Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

Trollokdamus
02.14.2013 , 07:49 PM | #131
When this thread was created i've found its name ridiculous and was sure that this won't be a popular attitude. But now i can see how it will happen all over the place =/

astrobearx
02.14.2013 , 08:59 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
When this thread was created i've found its name ridiculous and was sure that this won't be a popular attitude. But now i can see how it will happen all over the place =/
indeed, at the time of this thread, this seem like a insane and totally douc che like behavior, but now i see the OP way perfectly acceptable as wiping on HM FP means i gotta pay a huge amount since im a tank (well formerly a tank.)

TheOuroborus
02.15.2013 , 03:51 AM | #133
You are everything that is wrong with end-game players. Such attitude and arrogance. Such unwillingness to help. Selfish and condescending to those who stumble into your little narrow world. I stand against you.

All mmo's end-game content degenerates down to around the same 100 obnoxious guys making life miserable for the rest. Most likely half of them are the devs that are left after launch when all the real creative talent has been fired.

Sure, I'll gear up, but I don't need some turd leaving in the middle of a run because they simply can't be bothered. And calls for stealing someone's belongings? Really? Shame on you all. I cry for the future of the human race.
Q'uo-daax 65 Shadow | Uma-ka 58 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 56 Marauder | Xto'en 65 Sorcerer | A'saj 62 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

Heezdedjim
02.15.2013 , 05:13 AM | #134
I agree. When this was first posted, I had never seen it happen once in game, and thought the OP was just another idiot. Now, I expect this will be par for the course in every PUG FP. What's worse is, it's going to mean everyone needs on everything all the time, "just in case some noob causes a wipe at the end." It just breeds all kinds of needless hate between random players, and if people hate other players, they will soon hate the game. Then they'll stop playing with anyone but their own guild. And then they just stop playing period.

It's amazing how much one zero can screw up an entire game.

Knockerz
02.15.2013 , 05:19 AM | #135
This will only work for a while. Eventually your ignore list will cap and you won't be able to ignore any more new players. If bw ever where to implement cross server queue system this won't work. Finally, people will just start needing items at first simply for repairs, then for gold. It happen in wow and it will happen here.

The way I see pugging is you enter at your own risk. If you don't want high repair cost run only with people you know that don't cause wipes or guild only runs. Otherwise, you just fighting an upward battle you won't win.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Alec_Fortescue
02.15.2013 , 06:48 AM | #136
isn't it? It's crazy and true
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Zipacnaa
02.15.2013 , 06:55 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
isn't it? It's crazy and true
It's already happening

Blackardin
02.15.2013 , 07:52 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win
Last week this was nonsense. With the new repair costs it will become the norm.

Sort of puts this repair cost debacle in perspective.
May the Schwartz be with you....

itsmymillertime
02.15.2013 , 07:55 AM | #139
#winning

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 07:58 AM | #140
Yeah, I had an earlier post in the thread calling out OP for being a horrible gamer because of this attitude, and it was at the time.

Now, however, conditions have changed and I'm not so inclined to retain that opinion.

What a mess...