Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

uziforyou
01.17.2013 , 11:58 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tromador View Post
But.... they give you a QUEST to go and get it! *facepalm*
Well, no. They don't "give" you a quest. You actually have to go to a mission terminal and pick it up. This myth that it's handed to you in the mail or whatever is what drives the misinformation about why some players miss out getting this free tionese gear.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

mikebevo
01.17.2013 , 01:39 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
Well, no. They don't "give" you a quest. You actually have to go to a mission terminal and pick it up. This myth that it's handed to you in the mail or whatever is what drives the misinformation about why some players miss out getting this free tionese gear.
It is however the same mission terminal that gives you the daily and weeklies for HMFPs. Makes you wonder if they are missing out on those comms too.

Revanchis
01.17.2013 , 07:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
Actually you do get mail about it after a while. Not sure about the specifics, but there is a message sent to you about it.

MitchPB
01.17.2013 , 09:56 PM | #44
It is pretty quick, I got a toon to 50 last week on Belsavis, immediately ported to fleet and it was waiting for me when I arrived.

DarknessInLight
01.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Boognishe View Post
Bioware doesn't need to change anything. You already have options. Join an active guild and run these fps with friends, or manually look for people on the fleet and tell them of your intentions to fight all bosses.
Agreed. Tell them up front you would like to do a full run and pick up all trash mobs and bosses.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Brutal
01.18.2013 , 10:34 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I agree, it's ridiculous how people skip bosses. I mean some of the bosses drop implants, which the free tionese coms don't give you and the others drop tionese gear you could use to gear up companions.
most of gear u get from mid bosses and bonus become usless in 2 days if u know haw to play i play since beta and do hm only for coms as soon as i join i ask fast run or u guys watching if they say they kill all and watch movies i will apologise and quit grup once u run them hundrets of times u get bored and try to get them done asap
story mode for story driven players watch there and kill as much as u like on hm's only think that counts is last boss and bh coms
if i would not be able to skip bosses would not run the fp's but then i would have nothing to do in game so probebly would move on to another game

thomasbaxter
01.19.2013 , 04:26 PM | #47
Haha tbh after a while FPs like Taral V (which to my mind is the most boring thing I've ever played next to the Esseles) drain on you so I'm glad u can choose to skip bosses to get ur rewards etc. I do find it a bit amusing though in FPs like the foundry when 3 Jedis run up to stop the intruders as you run right past them....they don't even bat an eyelid haha

mcslack
01.20.2013 , 07:02 AM | #48
Hi all. I dont find this practice a problem. Most Peeps will do wat is asked of them if made clear at begining. My only prob is the speed at which they want to leave group members in the dust. As a healer its tough to stay on the Tank and the dps that thinks hes #1Eleetz and jumps ahead of the tank and melts away. The dps then cries to me about no healz man!!
In any case it should b up 2 the group and im always down for doin it all or skipping. But I totally see where your coming from OP.

CommanderKeeva
01.20.2013 , 12:13 PM | #49
The thing is with skipping is that a lot of people have no idea how to skip the mobs and bosses properly. They aggro while driving past mobs or drive into exhaustion zones. Ilum HM is always fun to watch when people try to make a shortcut through the snow instead of sticking to the metal path.

Sometimes skipping is more complicated and tiresome than actually killing whatever's in your way.

EDIT: Although once I was in a T5 HM with 3 Shadows and 1 Scoundrel. Fastest daily ever.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

lpope
01.22.2013 , 11:20 AM | #50
Simple rule: If you want to kill a boss, ask. I have never seen someone get turned down.

Now that being said, I prefer to skip as much as possible. I run FPs on my campaign / dreadguard geared tanks & healers not because I need the comms, but because many in the community want or need them. Queuing as a tank or heals lowers the queue time for the community as a whole. If you want me to stop being helpful, then by all means get BW to make bosses unskippable. I can gladly stop queueing. Ashara's already in BH gear, she doesn't need any upgrades.