Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Error (5)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.15.2013 , 12:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowNessej View Post
the chkdsk froze, and at that moment i decided i'm just going to buy a new hard drive.

i do appreciate all of the attempts to help though
CHKDSK freezing maynot be the hdd , faulty ram can cause this as well, but if you have run the memtest 86 as mentioned then I guess ram can be discounted. A cpu overheating can cause corruption as well. there is a lot of things that can do it, just ram is the most common.

ShadowNessej
01.19.2013 , 10:10 AM | #22
I seriously don't know what's left that i can do.

I have gotten a new hard-drive, ran the installation, same thing.

I have replaced my memory and ran the scan, my memory is fine, ran the installation, same thing.

I even upgraded from vista to windows 7 incase it had something to do with my OS, but sure enough, same thing.

I don't know what the issue could possibly be anymore.

My latest log:
Spoiler
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

ShadowNessej
01.20.2013 , 10:16 PM | #23
Unbelievable that my solution was staring me in the face.

After completely uninstalling my SWTOR and downloading it from scratch off the website (I've been trying with my disc every time before now) and now my game is running, at last!

I really do appreciate the help though and without it i would've never realized my hard drive and memory corruptions or fixed them.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 10:25 PM | #24
Chkdsk runs ok now i gather ? what did you find in relation to that ? that was a worry.

Yes Disk installs contain an old launcher, seems sometimes it doesnt update correctly.
You can still install the bulk of files from disk then update the launcher from the website and just patch up.

ShadowNessej
01.21.2013 , 12:10 AM | #25
Yeah that's what i've been trying before and it didn't work.

Also yes, my hard drive isnt corrupt anymore since i replaced it
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din