Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

Never_Hesitate
01.14.2013 , 09:17 AM | #11
I mostly queue with a friend of mine, so we have tank and heal covered.
Because the dps have such long queues and are so easily replaced, we pretty much skip what we want to and kill the rest.
If someone needs the gear we kill every boss for him.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Ansalem
01.14.2013 , 09:53 AM | #12
people skip because they just want their bh comms for the daily. Most people dont need the gear from hm fps anymore since bioware made it so easy to get gear. Battle of Ilum is terribly long if you kill every single boss in there or dont sap skip trash. The difference is up to 30-40 mins. I would personally rather do a quick 10-15 min battle of ilum instead of dragging along a group of rookies for an hour. A week ago this happened and I got kicked from the group after skipping the first 2 bosses...I rejoined queued and got in a fresh group that wanted to skip like me and ended up completing that run before my previous group even got halfway through. In fact that original group ended up in a wipefest that never completed the run after I left. In short only bad players don't want to skip.

Niytshade
01.14.2013 , 10:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
In short only bad players don't want to skip.
That kind of made me lol. Don't forget mid bosses can drop exotech gear which in some cases is a little superior to tionese, I wore exotech medics legs until I was able to get the columi. I've had some groups where people could really really use that gear..I did a battle of illum last night with a guy that got 50 the previous night but he was wearing 50 modded oranges with level 49 mods in them so he had under 12k health...he didnt know about the free tionese or even the free recruit gear, so my group offered to kill the mid bosses to try and get him some gear.

Tromador
01.14.2013 , 10:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Niytshade View Post
he didnt know about the free tionese.
But.... they give you a QUEST to go and get it! *facepalm*

mastirkal
01.14.2013 , 11:09 AM | #15
It's choice based, doesn't need to be fixed just because you feel like being a busy body. If you want to do them, do so, but don't force this opinion on others because of some sense of right and wrong.

jumay
01.14.2013 , 11:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I agree, it's ridiculous how people skip bosses. I mean some of the bosses drop implants, which the free tionese coms don't give you and the others drop tionese gear you could use to gear up companions.
You mean the implants that drop EVERYWHERE? We don't even want them in our guilds bank anymore because they are nothing more than clutter to us. I prefer to skip as much as possible on the HM FP runs because not even my fresh 50's need tionese gear. Legacy gear plus Columi comms gets all of alts geared rather fast.

Icestar
01.14.2013 , 11:23 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dzehn View Post
I would love to hear others opinion on this subject and - or - other suggestions into a viable compromise that would be an acceptable solution for all.
I created this thread it got ok attention with 18K views and lots of posts.

Perhaps you can find some answers how the community thinks there

RendValor
01.14.2013 , 11:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.
We have our winner.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Master-Nala
01.14.2013 , 11:55 AM | #19
I don't mind people skipping bosses and trash, but I had an Ilum group this weekend where we wiped 3 times because people didn't know how to skip. I got fed up and demanded that we just do the darn thing as intended. Most fun I've had in awhile. Didn't get anything other than my 5 BH comms to show for it either.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni, Hard-Top, Arbaaz & Psionicist
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami (BH), Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thefia, & Chisami (IA)

Frog_brains
01.14.2013 , 12:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.
i agree with most that is said here, it should be up to the individual group to decide how they want to approach the raid. It should not be dictatated by the company.

I would like to make one caveat to that though, Many of you who haven't lvl'd toons lately probably aren't aware of how difficult it is to get groups for story mode FP's. It's to the point that besides, esseles/blacktalon, athis, and hammer station i don't even bother trying to queue up for the non HM FP's. Often times when i'm doing an FP for the first time it's the HM and not the story mode. I'd like to be able to watch the cinematics without being harrased. I do however declare my intentions right at the begining