Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition for better Custom-Chest-Armor without butt-flaps / cowls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition for better Custom-Chest-Armor without butt-flaps / cowls

Gidomirf
01.14.2013 , 07:29 AM | #1
I have been playing this game since launch, but I have yet to see a piece of armor that my Sorcerer can wear that does not have a cowl or buttflaps with an exposed midriff, she's stuck with the slave-girl bikini because most of the other light armor looks frumpy.

Lore-wise: I don't think fashion dies with the exploration of space, if anything I think it would become more diverse, and colorful. Women might, for instance wear dresses and / or skirts instead of only armor, pants & shirts. bikinis, or ankle-length robes with cowls. Men might even wear formal clothing or even exposing/alluring clothing because the sw-universe isn't entirely male-centric. Most of the Helms and hats are so repellent I'm not going to bother talking about them.

I don't expect the designers to create high-fashion, but could we please have better selection?

Less of the recolored meshes in the cartel packs would also make the bitter taste in my mouth go away a little faster. I feel like we are being bilked for money while our concerns about desired improvements for the game go unanswered and ignored. After spending another hour in a low level dungeon just to get - Warbringer's Body Armor - for my Juggernaut and finding out it had a hideous triangular tail attached to the chest with a bare midriff defying physics, I was hugely disappointed. The chest piece should only attach to the chest imo, not have extra attachments at the waist... Otherwise it would be a great bare midriff vest, sigh.

and before I get off my soapbox, plz plz plz can we get a barbershop? I'd really like to re-customize my character after realizing how popular my choices were. Also it'd be cool if more choices were available to customize character appearance, hair/color/eyes/etc.

The whole point is that I want my character to look unique and not just another clone of every other character the same race and gender and class. I used to wear un-augmented chest/leg armor to my detriment prior to 1.3 just to look unique, now everything can be augmented so its nearly impossible to be a snowflake. I'd at least appreciate liking how my character looked, not have to choose between being clothed as a sex-object, butch lesbian, or frumpy androgynous person without taste.

So, now I imagine lots of misogynistic replies may ensue, but w/e everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if they are bigoted. But I hope enough people are fed up with the drab gear we have seen and the "new" items in cartel packs that are recolored meshes of old mounts and gear.
Sign if you agree, if you troll you are essentially signing too
=3

Revanchis
01.14.2013 , 08:51 AM | #2
It would be nice to have more options. Like actual heavy looking armour for female characters. I don't understand why a nice heavy top has to have a bare midriff on a female character yet not on a male character. Either make one that's bare for both or make one that's not for both.

SentinelDranoel
01.14.2013 , 10:02 AM | #3
My fiance hates butt flaps and she avoids them like the plague. I love them and wear them like they are trending right now.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

bahdasz
01.14.2013 , 10:14 AM | #4
Butt flaps should be part of the belt, not part of the top; for several reasons.

Alavastre
01.14.2013 , 11:55 AM | #5
I'm pro butt flap.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

CarpeSangrea
01.14.2013 , 12:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Butt flaps should be part of the belt, not part of the top; for several reasons.
This. I never understood why these flaps were attached to the chest piece, as this leads to people creating retarded outfits like a heavy armor top and a dancer bottom XD

Toweleeeie
01.14.2013 , 12:06 PM | #7
No more shoulder pads and puffy chest pieces either

/sign
Can I has more Sandbox?

TalonVII
01.14.2013 , 12:42 PM | #8
How bout brining in some armor designs form Kotor 1&2. Like rt he virpine mesh, or zeison sha, or any of the heavy as rumors like the cassus fett armor, or the masndo neo crusader.

Sorry I feel that if you or your companion are not a man do or as trooper, shouldn't look like one but that is just me.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

CarpeSangrea
01.14.2013 , 12:46 PM | #9
WTB the exoskeleton armor from kotor 1

Revanchis
01.14.2013 , 01:05 PM | #10
Or you know the actual Revan's chest, which had a cape and wasn't all puffy.