Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith corruption broken - no orange glowing eyes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sith corruption broken - no orange glowing eyes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 07:41 AM | #11
hehe^^ i had to live 4 years with a lousy internet until last x-mas
each mini-patch was a pain to download^^ now i get download speeds up to 10MB/s

BTT: i'll post some screenies from my zabrak later when i'm back home^^

edit:

this is how my zabrak should look like:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/i...e-Mist_320.jpg

okay, yellow is not an option, but glowing orange will do too

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 10:41 AM | #12
Okay, here's the screenshot^^

image 1: corruption disabled
image 2: corruption enabled (dark2) -> no orange glowing eyes
image 3: NPC with the orange glowing eyes how they should be with dark1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ptionfail.jpg/

W

Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 11:12 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ah, that clarifies things quite a bit. Using my powerful droid zoom & enhance function (squint really hard), the corruption 2 looks to be a teensy bit darker, and clearly not the vivid orange demonstrated. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intended due to the inital dark eye color used, but I'll look into it.

Sorry I can't do more on this on the forum, but I can see that you have a DE bug report in for this already, and I've added the photos you have sent.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Ridickilis
01.14.2013 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Hey Beesodd, thx for the answer^^

Is this different to the human race?
My human warrior got orange glowing eyes with dark1, with dark2 skin corruption and orange glow and dark5 more corruption and red glowing eyes^^
I asked other zabraks in in the general chat on fleet and they said, they have orange glowing eyes

did u cancel the orange glow for players? i see orange glowing eyes on many NPCs

Thanks
W
Actually, I don't know if you did the same, but I created my Zabrak with the orange eye color with the red outline in the character creation screen. So now that I'm Dark V it's still difficult to tell a difference between my 'natural' eye color and the corrupted color when I turn the corruption on and off.

EDIT: judging from your screenie it looks like you did that same. So that's probably why.

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 11:41 AM | #15
...this can't be true^^
look, even in the thumbnail-pic of my screenshot you can clearly see the orange glow on the NPCs eyes^^ - it's a difference like night and day between my zabrak-eyes and the NPCs eyes^^
Every other dark player has orange glowing eyes so i guess it's bug with the zabrak-race.

W

Ridickilis
01.14.2013 , 11:52 AM | #16
I guess what I was saying is the Zabrak with orange eyes from creation looked corrupted, and glowing, to me already.

In contrast, my Rattataki sorc, with the pale face and grey eyes, really stood out when I first got those orange 'glowing eyes'.

But perhaps you're right and it's a bug.

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 01:31 PM | #17
Here's a closeup^^

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/closeupi.jpg/

He's dark1 again, so no skin-corruption^^

But here you can see without a doubt that the orange- glow for eye corruption IS NOT WORKING

W

Ridickilis
01.14.2013 , 03:18 PM | #18
I see, that also happens to be the same eye pattern I used on mine as well. My toon's eyes also look the same as what you posted with my dark V rating.

I'm just trying to think of a plausible explanation as to why it's like that without it having to be the race is bugged. Let me try from a different angle.

I don't know if you have a chiss toon yet, but their eyes are completely red. As you gain corruption, they do not change to orange, they stay red. So with that in mind, perhaps the Zabrak's red bloodshot outlay around the pupil doesn't change either, it's a racial feature. So then add the fact that you already selected the orange colored eyes from creation and, blam, there is your reason you don't 'notice' it.

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 04:08 PM | #19
i quote myself^^

take a look at savage opress eyes
they are glowing^^

W

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post

this is how my zabrak should look like:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/i...e-Mist_320.jpg

okay, yellow is not an option, but glowing orange will do too

nattodaisuki
01.14.2013 , 05:22 PM | #20
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.