Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gambler's Anonymous

VegaPhone
01.14.2013 , 02:15 AM | #11
Maybe knowing where it all began can help you overcome your addiction. Maybe remembering a time before your addiction and the learning about it, you might remember a person who was happy without gambling, and then trying to be that person.

So basically by gambling addicted, you are addicted to suffering. Think about that, and see that you should have realized that your addiction is something negative and developing coping mechanisms a long time ago. Maybe its the 'positive' atmosphere of not caring about our problems to not dwell on negative things that has made us naive and alternatively more susceptible to addictions. What ever is the possible cause... being an addict to a persons own demise is something a person should have a natural resistance towards.

Maybe part of the addiction is the thrill of course, but the thrill also comes from losing. So part of the addiction is losing. Its a strange addiction.

Goretzu
01.14.2013 , 02:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Roechacca View Post
the single items cost a fortune. You cant buy the Throne*** individually.
Yeah, this is the reason why MMO companies like Gambling Pack.

Sell the Throne indivdually and you might be able to get away with charging $25.00 each for it.

"Sell" them in Gambling Packs and they can rig the odds so each individual Throne costs $200.00 each and no one is the wiser.

It's the same old con all gambling is.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

chuixupu
01.14.2013 , 03:34 AM | #13
A fortune? So you might pay $10-$20 on an item you know you want rather than your entire paycheck on multiple packs that give you junk?

That's my point. We should be able to buy the throne individually. I'd rather pay more money to get exactly what I want then GAMBLE for the chance to get it.

Edit: what the heck, people are still talking about government and economic systems?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Roechacca
01.14.2013 , 08:56 AM | #14
As a Smuggler, addiction to gambling comes with the lifestyle. I blame the Hutts. We do need these items all individually sold or else I'm afraid my impulse control to win the big score will never be sedated. An yes, why are people still talking about governments?
Only worst of the worst may join MOB.

itsmymillertime
01.14.2013 , 09:47 AM | #15
1 weeks worth of dailies and buy one from the gtn.

bahdasz
01.14.2013 , 10:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
1 weeks worth of dailies and buy one from the gtn.
Yes, GTN is definitely the way to go for anything you want off the cartel market... and it's free, just a little play time spent earning creds.

SithVeritas
01.14.2013 , 10:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I agree. Don't buy packs with your CCs. Support single purchase items, then they will focus their attention on those instead.
This. People feel like SWTOR's turning into a cash cow because of this gamble crap.

Agidius
01.14.2013 , 11:31 AM | #18
I dont get it

Tor's esrb rating doesn't mentions gambling at all.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis...old%20republic

Cartel packs are text book examples of gambling, they cost real money etc.

I'm from Europe so this whole ESRB rating is unfamiliar to me, but isn't this legally binding? Or is this only like a note?

Goretzu
01.14.2013 , 11:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Yes, GTN is definitely the way to go for anything you want off the cartel market... and it's free, just a little play time spent earning creds.
The AH relies on people buying Gambling Packs though, without that there is nothing ON the AH (from the Gambling Packs).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Costello
01.14.2013 , 11:40 AM | #20
I laught and while I was orginally against the Cartel Market I am now in favour. In a way this means the Mexican Cartels are financing TOR which has to be far better than another round of lay offs.