Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

itsmymillertime's Avatar


itsmymillertime
01.14.2013 , 08:34 AM | #1
This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
01.14.2013 , 08:40 AM | #2
Agreed, if you don't want to run with noobs then quit when you realize they don't know the run. You're just contributing to making theirs and your time worse off.

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
01.14.2013 , 08:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win
So not only do you act terrible in the FP you feel immediately taking all loot and sticking them all on ignore is the "way forward".
Can you tell me your character names and which server you are on? Just so I don't run in to you.

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
01.14.2013 , 08:44 AM | #4
Not often people publically denounce themselves as being a jerk . What's your name and server up front? Just so I can place you on my ignore list directly if same server?
Member of <Helix>

itsmymillertime's Avatar


itsmymillertime
01.14.2013 , 08:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
So not only do you act terrible in the FP you feel immediately taking all loot and sticking them all on ignore is the "way forward".
Can you tell me your character names and which server you are on? Just so I don't run in to you.
I do not put them on ignore, I hope they put me on ignore.

I do HM FP on 16 toons on the Harbinger, I am fair and nice and will greed all loot and ask to need if for companion / alt. Admit up front your new, and I always explain the fights, I never bail no matter how bad it gets. I am one of the nicest players you can pug with, but if you come unprepared, I will not yell and make the person feel bad, I just take the loot and move on because 90 percent of the time, I can help carry bad players through these runs.

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.14.2013 , 08:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win
Your concept of win-win is rather asinine.

First, by needing, you're ensuring they won't be able to gear up and become more effective. This merely passes the problem to others. Second, depending on what pops up, it may not even remotely cover your repair bill.

Finally, it ends up pissing people off. If you're willing to need inappropriately in one situation, how is anyone supposed to believe you won't in other situations?

By the time I'm seriously raiding on a character I have well over 450k, enough to cover repairs. Dailies alone will cover any and all repair costs. Needing on someone's gear is less effective than offering a few tips. If they respond well, then I've improved them, if they act like a moron, they go on ignore.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L65 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L65 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

GavinPatterson's Avatar


GavinPatterson
01.14.2013 , 09:00 AM | #7
i'm betting this guy doesn't know anything about the fp's and is causing wipes.... because no sane person would subject themselves to a fp run with total noobs and die nonstop.
Barsen'thor; Jedi Master, Council member, mender of the rift and master of hidden knowledge

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
01.14.2013 , 09:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win
Never, I would never take loot the way you say

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.14.2013 , 09:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinPatterson View Post
i'm betting this guy doesn't know anything about the fp's and is causing wipes.... because no sane person would subject themselves to a fp run with total noobs and die nonstop.
I run new people through the HM FP's a lot and must wipe at least ten times a week. Please stop assuming you are the fount of all knowledge.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L65 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L65 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

SithVeritas's Avatar


SithVeritas
01.14.2013 , 09:02 AM | #10
Wow. This is by far the most obnoxious thread I've seen on here for a while.

I can't even begin to describe how shocked I am to see someone post this and expect people to even remotely agree. Your way of handling this is just terrible, and I hope you'll stop queue'ing until you realize that.

At least have the decency to tell them of the elitist policy you're running before stepping into an instance.