Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about xp for subs.

funkhouse
01.13.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1
My sniper entering Hoth at lvl 36 with being half way to lvl 37 on the xp bar. My question is how is it that i completed all the missions along with my class and only got 2 levels on that planet? I completed both hoth planet and class mission at lvl 38 1/2.
I am a subscriber and i did kill everything in my path to complete my objective. Did not sneak around to aviod to complete missions at all.
Now on my power tech tank i did only my class and recived a full level and half for just doing the class only. And same for my jug. And they started at lvl 36. I skip the mission on quesh just to only do my class.

For all 3 toons i did not use any xp boosts.

I seriously doubt the upcoming digi pac is going to have enough content for 5 levels when i cant even get more then 3 on 1 planet lol.

Are they realy trying to nickle dime to get the players to use xp boosts now? I never had this problem in the past and have played a month after launch for few months. Leveld many many toons and never had this issue before.

jedip_enguin
01.13.2013 , 11:03 PM | #2
I'm currently levelling a guardian and tbh I'm having the exact opposite issue.

So far I've skipped the Taris, Nar'shadda and Balmorra bonus series, totally ignored Quesh and did'nt even bother to finish the last zone on Alderaan, and I'm nearly 41 without having set a foot on Hoth yet.

At this rate i'll hit 50 on Belsavis...
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Pscyon
01.13.2013 , 11:20 PM | #3
I've always felt that in order to be at the level for your next planet, you have to do the bonus series in addition to all regular missions. If you're playing with a friend or do the heroic missions, bonus series can be skipped and you'll be good. Otherwise it's common to end up a level below your class story mission, though that's rarely an issue really.
Sith Sorcerer

lichoniespi
01.13.2013 , 11:22 PM | #4
Are your characters rested (google it if needed).
Do you run daily flashpoints?
Do you run daily Warzones?

I ask becouse im sub as well, however im always rested, i do flashpoints daily, and sometimes WZ (not much so far). And i cant complain about xp.
Generally if i do class quests + most side quests + planet story its more than enought.
I very often skip Heroics ( not in mood for o iwaiting)

Also in worse case scenerio you can always repeat heroics.
But i suppose that rest + FP + WZ is both easy and effective way to improve your xp issues.

Banegio
01.13.2013 , 11:30 PM | #5
In general if you are at the appropriate level (green/yellow quest) and do all the quests, you get close to one level for each zone (speeder/base) on the planet. This work out to be about 4 to 5 levels a planet.

My guess is you missed some quests.

Were you grouped with a higher level toon?

Holinyx
01.13.2013 , 11:57 PM | #6
I never get to Hoth until i'm well past 40, so obviously you are skipping ALOT of content.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Rafaman
01.14.2013 , 12:41 AM | #7
Not sure what happened in your situation OP. You know the caveats I'm sure, rested xp etc. etc.

I just capped another toon and I zooooomed through doing all class quests and a few planet quests. I was underlevel through out but if it is an indication, my xp gains were sufficient to finish the story with out much trouble. I finished at 47 skipping most side quests etc. etc. So... that tells me that xp gains are where they should be. Maybe even better than expected.

Asuka
01.14.2013 , 02:39 AM | #8
Dunno about you but my Sage is 44 and did a partial Hoth + class and partial Belsavis+ class and am going back Belsavis after wrapping up Hoth. My Sorc hit 50 on Corelia and had done everything on each planet minus bonus series here and there like Nar Shadaa's..

Raansu
01.14.2013 , 02:45 AM | #9
Sounds like you skipped the bonus series and probably missed a few side quests.

Nyla
01.14.2013 , 03:01 AM | #10
Just doing planetary content (class/planet/side/bonus/heroic quests) without any XP boost and without trying to get rested XP you should have come to Hoth at 39-40.

As for Hoth itself do you remember there's a few AREA quests that need to be discovered ?
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”