Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Error (5)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.14.2013 , 10:16 PM | #11
What was the original reason for the hard drive reformat ? was it the drive with vista and the game on ?

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 10:18 PM | #12
I have a single hard drive. What i did was i inserted my Operating System disk and reinstalled vista which essentially wiped my hard drive. After i did that it continued to Error.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

OwenBrooks
01.14.2013 , 10:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowNessej View Post
I have a single hard drive. What i did was i inserted my Operating System disk and reinstalled vista which essentially wiped my hard drive. After i did that it continued to Error.
Have you run windows update ? and updated to the latest service pack again ?

Beruthien
01.14.2013 , 10:20 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ShadowNessej,

Could you please post your up to date launcher log and tell me exactly where/how the patching is failing at the moment?

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 10:21 PM | #15
I have done so, yes
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 10:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings ShadowNessej,

Could you please post your up to date launcher log and tell me exactly where/how the patching is failing at the moment?

Thank you!
To explain what's happening, i go to update my game and the Downloading part works just fine. However, once the install begins and it hits 2% it will say, "A Error has occured (5)" or something along the lines of that. Anyways, heres my updated log.

Spoiler
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

Beruthien
01.14.2013 , 10:24 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ShadowNessej,

After all the steps you have tried there should be some changes in the log, that is the reason I have asked for an up to date log.

Thank you!

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 10:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings ShadowNessej,

After all the steps you have tried there should be some changes in the log, that is the reason I have asked for an up to date log.

Thank you!
Ah, sorry, i updated my post before this one with that.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

Beruthien
01.14.2013 , 10:30 PM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings ShadowNessej,

There are still corrupt files detected in the installation and repairs being run. This is a strong indication that there is some form of hard drive or memory fault a play here. I know you have been advised to do this before, but I would like you to run chkdsk and Memtest86+ again (please run MemTest86+ at least 6 times). Please come back to me with the results of these tests.

Thank you!

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 11:44 PM | #20
the chkdsk froze, and at that moment i decided i'm just going to buy a new hard drive.

i do appreciate all of the attempts to help though
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din