs to be done and how. Trust me, most really appreciate it. Personally, on a few occasions, the players have paid my repair bill and then some by sending me creds after the flashpoint. But even if they don't, they will learn the fp, and usually they will take a cue from you to do the same thing you did should they run into an noob group later.

And... if you don't have the creds for repairs or the patience in that instance? Just drop. Much better to do that, save creds and avoid another needless argument over gear you don't need.

The thing that I remember is the first time I ran HMs... this was a while ago when comms runs were not common practice. I remember that, yes... it was hard back then and team work was essential. And it was a great feeling when you managed to get it all done. That is what I want to pay forward... for all of those who helped me when I was a noob trying to figure things out.
your 100 percent right, but I never drop out as the time invested in the fp is not worth it to me. Those you agree to be teached and act mature, I wont need at the end, but the jerks that refuse to change their ways or do not learn from what I said earlier, I will need.