Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith corruption broken - no orange glowing eyes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sith corruption broken - no orange glowing eyes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 12:46 AM | #1
Hello,

i wanted to have the glowing eyes for my zabrak so i went from 6k light points to -1k and later -2k dark points.

But the orange glow won't work
With -2k i got the corrupted skin, but no glowing eyes again.

I'm sure you understand my frustration now, after putting much effort and credits into this^^

Another broken feature with 1.6.2?

W

PS: as usual, i didn't even get an email from CS for my ingame ticket! same story as always

Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 03:51 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Wolvereen,

The eye "glow" doesn't really kick in until a higher corruption level.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 06:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hello Wolvereen,

The eye "glow" doesn't really kick in until a higher corruption level.
Hey Beesodd, thx for the answer^^

Is this different to the human race?
My human warrior got orange glowing eyes with dark1, with dark2 skin corruption and orange glow and dark5 more corruption and red glowing eyes^^
I asked other zabraks in in the general chat on fleet and they said, they have orange glowing eyes

did u cancel the orange glow for players? i see orange glowing eyes on many NPCs

Thanks
W

Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 06:45 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
That's odd.

As far as I'm aware there was no change to any eye effects for any races.

It seems the definition of "glow" is a bit subjective. On my Dark I human agent I'd consider the eyes to be a vivid Orange, but not really glowing. Obviously the eyes get redder and more vivid as the corruption progresses. Do you have any pictures available, as it might help clarify how it looks different on the Zabrak?

I also edited my earlier post, as I don't think I put it very well above.

Thanks.

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 06:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Hey Beesodd, thx for the answer^^

Is this different to the human race?
My human warrior got orange glowing eyes with dark1, with dark2 skin corruption and orange glow and dark5 more corruption and red glowing eyes^^
I asked other zabraks in in the general chat on fleet and they said, they have orange glowing eyes

did u cancel the orange glow for players? i see orange glowing eyes on many NPCs

Thanks
W
That is odd... I remember only getting orangey eyes with Dark 1 (Like anakins in episode 3, though they didnt glow, they just changed color) Dark 2 i got some skin corruption added, as you said. Dark 3 i got further and darker skin corruption. Dark 4 My eyes glowed red, and dark 5 skin turned paler and eyes turned brighter red.

You may have Show Curruption turned off in the settings. That being said you if you zoom into your face you should see your eyes being an orangey color (but not really 'glowing'). If none of the above (curruptioin is on and you still have no orange colored eyes) This may be caused by some settings not being set high enough (Not sure about that one) Or try running the Repair tool in the launcher.

Good luck

EDIT: And as Beesodd said, Some pictures would definately help

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 06:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
That's odd.

As far as I'm aware there was no change to any eye effects for any races.

It seems the definition of "glow" is a bit subjective. On my Dark I human agent I'd consider the eyes to be a vivid Orange, but not really glowing. Obviously the eyes get redder and more vivid as the corruption progresses. Do you have any pictures available, as it might help clarify how it looks different on the Zabrak?

I also edited my earlier post, as I don't think I put it very well above.

Thanks.
Okay, i'll try to make screenshots this evening^^

i call it "glow" because u can see the bright orange eyes very clear when you are in dark environment.
Without corruption enabled, you can't see the retina, it's simply dark or black.

i zoomed into the face as i turned on/off the corruption-button^^ the only effect i noticed was the skin corruption. the eyes didn't change.

My goal was to get only the bright orange eyes with dark1, not going any further with skin corruption.
but as i noticed, that i didn't get them with dark1, i wasn't sure if i need dark2 for them.

but with dark2 i got skin corruption but no glowing eyes^^ so i guessed, it's broken

thx
W

edit:

here's a good example what's my understanding of orange "glowing" eyes:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ptioncomp.jpg/

while u can barely recognize the eye color on the left image, you can see a bright orange color on the right image^^
and the darker the surrounding, the more you will see the "glow"

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 07:17 AM | #7
Have you tried changing your settings to high textures (might help) and also try Running the repair tool in the launcher. That being said, Im working on a Dark side zabrak Now (well, When its fixed which will hopefully be soon) I'll post my findings below when i have them just incase you arent the only one with this bug

Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 07:19 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Aye, thanks.

The screenshots should help, in case there is an issue with Zabraks or even some combination of Zabrak customisations.

It will also help to get around the "to glow or not to glow" ambiguity.

Thanks again.

Wolvereen
01.14.2013 , 07:26 AM | #9
yea, my texture setting is high.
and since i got my new 100mbit fibre-optic internet, i used the repair button^^
but it said that all was ok.

W

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 07:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
yea, my texture setting is high.
and since i got my new 100mbit fibre-optic internet, i used the repair button^^
but it said that all was ok.

W
Fibre optic? What manner of sorcery is that? We're still in the dark ages here in australia haha.

This could be a general issue with Zabraks and their curroption. I'll also ask around ingame to see if other zabraks have the same issue. Keep ya posted.