Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about xp for subs.

01.14.2013 , 03:13 AM | #11
I too had a problem with too much xp on my smuggler back in March-April. Up to Balmorra (level 31-35 planet for Republic players) I had done every mission I could find, including all bonus objectives and some heroics. I hadn't spent any effort to avoid trash on my way to objectives, in many cases even actively seeking to fight and kill them. I also had made sure to always log out in a rest zone. By that point I was so seriously overleveled that many missions were gray when I got them, and simply weren't fun because of the lack of challenge.

I started to throttle down my xp gains as much as I could by skipping trash and single-stage bonus objectives and not accumulating any more rest xp (though what I had lasted me until level 50, so this was a wasted effort. I barely managed to enter Corellia before reaching level 50.

Now I'm leveling a consular and have fared much better with xp management. Sneaking naturally makes avoiding trash easier. On Hoth and Belsavis I even noticed I'd fallen slightly behind the curve, receiving missions above my own level. Now I'm level 44 and entering Voss, which is a level 44-48 planet, so all is well and good.

I'm thinking that rest xp combined with a non-sneaky class is the worst offender in this. Somehow you gain it even if you log out in a non-rest zone, so it's almost impossible to avoid unless you make some progress with the character every day. If there was a way to turn off rest xp without becoming F2P, I would use it.

01.14.2013 , 03:52 AM | #12
Personally I'm a quest-aholic so I do all the quests on each planet, including bonus series and each flashpoint once. I am always way over leveled for content.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

01.14.2013 , 05:35 AM | #13
I'm not really sure how you can underlevel as a subscriber unless you play so much that you don't accumulate rested XP.

Just finished leveling my Gunslinger, I didn't do any Heroics or FPs while leveling and skipped the bonus series on Alderaan and Hoth. I did the first 2 1/2 zones on Voss then only the story missions and then 1 set of dailies on Belsavis and Ilum. That left me halfway through level 49 so I went to Corellia and just did the class story missions and hit 50 before I finished Chapter 3. All the way through I was arriving on Planets over leveled and that has been the case with my other characters as well. Its hard work being under level.

01.14.2013 , 05:56 AM | #14
Im leveling a vanguard at the moment and have decided not to rest him just to see what happens..

Doing this and completing all quests and bonuses but no flashpoints seems to keep him just on the lvl or 1 above.. Though even that can seem very overpowered in some areas.. For instance "Mountain" a quest boss seems to be have been nerfed so much I swear I finished him with the press of 2 keys.

01.14.2013 , 06:41 AM | #15
I'm 46 at quesh did every single quest, side quest, most of the single bonus, all 2+ stage bonus, a lot of FP and a lot WZ everyday... and still have over 400k rested xp (heroics I managed to did some as a commando medic with only the companion, now I can just do it because I'm really overleveld)
I like the story and have nuff challenge in WZ I don't really mind... (sometimes it's boring, so I just go to WZ in the mean time )
that is my first toon... in the next ones (republic ones) I'll probably only skip the heroics and the rested xp after origin world... if I'm underlevel at some point, what I find difficult, I'll just WZ a lot more
May the Force Be With You!

01.14.2013 , 07:23 AM | #16
I'm usually over level for all my planets and I'm luck if I'm not 50 before I reach Voss.

I usually leave my starter planet at 11 and by the time I run my PvP daily, and about 4 BT/Esseles FP's using my XP bonus consumables from starter planet, I always seem to be lvl14 or so before even getting to either DK or Coruscant . Then from their, once I get my spaceship, its a matter of keeping up with space dailies, which are great XP, and doing dailies for FP's and PvP. Then add in normal questing, including bonus series, and heroics. I love being way ahead on each planet it makes the planet quests so much faster when you can mow down the trash.

I always see people way under level and always just assume there skipping a lot of content.
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"
Free Character Transfer and stuff ----->
336 member of SWTOR and proud owner of the CE version.

01.14.2013 , 07:36 AM | #17
My most recent character was a scoundrel. I used stealth, so didn't fight and kill all mobs. No pvp at all. 1 run of Esseles and no other FPs. I hardly did any heroics at all but did do the bonus series on all planets. I even remembered to go back to Alderaan which I'd never done before.

I hit 50 as I left the Corellia spaceport and got the little bit of xp you get for dicovering an area.

I did however do a bit of space using the level 1 upgrades, as that's easy fast XP at low levels. But that probably only got me 1 level.

My XP is almost always showing as rested too. Not through design, but I will tend to log off in cantinas or fleet, then if you don't play for a day or so for whatever reason it fills the bar up. After that it's actually quite difficult to catch it up again.

There have been people going on about being underlevelled for months now, but I really don't get it. I've hit 50 on Corellia on all my toons so far, and been overlevelled for the majority of the game. If I could be bothered to run FPs or had any interest in pvp then it'd just be silly.

01.14.2013 , 08:14 AM | #18
It evens out no matter how you do it. If you're underleveled for a planet, you're going to receive more exp per kill and per quest. If you're overleveled, you will receive less. Keep in mind though, that more than 3 levels below the content and you won't be able to damage the mobs very easily.

Two to three levels below the content is optimal for fast leveling.
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

01.14.2013 , 08:46 AM | #19
Ive said it before and will repeat it here again, its the in-mission bonuses that make or break the leveling curve.
If you do them all, you will basically double the XP you receive per planet, and if you do none, and miss the 3 "after planet bonus series" of Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Hoth, and do no pvp and very little FP's you will be below par.

01.14.2013 , 09:07 AM | #20
But surely if your below lvl your kills will simply give you higher xp , thus causing you to catch up