Permanent group

freeico

Every day I play in a group, and when we all log off the group is disbanded automatically, and we need next day to form the group again. And because we were not in group when we were loging - we are on different instances, so we need to wait additional time to go to one and same instance. Why groups are not permanent until somebody leaves the group. Why it is disbanded on log-off? Or at least there should be option if this is temporal group for passing quests in given area, or this is permanent group and players in it wish always to be together.

Regards

Seems like a major waste of time if they ever devoted resources to implementing this. Is it really so hard to do /invite [name], then wait a few seconds for people to meet up? Seems like you're just being lazy. Edited by Brimmer

The game was designed with thoughts for group play. Most of quest or zones are for group play, So it is good if they make means for players to stay together. I spent every day 30 mins of my time for playing to gather the group, to go to same instance and so on... This is total waste of time for me. And for them to do this, will take half hour of beginner developer to preserve the group info between logins

This "feature" would annoy far more people than it helps.

Also, it takes SECONDS to /invite three people. Then if you are just doing Flashpoints (it sounded like you were) then the group leader can use the group finder to prompt all of you, regardless of instance on the fleet, to hit the instance and warp there.

Seriously...

The game was designed with thoughts for group play. Most of quest or zones are for group play, So it is good if they make means for players to stay together.

It's more geared towards playing in random groups though. Very few people have a group of three other friends who are so close they can easily always play together, so developing this sort of feature is just not worth the time.

I spent every day 30 mins of my time for playing to gather the group, to go to same instance and so on... This is total waste of time for me.

Just how slow are your computers? Going through the loading screen involved in switching the instance should not take more than a minute, and on a fast computer it can be 10-15 seconds. I bet you hate traveling in the game since it involves multiple loading screens.

And for them to do this, will take half hour of beginner developer to preserve the group info between logins

You are grossly underestimating the effort required.

The game was designed with thoughts for group play. Most of quest or zones are for group play, So it is good if they make means for players to stay together. I spent every day 30 mins of my time for playing to gather the group, to go to same instance and so on... This is total waste of time for me. And for them to do this, will take half hour of beginner developer to preserve the group info between logins

How is it possibly taking 30 minutes to group up? If you all logged out at the same location you should be able to invite all 3 people in less than 10 seconds (maybe a minute if you're really slow at typing). Then they click the "yes I want to go to the same instance" button and wait a minute or so for the loading screen. At worst this is like 5 minutes if your computers are god awful slow.

This is assuming people don't wander off and do their own thing at the end of the night and that's why you're waiting around for people to group up. If that's the case no amount of group persistence is going to help.